Incoming Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hallo developers.

I have created my character with the aim to be a builder first and foremost. If you f#ucked up and created an environment where towns are maxed out too fast, no problem, but then why not let motivation go down faster? Or make the building of upgrades more expensive, or raise the points per building to build no the next level more.... in stead of f#cking with my chosen abilities?

You are the ones that said if you want to accomplish Z, then take the skill that allows you to get to Z. So I did that...only to have the rules changed on me now. This means I can expect a skill-point return as you effectively cheated me out of what you said I will be able to do, right?. Then make a concession that says all builder class players will have 30% of their construction skill points returned and they can apply those points in any area outside of the areas needed for building. Fair is fair.

It's like taking the player that focussed on defensive duelling exclusively and then swapping dodging with hiding after they all pumped points into dodging.

But then again....
Posting here to address the devs is rather pointless as our "staff" is shooting blanks when it comes to influencing dev decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I enjoy beating people who have better equipment than me, in the whole of the top 30 duelists of world one im from the smallest town.

That's all well and good, but not everyone has the skillset and/or luck (or both) you have. I've done it a few times, but usually I'm caught out on a job where I'm wearing clothes to maximize my skills for the jobs I'm doing. When I'm wearing my dueling clothes, I do well in the duels, but wearing them doesn't help me with jobs I need to do for quests, or the higher paying jobs I need to make the money to build. And I'm one of the higher levels in my town. Not everyone has multiple clothing sets. The only reason I'm able to afford it is because of premium accounts.

So, to survive with these changes, we have to buy premium accounts to stay competitive with the people who exploited the system and can now just kick back and take other people's money? That's not very fair. Or very fun.

DeletedUser

You think??????

3 construction to build is a bit much, I always thought. It balances because at the moment I think towns can be maxed too soon.

When started this game it was to hard in the start!But now when i have become lvl 27,and a sucsesfull builder,i am enjoying this game soo much!But since the update is gonna come i am gonna luse all my building points and would need to turn to jobs......That makes me angry!:mad:

I think we should vote about the update!Vote Vote Vote!:mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser

He is right!

Hallo developers.

I have created my character with the aim to be a builder first and foremost. If you f#ucked up and created an environment where towns are maxed out too fast, no problem, but then why not let motivation go down faster? Or make the building of upgrades more expensive, or raise the points per building to build no the next level more.... in stead of f#cking with my chosen abilities?

You are the ones that said if you want to accomplish Z, then take the skill that allows you to get to Z. So I did that...only to have the rules changed on me now. This means I can expect a skill-point return as you effectively cheated me out of what you said I will be able to do, right?. Then make a concession that says all builder class players will have 30% of their construction skill points returned and they can apply those points in any area outside of the areas needed for building. Fair is fair.

It's like taking the player that focussed on defensive duelling exclusively and then swapping dodging with hiding after they all pumped points into dodging.

But then again....
Posting here to address the devs is rather pointless as our "staff" is shooting blanks when it comes to influencing dev decisions.

GoGo!He is right!You are ****ing up my cahrter and choosen skills to!:dry:

DeletedUser363

Can someone please explain to me how this update will mess up people's skills and characters and also why they want their skill points back. Construction is still going to be the main part of building so there would be no point in putting skills in stamina so I see no point in the argument that people want their skill points back.

DeletedUser

Yeah this nerfs my construction a little, but I don't think its a big deal. Towns were getting built too fast (as I am a builder for what was the forest empire on w4 and always in the top 5 in construction), but I would still put my points there as it helps out on other things as well. I love the jobs a builder gets to do...railroad stations, windmills, ranch house, and now firefighter and building a fort....oh and iron mining and drilling for oil. This doesn't change how I would allocate points at all. It just slows down the building. I do think however that it should probably only be applied to new worlds. I don't care either way, but for someone with an up and coming town, I can see where this would be irritating.

DeletedUser

I want an update where you need materials like wood and nails to build all this growings is going too fast

DeletedUser

Then they would need trade or at least somewhere where members can deposit nails and wood for building, and then there would not be a need for money for building.

DeletedUser

When are they going to implement a change so that a dueler that attacks a "non-dueler" class is at a 25% disadvantage? Yeah let's punish the people that build the game! this makes no sense to me at all. The last update just took away jobs from my character and this one is punishing the people that in reality were "the backbone" of the west. If I ever create another player I will become a dueler and prey on the weak because that is where the real advantage is..........

DeletedUser

I'd be happy to see a rule where only duelers and soldiers can duel, since they obviously want to duel by picking those classes. Workers choose their class because they want to build a town up.

Most people of the real west didn't get into fights all the time. Most lived quiet lives without ever seeing a gunfight, let alone participating in one.

