Incoming Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It makes no sense to implement changes on only new worlds. This is one game, not 5, and the devs should not have to maintain separate programming from one world to the next.

The complaints about people's character builds being invalidated are wrong, because Cons is still the most relevant skill. So the only complaint left is that building will be harder / slower. And there are plenty of people who want it slowed down, for the balance of the game.

I really don't think that this is a big deal. Nothing can be done about the fact that on the older worlds some people had it easier, but why should anyone care about that? Some people maxed out their hotels before they got harder too. So lucky them, but how does that impinge on anyone else's game?

With the last update, I lost jobs but with a little switching around I've just powered through levels 35 & 36 anyway. Just play, I reckon. Rethink your strategies and adjust if you need to.

The ability to adapt seems like an important Wild West skill to me. ;)

DeletedUser

My concern (of which I have a vested interest) is the higher level Builders. A low level Builder can simply alter their level progression plan to include stamina, however a high level Builder is stuck with spending an insane amount of cash to "fix" their skills. And let's face it, there are not many opportunities for a Builder to make quick money with any sort of regularity.

I also want to take exception to the specification of stamina as a construction replacement. It's not the worse fit possible, but there are other skills that could be combined to reflect a clearer definition of building within a town. For instance, leadership is currently a building skill. Anyone who has worked for any length of time on a job site knows that a hard-nosed foreman who knows what he's doing is worth ten charismatic foremen who have no clue. Yet, tactics is ignored in favor of leadership.

So my question has to be: why stamina? I could easily see vigor or toughness being essential to construction. It doesn't matter that you can work all day if your natural resiliency won't allow you to try. I have seen plenty of young, strong dudes on a site that didn't last more than a week and it wasn't because they ran out of energy. It was due to being unaccustomed to the often rigorous physical demands that come with working predominantly in an outside environment.

I am not posting this because of the percieved slowing-down of town building. My town (Midian) is one of the fantasically rare ones that actually has it's Shop levels match it's Goods level. What's the secret to perfect town growth? I'm not saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes best way to overcome your anger is to see others suffer.
its hard to be a dueler since you make money by doing jobs. yes you read corectly - doing jobs. and not taht well paid as it might look like.

dueling just lets you spent energy fast
for eg when my morality in dueling hits 60% i go and... pick agaves dude.thats 25%/40%
and i dont complain.

all classes are balanced quite well

builder - 1. advances fast in lvls (dont whine about 10xp everyone makes sacrifices. think how hard for duelersrs is donating) 2. in longer run thei are well built to compete with lower lvl duelrs and arent picked by higher lvled 3. they make good money and after town is maxed, can turn to a money making fighting machine after rearanging skills

adventurer - advances in lvls fater than builders which gets them 5-8lvl advantage from the duelers (15-20 spare skillpoints), also makes better money which means better gear faster. also can do most jobs

dueler/soldier - worst money making class in the game, lvls also the slowest, cant do majority of quest, and have just limited acces to jobs. despite that have some bonuses which helps them in getting xp fast(if lucky)

so dont complain.
if you wanted to do a solo town building its your problem. i visited 5 towns and 25% population were builders

DeletedUser

It makes no sense to implement changes on only new worlds. This is one game, not 5, and the devs should not have to maintain separate programming from one world to the next.

The complaints about people's character builds being invalidated are wrong, because Cons is still the most relevant skill. So the only complaint left is that building will be harder / slower. And there are plenty of people who want it slowed down, for the balance of the game.

I really don't think that this is a big deal. Nothing can be done about the fact that on the older worlds some people had it easier, but why should anyone care about that? Some people maxed out their hotels before they got harder too. So lucky them, but how does that impinge on anyone else's game?

With the last update, I lost jobs but with a little switching around I've just powered through levels 35 & 36 anyway. Just play, I reckon. Rethink your strategies and adjust if you need to.

I think you miss the whole picture. The problem is that this is a game we all started and we played following some rules. And now those changed. Some take advantage, and i see no leveling in that. More changes affected the builders and you say it's "leveling". Leveling what? Towns maxed will not care on this, but small towns will. You see a leveling here? I don't, i see they max the gap in the game. As i said, it's only because they want it 2 last longer, not to be more fair or something.

DeletedUser

Really? and what about progress making building easier? It would seem a better choice would have been to make building more expensive but more of a gain. That is realistic, as you advance levels it costs more per hour but you would get more done for the hour spent working.

