Bounties proposal

DeletedUser

I like this idea as a whole the only downside i can still see is that the best duelers will become even better. they will beat someone some will put a bounty on them. people will try to collect that bounty at least some of them will lose giving the original dueler more free xp than they would normally get. but maybe thats not such a bad thing i dunno.

DeletedUser

You could get that situation as in The Good The Bad and The Ugly, where a convict is hit by a mate and then they share the loot accordingly. Sounds fun to be wanted tho!

DeletedUser

If mayor can put bounty on anyone then imagine this scenario:

Two allied towns will decide to make life of one town a misery. One town puts bounties on first half of that town, the second town puts bounties on second half of that town. Then they duel them to death. Surprise, both attacking cities will lose only few bucks. Even when you introduce only one active bounty at a time, this can still happen.

Edit: And I will say one more time NO to jail system. I think it will not happen because of reason I've already mentioned in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Interesting.... Very interesting! I think this gives a whole new incentive to duelers.. I really like this! I can imagine workers and builders moaning though :dry:

ahhh well im in

DeletedUser

must be aviable to build jail ... lower level of the jail is,is more aviable to spring from jail,bigger level of jail is that's more unaviable to spring from jail

DeletedUser

If mayor can put bounty on anyone then imagine this scenario:

Two allied towns will decide to make life of one town a misery. One town puts bounties on first half of that town, the second town puts bounties on second half of that town. Then they duel them to death. Surprise, both attacking cities will lose only few bucks. Even when you introduce only one active bounty at a time, this can still happen.

Edit: And I will say one more time NO to jail system. I think it will not happen because of reason I've already mentioned in this thread.

It's a reasonable objection but if, as you suggest, there was only one bounty available [good idea by the way]then how can a town put bounties on half a town?...well they could on a 2 man town, but you know what i mean.

I don't accept your reasons for no to jail because it is the same reason you give on every topic. that is you want your premium to give you more scabby advantages than it already does.:p

however i'm prepared to yield the jail idea as a compromise to simplicity and hopefully to garner greater support for this proposal.

DeletedUser

It would be cool to see a count of the amount of times you landed in jail on your character sheet, or the amount of bounties you have one you (if you have more than one). Personally they look like medals.

The jail idea... i have to admit is good, but then it might make the game into a little bit of a care bare sim-city.

DeletedUser

Maybe they could add a job called working on the chain gang, and have it only available to prisoners. It could give no money but some experience and chance of finding items. Otherwise, I don't like the idea of people being banned from the game (not being able to do anything) when they haven't broken any rules.

I agree. If people are put out of action for long periods of time, they will more than likely leave the game. Do you think the admins really want people to get disgusted with the game and leave? That wouldn't be very good advertisement for the game either.

DeletedUser

I don't accept your reasons for no to jail because it is the same reason you give on every topic. that is you want your premium to give you more scabby advantages than it already does.:p
As I've already said, I've never bought premium and I don't have dueler right now, so it's not my problem if you want to be jailed that way. Imagine yourself with that nice expensive premium sitting in a jail doing nothing.

What I meant by putting bounties on half of town was this:

Let there be
Mayor of town A, Mayor of town B and for easyness 10 people from town C

A puts bounty on player 1., 2., 3., 4. and 5. in city C
B puts bounty on player 6., 7., 8., 9. and 10 in city C

Then people from city A will duel players 6., 7., 8., 9. and 10. from city C and people from city B will duel players 1., 2., 3., 4. and 5. Also what happened? Duelers from city B got back the money they paid on bounties and it's the same with duelers from city A.

This way you can jail someone for free ... Even when you introduce fee for creating bounty, still it will be abusable.

This can happen on smaller scale of course when there will be only one bounty available at a time.

DeletedUser

yeah I think that if we discard the jail idea this idea suddenly becomes a lot simpler and more practical, more likely to be implemented. how about we say no jail, then pulis idea will clearly not work, and only half the bounty set gets given to the killer, the rest goes "poof", as previously suggested.:p:bandit::eek:

DeletedUser

I prefer a simple bounty.

1. Town council/founder can post bounty on player, which will show up on ranking like posted earlier. Also, allow ANY victim of dueler to post a bounty, BUT they have to do so within say 24-48 hours after being killed, this will require additional coding but should be easily checked as we already store those information in the database.

2. Whichever player kills the bounty player gets to collect 1/3 of the prize as posted in 1st post. Collect full payment can be subject to abuse so reward needs to be a fraction of the posted amount.

3. Consider adding one extra day of unable to duel for duelers as a penalty.

That's it, no need to get more elaborate for now because

1. Duelers require the ability to duel, being killed = 48 hours you cannot duel, force duelers to work for a living.

2. Dueling for cash right now is not a guarantee, you may get lucky, you may get unlucky, by posting bounty, the prospective bounty hunter is guaranteed to "collect" cash if the bounty hunter wins.

I understand some people might be frustrated with constantly losing hard earned $$$ to duelers but putting duelers in jail, etc. penalize duelers too much in my opinion. For duelers that depends on "efficient" dueling other players for cash and exp (as their stats are all in dueling related skills), not able to duel can hurt.

Let the market decide which ones bounty hunters are going to go after ,risk versus reward. If a dueler kill too many, terrorize too many towns, victims can post enough bounty to entice some bounty hunters to go out of their way to collect $$$.

DeletedUser

why does a person have to be attacked by someone to put a bounty on them? I believe it would be more interesting to just be able to put a bounty on anyone at any time.

DeletedUser

why does a person have to be attacked by someone to but a bounty on them? I believe it would be more interesting to just be able to put a bounty on anyone at any time.

I somehow agree on that, it seems kinda unfair, cold and brutal. :D

DeletedUser

why does a person have to be attacked by someone to but a bounty on them? I believe it would be more interesting to just be able to put a bounty on anyone at any time.

What's the point/goal of bounty?

Allow anyone to post a bounty on someone is fine, however, I suspect there are quite a few multi in this game, posting bounty will allow some easy transfer of $$$, that's why I believe reward is a fraction of posted bounty for that reason.

If enough people want that way, that's fine, as long as we can prevent abuse, I'm all for letting anyone posting bounties. Restricting who can post bounty make abuse this system harder. You can still abuse it with many players using founder/councilor position to post bounty but at least it's more of a hurdle than letting anyone, townfolks or townless people to post bounty.

DeletedUser

Perhaps if you are on the same IP you are not allowed to place a bounty over the other users on the IP.

DeletedUser

it would be a good way for a defensive dueler to provoke attacks and get free xp