Passed 1,2,3,4 stars of your hotel

Shall the hotel star system be different for town members?

• Yes

Votes: 176 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1278415

Looks like it is time for a poll then.

2 weeks to vote yes or no. If poll reaches magic # of 80% of positive yes vote then it will be sent on to developers to decide.

No more changes will be allowed to post #1 unless authorized by Good Feather or other Mod during this 2 week poll.

DeletedUser

I voted Yes because it's another reason to be part of a town it's fair and will add new game play to the game as an advantage towards the race to the top :D

DeletedUser

Yes, definitely a good idea to add flexibility to the length of time you sleep, that's always something I've found annoying. And it would make use of what are effectively 4 redundant levels of building for the people who actually took the time/effort to build them.

I'm sure there are other ways of implementing a 'time to sleep' type option, but this is a good idea, and is the one up for vote, and a Yes vote for this will make it clear to the developers that they should at least be putting in 'some kind' of how long you sleep option even if they tinker with the final deployment of it :)

DeletedUser29035

It's a good compromise between what players would like, and what could actually be implemented. definitely yes.

DeletedUser

I think a better way to get what your saying is to just make sleep time adjustable and not have it set at a non-negotiable 8 hours. By doing it this way it seems you are just making a 1 star hotel into a 5 star which would eliminate benefits at the start of the worlds. What I mean by that is if you get 64 energy back for 5.12 hours of sleep then those without 5 stars can just sleep that extra 2.88 hours and get close to 100 energy. Making it a 5 star hotel as we know it.

How about something like options on time you desire to spend in hotel. 2,4,6, or 8 hours, but a 2 hour sleep in a 5 star hotel would only get you 25 energy and 25% health. This also will effect cost at doing it at other towns so maybe just keep that advantage to hometown hotels/forts.

DeletedUser

I think a better way to get what your saying is to just make sleep time adjustable and not have it set at a non-negotiable 8 hours. By doing it this way it seems you are just making a 1 star hotel into a 5 star which would eliminate benefits at the start of the worlds. What I mean by that is if you get 64 energy back for 5.12 hours of sleep then those without 5 stars can just sleep that extra 2.88 hours and get close to 100 energy. Making it a 5 star hotel as we know it.

How about something like options on time you desire to spend in hotel. 2,4,6, or 8 hours, but a 2 hour sleep in a 5 star hotel would only get you 25 energy and 25% health. This also will effect cost at doing it at other towns so maybe just keep that advantage to hometown hotels/forts.

slickwick, if that had any chance of passing at the devs, it would have passed already.
please read the first post again, I don't think you understood it well. a level 1 hotel WOULD give you 64 energy for 8hrs! everything stays the exactly the same for the top level in the hotel, every lower level is based on less time. please re-read.
So your saying you would never ever use the 1 star if THIS got implemented? o.k. but I think the majority of players would, including myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

nice idea but it would be more beneficial and easier if there was an option on how long you would want to set your player to sleep for from a drop down menu of 2/4/6/8 hrs sleep....a mandatory 8 hrs in hotel can be too long sometimes but a change is welcome....i will vote a yes on this and perhaps the devs can ammend it to suit if accepted on vote......;0):blink:

DeletedUser25963

Just no.
If you can't manage your online time, please don't ask to developer to change the game.
Blame your self because can't manage how to play the west.

DeletedUser

Why not just add a drop down box to the hotel, so you can queue up either 2,4,6 or 8 hours of sleep.

I totally agree with this idea, many times I have wished there was an amount of time you could choose to sleep for various reasons, the most common being able to sleep for x amount of hours then walk to a fort battle.

And it's not about being able to manage your online time when you're on the other side of the world and when most battles occur in the small hours, like in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29269

I really don't understand guys who are so bitter and have such negative comments about the idea. This is just a proposal of how to improve the game and it shouldn't be hard to implement it. If THEY don't like it, then they don't have to use it in the game. They can still sleep 8 hours if they want, so any improvements made won't affect them if they dislike the idea. However, the other players will get an improvement and this pretty much covers both sides. Simple: don't like it - don't use it; otherwise enjoy the benefits.

I voted "Yes".

DeletedUser

I totally agree with this idea, many times I have wished there was an amount of time you could choose to sleep for various reasons, the most common being able to sleep for x amount of hours then walk to a fort battle.

And it's not about being able to manage your online time when you're on the other side of the world and when most battles occur in the small hours, like in Australia.

We all wish we could get the best possible solutions. However, this is a compromise between what (most) players would like to have, and what the devs would actually agree to.

This idea is very simple to apply, where as 2.4.6.8hrs drop down box idea requires major game reconfiguring, not to mention that the hotel screen would look one way for town members, and a different way for non-members. I personally don't think that devs would go for the 2,4,6,8 idea, because something similar would have already been implemented!