DeletedUser363

When are they going to implement a change so that a dueler that attacks a "non-dueler" class is at a 25% disadvantage?.

Hopefully never. Some of you guys don't know how hard it is to be a dueler.

DeletedUser

it's a really bad and stupid idea. spent $1000's on putting all points on construction and i am now rank 100 in world 1 and i'm just about to get it cut and 25% of my points will be gone. My town will grow slower (it's at 10000 points) which in my opinion there should be still just 3 points on construction. why did they change it.

DeletedUser363

I personally attack builders only if they give me over 80exp. And why are builders unarmed? It's not that hard to upgrade a tactics skill point once in a while.

One Armed Ninja

Try being a dueler, it is bloody hard.

Getting money is s*&^ difficult as no-one with sense carries any, and 2 skills primary for any dueler aren't used in ANY jobs. Wow we really have it easy.

Those who "prey" on builders are the ones who are low levels and just starting out dueling, as everyone has to start somewhere. Before long these builders will become out of reach of the duelers that so attacked them.

And when have you ever known anyone to be unarmed?
The only time that happens is when they take the weapon off of themselves, builders can fight just as well as anyone

DeletedUser

what about trappers when u going to nerf them?

hunting bears, wolves, coyotes, stealing horses all these jobs can yield high profit like 200$ or 200 exp + per 2 hours compared to what little we get as builders

its true we have ranch house, windmills and like trainstations, but comparable it doesnt make up for having to spend countless hours building our towns, if anything raise theh amount of construction points, dont lower our lp

DeletedUser

what about trappers when u going to nerf them?

hunting bears, wolves, coyotes, stealing horses all these jobs can yield high profit like 200$ or 200 exp + per 2 hours compared to what little we get as builders

its true we have ranch house, windmills and like trainstations, but comparable it doesnt make up for having to spend countless hours building our towns, if anything raise theh amount of construction points, dont lower our lp

We got it on the last upgrade when the level for many jobs raised them out of my reach and I'm almost back to being able to do them although it took me a gain of about 5-7 levels to do so and I had to buy specialized clothing to help me. I agree with you as to just raising the construction point level.

DeletedUser

this wont level the playing field it will just setback all those smaller towns with limited funding and half decent players

and mule ur right trappers did have to gain a few lvls but they also increase the profit, this is just straight diminishing the joy for builders, when we build a town up we spend many hours getting horrendous exp like 10 exp for 2 hours work on the smaller lvls, we dont grumble ask for more exp and now this, we havent even been given new items, more selection for building we still dont have another shoes option

etc

its a travesty is what it is

so i will restate my opinion, level the playing field sure, but do it on new worlds only, or it will just continue to create a lopsided playing field in worlds which towns are already completed

DeletedUser

Greatest I'm not arguing with you- I think it is a stupid stupid idea to punish the builders and for that matter once a world has been running to go and change all the requirements for jobs that put them out of reach. What good is planning and creating a character only to find out that the rules change halfway through? This makes as much sense as starting out playing a baseball game and in the 7th inning changing to basketball ! On another note the quest I'm trying to finish is $300 for 24 pieces of wood although earlier I got paid $350 for 12 pieces of wood? This wouldn't be bad if the higher luck jobs to get wood I could do but I'm at least 50-80 points away from them. Builder's have it hard enough why not rein in the duelers a little bit so they can't run around bullying non-dueler players?

DeletedUser

I propose that, if you build, you get 50% chance to pass out. And to loose money in the bank. And lose some levels. And items. In fact, if you build, you're doomed in all the way possible. Why? Because you deserve to be punished so the game lasts longer.

If you still wonder why these changes, all slowing down people and development and none bringing something really new and interesting, the answer might shock you. But it's because they ran out of ideas and the game is getting boring. So, they shoot everyone in the leg to make them slower. No, i correct. They shoot everyone AGAIN in the leg. As they did it once with the hotel being twice as hard to build, then with the jobs moved around and changed difficulties (99% being much harder to do). And now the bullet goes again in the builders. Nice and clear shot!

It's a shame they again chosen to make a new upgrade without first discussing this with the players, instead they announced and made a forum about it afterward. Now we are discussing about a dead man's guilt and no relatives gives a damn.

More, they chosen again to implement the new "update" (better called "downgrade") on all running worlds, giving again advantage to some of the players. Someone accused them of helping some interested players. I am not, i will say that they really don't care about the impact on the players, they only care about having more time till the game dies.

As i see, soon there will be a lot of new rules meant only and only 2 slow us even more, not making the game more interesting, but only making the agony longer. Unless the developers start to develop interesting new stuff, the west will have soon a stroke and will enter coma without any sign of brain activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.