DeletedUser

yes best way to overcome your anger is to see others suffer.
its hard to be a dueler since you make money by doing jobs. yes you read corectly - doing jobs. and not taht well paid as it might look like.

dueling just lets you spent energy fast
for eg when my morality in dueling hits 60% i go and... pick agaves dude.thats 25%/40%
and i dont complain.

all classes are balanced quite well

builder - 1. advances fast in lvls (dont whine about 10xp everyone makes sacrifices. think how hard for duelersrs is donating) 2. in longer run thei are well built to compete with lower lvl duelrs and arent picked by higher lvled 3. they make good money and after town is maxed, can turn to a money making fighting machine after rearanging skills

adventurer - advances in lvls fater than builders which gets them 5-8lvl advantage from the duelers (15-20 spare skillpoints), also makes better money which means better gear faster. also can do most jobs

dueler/soldier - worst money making class in the game, lvls also the slowest, cant do majority of quest, and have just limited acces to jobs. despite that have some bonuses which helps them in getting xp fast(if lucky)

so dont complain.
if you wanted to do a solo town building its your problem. i visited 5 towns and 25% population were builders

Now, did someone make you choose dueler? No, you did alone, and you wanted it because of the rules back then. Now it's not fair to want the rules changed because you feel you want more, since it was your call to chose that. You don't sign a contract, then want the rules changed because you don't like the contract.
Ok, you want the rules changed, and i see your point. I even accept it is a must to. But then, others get punished. You don't get rules changed to help you, you want rules changed to make it hard on others? That's very bad attitude.

DeletedUser

im pretty sure everything is ok with my attitude.

builders ARENT suffering from this update. towns ARE
thats the point.

DeletedUser

Picking agaves? What are you complaining about? I'm a level 31 adventurer and I'm 69 points from picking agaves? I can't think of a job I qualify for that is close to same as that as far as $/exp goes.

DeletedUser

im pretty sure everything is ok with my attitude.

builders ARENT suffering from this update. towns ARE
thats the point.

As building will be difficult, builders will be less efficient, and will need to rearrange their skills. Massively. How? With cash. And guess if they'll buy new stuff.
Towns will? Yes, more as they are smaller.
Leveling? No, more discrepancies, more gaps.
Update? It's a downgrade!

DeletedUser

I think you miss the whole picture. The problem is that this is a game we all started and we played following some rules. And now those changed. Some take advantage, and i see no leveling in that. More changes affected the builders and you say it's "leveling". Leveling what? Towns maxed will not care on this, but small towns will. You see a leveling here? I don't, i see they max the gap in the game. As i said, it's only because they want it 2 last longer, not to be more fair or something.

Well, firstly - I never used the word "leveling" at all so why on earth did you quote me?

Anyone who wants "levelling" must want everyone who did exceptionally with how the game was when it started just wiped off the map. And that is ridiculous. There is also an easy solution for people who cry unfair - Go play on a brand new world and lose all the advantages that you gained prior to this update coming. That would be "levelling".

No, maxed towns won't care. And playing on 3 worlds in towns in various stages, I don't care either. As I said earlier, on world 3 I do a significant amount of the building in my town, and I'm going to "lose out" with this update. But it isn't like this game is just about competing between whose town is the "best". So what does it matter?

And I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but really... Suck it up.

And get over the fact that some people might have had a bigger piece of the pie than you. That's just petty.

DeletedUser

violette, really, don't be that tough.
Let me tell you a little "why". I do pay premium. I pay it. So, your idea "leave if you don't like" means you are telling me to throw away the money i payed. And i did worked for those money, so i think there should be a more nicer attitude when it comes to the money. mine or others. Or the time me and others wasted here in this game.
Now, again you don't give a nice logical reason, you just say "go play on a brand new world and lose all the advantages" (hope i quoted you well now). Can't say more than it's a really illogical idea. So, we all should just shut up, not post anything, and start worshiping the developers just to please you? I am sure you can come out with a more reasonable idea.
"And get over the fact that some people might have had a bigger piece of the pie than you. That's just petty." See, that kind of idea is the one that doesn't look good. You assume people do think like you. And maybe, just maybe, they don't. Perhaps for some is a competition, for some is not. But you know, i bet for duelers it's a competition - they fight to win, not to lose - and for adventurers, soldiers, builders, it is too as they do quests and earn money to evolve.
Might be competition for many, or maybe just fun, but surely there is no fun in having the rules changed over and over again, just for the game to last longer. We start playing poker and we are now playing darts. Soon, perhaps we'll have the game transforming into a nice check game.
And i am sure some people will complain, against your sweet and respectful offer to "suck it up"

DeletedUser

why will people still need to re-do all their skills when construction still has an advantage over the rest?