IMO choice is simple: either this, or it stays the way it is.

DeletedUser22575

I really don't understand guys who are so bitter and have such negative comments about the idea. This is just a proposal of how to improve the game and it shouldn't be hard to implement it. If THEY don't like it, then they don't have to use it in the game. They can still sleep 8 hours if they want, so any improvements made won't affect them if they dislike the idea. However, the other players will get an improvement and this pretty much covers both sides. Simple: don't like it - don't use it; otherwise enjoy the benefits.

I voted "Yes".

in this case improvement = que hotel que jobs and automatically go to work with no log in.

those that don't like it = make the time to do this.

end results = those who don't make/have the time are = to those who do.

so yes, those who don't put the same effort as others could achieve the same results with less effort and would no doubt enjoy it.

NO to this.

DeletedUser

I really like the idea.
And people saying the less active members are benefitting more of this as more active users. They are not neceserally right.

With this system, an active user can time his energy better. For example, I stand up in the morning and put 3 jobs in queu. After 2 hours, I do 1 more job and go to sleep. For the rest of the day, I do some jobs when I have the required energy. Most of the time I have a little too much energy, so my energy bar, doesn't always reach zero. For the rest of the time, i'm pretty much logged in quite often to post on forums or something.

By the end of the day, before I take the 8 long hours of sleep, so when I wake up my character has 100 energy. I try to queue 2 more jobs and then the sleeping job. Pretty much everytime, I have some energy left, so that energy is unused. Why, because I don't time my logins and the queuing of jobs on the second.

I there was such a system of sleeping like this idea, I could time the using of my energy perfectly so this is an example of a more active user benefitting of this idea.

Just my words, if anyone disagrees, please say so.

P.S.: I think less active users, who wait for 8 hours for the next login or so, could actually be more active using this system.
As for premium ideas, make the energy regenerated 15% more or decrease the time needed to sleep with 10% or something. These numbers are nothing more then to make an example btw.

DeletedUser22575

I really like the idea.
And people saying the less active members are benefitting more of this as more active users. They are not neceserally right.

With this system, an active user can time his energy better. For example, I stand up in the morning and put 3 jobs in queu. After 2 hours, I do 1 more job and go to sleep. For the rest of the day, I do some jobs when I have the required energy. Most of the time I have a little too much energy, so my energy bar, doesn't always reach zero. For the rest of the time, i'm pretty much logged in quite often to post on forums or something.

By the end of the day, before I take the 8 long hours of sleep, so when I wake up my character has 100 energy. I try to queue 2 more jobs and then the sleeping job. Pretty much everytime, I have some energy left, so that energy is unused. Why, because I don't time my logins and the queuing of jobs on the second.

I there was such a system of sleeping like this idea, I could time the using of my energy perfectly so this is an example of a more active user benefitting of this idea.

Just my words, if anyone disagrees, please say so.

P.S.: I think less active users, who wait for 8 hours for the next login or so, could actually be more active using this system.
As for premium ideas, make the energy regenerated 15% more or decrease the time needed to sleep with 10% or something. These numbers are nothing more then to make an example btw.

I agree. There is some benefit to the active users.

As far as making the less active more active I am not sure I agree. In fact by being able to cherry pick their hotel time and then que jobs to follow automatically I think they can maintain the same activity level while accomplishing more.

I think that is the sticking point with me. Sort of like in real life where you have one person who is a hard worker and puts in extra effort and another who is a slacker and does no more when than he has to, yet they both get the same pay raise and benefits.

In this case while the active will gain some the less active stand to gain more.

DeletedUser

yes, cause i am an adventurer or dueler so i don't stick around. when i get to town is to sleep i usually need to sleep for 4 or 5 hr. to regain my hp. it will be helpful to me.

let me bring out the medals of sleeping for 2 and 3 times in a row, if it already has not. they would need to sleep in level 5 hotels? i would not like to see this idea if they will change time if the town's hotel is of level 1 and you can sleep of short time.

voted yes, but not great ideal, rating 6 out of 10.

DeletedUser

Just no.
If you can't manage your online time, please don't ask to developer to change the game.
Blame your self because can't manage how to play the west.

It's not about not being able to manage the game, it's about adding reality to the game.

In the military, we learned to take "combat naps"...2 to 3 three hours dozes that didn't get us back to 100%, but let us recover enough energy to get back into the fight with some regeneration to keep us going till we could drop out....and seldom for a full 8 hours at that. In reality, most people don't need a full 8 hrs of sleep a night anyway....know some guys that are totally wasted if they sleep more than 5 to 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.