Bounties proposal

DeletedUser5046

angelaiah dont u want to delete the dueler classes better?!i bet all my money that a builder started this thread!

i dunno if te thread starter is a builder. . .and i dun wanna bet:laugh:

i dun wanna delete duelers..they are cool. . .(gee always lost in a duel T_T [pvp])..i stated sumthin i thought would answer shadow's question .period.

DeletedUser1105

Is 'minkey' supposed to be me? :p

This is Ulthor's proposal.....he is doing the summary.

DeletedUser

lol best we just ready what we need to do first before waiting for the mod's go-ahead

DeletedUser

MY ear trophie would work really well with the bounty idea.
WHen you collect that bounty, you also grab that ear :D

(ah well, I man can dream!)

DeletedUser

Tum te tum, drums fingers on table, what do you have to do to get service around here!
I'm ready to order now so when you have finished your conversations could one of you come over and take our order please!

DeletedUser

Nightninja looks at the long queue behind Ulthor

hey where's the service?!? (JK!)

DeletedUser

Too busy making buttons of well endowed half-dead ladies to actually improve the game it seems. Quelle Domage.

DeletedUser

Nightninja passes everyone present a beer while we wait.

If we're gonna wait,we might as well wait will a drink in our hands.:laugh:

DeletedUser

That's very decent of you old chap.
I'll have gin and tonic with a drop of angostura bitters, if I may.
Anything decent on the box?
help yourself to tortilla chips and salsa by the way.

DeletedUser

I really see no point in the jail idea. What are you supposed to do when you are in jail?

How about the ability to mount an appeal, demand your day in court, etc. for being unjustly accussed. There should be some way to prevent bounties from just being placed on someone for no reason or for being a "sore loser" in a duel. Have a court headed by Judge Roy Bean (Texas) and allow the captured player to pay for a trial in which the person who placed the bounty would have to make the accusation and the accused would be able to either defend or justify himself. Pick the jury at random (say 100 players at random and the first 12 that reply are the actual jury so you aren't waiting forever for a jury) and make it majority decision for the jury. If the accused is actually aquitted, then the accused should be set free with the bounty too (that's the best checks and balances I can think of to the abuses that can come from this feature) ... but a jail break idea is an alternative for guilty players to resume play in the game. If you're guilty of an offense then there should be a penalty, if you place a bounty on a player unjustifiably then there should be a remedy against those players too (regardless of how strong they are), there should always be a fair form of checks and balances to keep the game fair.

I'm just a noob at this game, but I've seen far too many games get ruined with a good idea applied poorly.

Tracker John

PS - If someone is a criminal/outlaw then shouldn't they be a bit harder to find then just doing a search in the rankings (they should be masked so they don't just appear on the mini map for example). They should still be locatable, but if they're on the run then the tracker should have to look at all the little red dots in the game until he finds his prey and runs 'em down.

DeletedUser

Wohh this is one from the archives isn't it, I like this, why did this thread die when the idea is exactly what we need in the west!?
Not being funny but, ok we have jobs and town management and even duelling but we need something inbetween all that to keep players occupied, this would only help that cause.
Player and cpu random generated bounties would be excellent imo, I'm level 53 on w3 and I tell you it gets F'ing boring once you get all the equipment and quests completed, this will be something for us to chase and keep online rather than click a few jobs within 2 minutes and log off :bandit:

DeletedUser

After reading this through I am not surprised it died.

Lock some random player in jail for 2 -5 days ? Ridiculous idea , surprised the real objections didnt start until about page 9.

Make some random dueler a target for the whole world to attack just because he played the game ? why not put a bounty on a worker for building town hall, or adventurer for not being in a town. or a soldier for burning his uniform.

This is way too open to abuse and should stay dead.If the game needs more excitement there has to be better ways of doing it than lynch mob mentality and persecution. Yes these things happened in the old west but how many innocent people suffered as a result?

Forts will be coming out at some time which should fulfill your desire for blood but this idea is a definite no-no for me.