One Armed Ninja

It's a shame they again chosen to make a new upgrade without first discussing this with the players, instead they announced and made a forum about it afterward. Now we are discussing about a dead man's guilt and no relatives gives a damn.

They didn't make this topic, I did after reading the announcement and Morthy linked to it afterwards...

DeletedUser

why will people still need to re-do all their skills when construction still has an advantage over the rest?
well. let me explain why. It's simple math really!
Now, you are an young builder, have just 80 points in construction (for a pure builder that is a lvl 20 with all points on construction only. 10 on strength and the skill points put on construction). Summing up to let's say 240 labor points. And now you'll lose 80 points, and gain 10 from stamina. So you'll have 170 labor.

So, the building you can do with lvl 10 townhall and working on gunsmith lvl 12 will bring you to 170 - 150 = 20 labor points. Before that, you had 90. 4 times more, far more points.
Anyway you put it, pure builders will lose 70 points in building, and some will become useless for the town. Those 70 labor points will mean (in the new update with 2 construction in computing building) like they have 35 less points in construction. 35 points mean 9 levels for pure builders. Practically, you will downgrade them with 9 levels. can't say more: 9 levels!

If the pure builder is higher rank, he'll lose (1*attribute + 3*skills) from the construction skill and gain 1*attribute from stamina. So, he'll lose all skill points he put for each level. So if he's level 40, he'll lose 120 labor points (compute it faster: he's got 40*4 = 160 points in construction, so 480 on 3 times construction; with the new update he'll have 320 on 2 times construction and 40 on stamina, so only 360 points). Those 120 labor points means he'll have 2 gain 60 points in construction to gain up, and that is 15 levels for him. 15!

One Armed Ninja

fbi, they wont need to change any skills whatsoever, the main influence on construstion will still be construction

And thanks for the compliment

DeletedUser

fbi, they wont need to change any skills whatsoever, the main influence on construstion will still be construction

And thanks for the compliment

yes. they will "only" lose lots of levels (9 for lvl 20 pure builder, 15 for lvl 40)

DeletedUser

I think the change makes sense, however I do think it's unfair to take effect on all worlds. On the older worlds this simply puts towns further ahead that much harder to compete with, especially if they're already maxxed out. I wish serious changes like this were only implemented on newer worlds so people actually have a chance to cope with them...

One Armed Ninja

yes. they will "only" lose 9 levels of upgrading...

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Just remembered seeing this:

I am not posting this because of the percieved slowing-down of town building. My town (Midian) is one of the fantasically rare ones that actually has it's Shop levels match it's Goods level. What's the secret to perfect town growth? I'm not saying.

That made me laugh...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

well. let me explain why. It's simple math really!
Now, you are an young builder, have just 80 points in construction (for a pure builder that is a lvl 20 with all points on construction only. 10 on strength and the skill points put on construction). Summing up to let's say 240 labor points. And now you'll lose 80 points, and gain 10 from stamina. So you'll have 170 labor.

So, the building you can do with lvl 10 townhall and working on gunsmith lvl 12 will bring you to 170 - 150 = 20 labor points. Before that, you had 90. 4 times more, far more points.
Anyway you put it, pure builders will lose 70 points in building, and some will become useless for the town. Those 70 labor points will mean (in the new update with 2 construction in computing building) like they have 35 less points in construction. 35 points mean 9 levels for pure builders. Practically, you will downgrade them with 9 levels. can't say more: 9 levels!

If the pure builder is higher rank, he'll lose (1*attribute + 3*skills) from the construction skill and gain 1*attribute from stamina. So, he'll lose all skill points he put for each level. So if he's level 40, he'll lose 120 labor points (compute it faster: he's got 40*4 = 160 points in construction, so 480 on 3 times construction; with the new update he'll have 320 on 2 times construction and 40 on stamina, so only 360 points). Those 120 labor points means he'll have 2 gain 60 points in construction to gain up, and that is 15 levels for him. 15!

While I appreciate you explaining simple math to me, it wasn't the question I asked. I asked why people were demanding 33% of their skills back, because they put it all in construction, even though it is still best in construction.

What I do not appreciate is being patronized. Now I know you do not like me but that does not mean you have to be sarcy / patronizing to me in every post.

Status
Not open for further replies.