Duelling changes - The West Beta!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser22685

Hm, some good, some bad, IMO. Love the extended period, still think 48 should be minimum. Don't understand the reduced cost, like the increased motivation nd decay rate

The 24 hour minimum is what makes it a compromise. Non-duellers can remain under KO protection for an extra 24 hours, and in return a dueller only has to go without duelling for one day rather than two. People like me would've been mad if the protection had been raised to 72 and nothing else changed, whereas this way both parties are happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1693871

This looks like a reasonable compromise that has taken various feedback into consideration. :)

DeletedUser29831

Same energy cost to self-KO as 15s job.

Ah, of course. :p

Well, I can live with that.
Still think the numbers should be 48/72, just to give those putting up bounties the satisfaction knowing their target would be out of the picture for 48 hours. But I can't get everything my way.
Another fun point is you will never know when your last KO will be available again.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser36559

These new changes look like a good balance and compromise for both duelers and non-duellers, looks good to me :)

DeletedUser36011

I'm very much not in favour of the 24/48/72. Would rather it stay at 48 that that option because the KO thing is simple, but if you want a dueler to stop harassing you and you don't want to be on KO it kinda allows the dueler to bother you faster if you do manage to find a solution to their pester. Think along the lines, of duelers bullying duelers

DeletedUser26820

Just a note from the beta forums regarding this change.

Please excuse the slight delay to the update. We have made the following additional changes:

* Duel protection will be extended to seventy two hours.

* If you are knocked out in a duel, other players will not be able to challenge you for 72 hours instead of 48 hours.

* Duel protection will be cancellable after twenty four hours by challenging another player at a reduced cost.

* Once the first 24 hours of your duel protection has elapsed, targets will reappear in the duel menu and be available to challenge. Challenging a target costs only 1 energy point instead of 12 and cancels your duel protection immediately, allowing other players to duel you in return.

* Furthermore, we have increased the minimum PvP duelling motivation and duelling experience rate of decay from 1% to 3%.

Watch this space for a release announcement!

This compromise on dueler protection is brilliant and kudos to whoever came up with it.

If you don't want to duel and/or be dueled, you've been given an extra 24 hours of protection relative to now.
If you want to duel and/or be dueled but have been ko'ed, you can essentially get back to work 24 hours sooner.

That's brilliant.

DeletedUser

I'm very much not in favour of the 24/48/72. Would rather it stay at 48 that that option because the KO thing is simple, but if you want a dueler to stop harassing you and you don't want to be on KO it kinda allows the dueler to bother you faster if you do manage to find a solution to their pester. Think along the lines, of duelers bullying duelers

I suppose the dueller being bullied would have a choice between losing his protection at 24 hours when trying to bully workers or stay put till 72 hours like other workers and safe from the dueller targeting him.

A difficult choice if he's like the most duellers targeting players against he has reasonable assurance he'd win. But its a fair tradeoff. He can use that time to ponder over the bullying of workers :p

DeletedUser36011

I suppose the dueller being bullied would have a choice between losing his protection at 24 hours when trying to bully workers or stay put till 72 hours like other workers and safe from the dueller targeting him.

A difficult choice if he's like the most duellers targeting players against he has reasonable assurance he'd win. But its a fair tradeoff. He can use that time to ponder over the bullying of workers :p

You sorta missed the point. I understand yours in the sense of choices etc

Dueler A is strong, has almost no chance of losing against dueler B. Dueler A is repetedly hitting Dueler B every time he can, sometimes 10 times a day. Dueler B and some friends, they finally manage to knockout Dueler A albeit after several months of effort the guy is back in 24h. Seems like no reward for alot of effort ;)

I only say this because I have been Dueler A(without getting knocked out:p) and have bullied duelers into submission just because they are duelers and they've simply lost a will to duel or walked away.

DeletedUser

Thanks to the tombola Winner sets, there will always be a player who is stronger than others, but as a percentage the tombola winners are minuscule. Admittedly they do have an advantage but the game is designed keeping in view the larger population.

Duels are a big part of the game and unavoidable. My personal advice to the dueler being bullied would be to avoid duels he cannot win. Ducking in Hotel is one of effective ways which is made more successful if followed by a taunting PM :p

Deleted User - 1693871

Tombola winner sets may be miniscule, but there are other high powered duelling weapons. When you add in buying of skill and attribute points, which some dedicated and deep-pocketed duellers do on a large scale, the scene is set for some quite extensive bullying even of good duelling builds without those advantages. Not surprising if some then walk away from duelling as PtyLtd mentions.

DeletedUser36559

* Furthermore, we have increased the minimum PvP duelling motivation and duelling experience rate of decay from 1% to 3%.

All the new changes are good apart from this one, 3%? Again it will take a long time for them to move out of the range of non-duelers who keep getting it. The feedback has been saying 10%, 20% and even 50% but looks like they don't want to get rid of this style of gameplay.

Ripwise

All the new changes are good apart from this one, 3%? Again it will take a long time for them to move out of the range of non-duelers who keep getting it. The feedback has been saying 10%, 20% and even 50% but looks like they don't want to get rid of this style of gameplay.

It is still a move in the right direction and this is still tested in Beta so until final release on .net things might change.

Stay tuned :)

DeletedUser22685

I can live with 3%. A gradual change is better than none at all, anything too drastic and we might have the current group of 0 mots reacting similarly to the job KOers at the beginning of this thread.

DeletedUser34295

I can live with 3%. A gradual change is better than none at all, anything too drastic and we might have the current group of 0 mots reacting similarly to the job KOers at the beginning of this thread.

What would be so wrong with that? The job KOers didn't get their job KO back because they reacted as such, so why should we pet around with the 0 mot duellers? Now that's something I don't understand.

Diggo11

What would be so wrong with that? The job KOers didn't get their job KO back because they reacted as such, so why should we pet around with the 0 mot duellers? Now that's something I don't understand.
No, but there were substantial changes made to accommodate them.

DeletedUser

The bigger hit to zero mot dueling happened a few months ago when they separated player duel motivation and NPC duel motivation. There was a lot of complaining then and I know of a few zero mot duelers who seemed to go on permanent vacation mode after that. This was definitely a change that needed to be made.

Increasing the minimum duel motivation to 3% just adds to the effect of that previous change. Plus it is only in the beta stage at this point and I'm sure it is subject to adjustment if the developers don't feel it is working out as they expect.

The big benefit I like of the new system as it allows a player who is not dueling to have their duel level fall, so you are not permanently penalized with an increased duel level from winning a few dozen defensive duels.

DeletedUser22685

Job KOers got the duel protection system changed on a fundamental level, which was definitely not planned in the original update :razz:

Aside from that, even a small increase from 1% to 3% works in the favour of non-duellers. If any of them can still find reasons to complain, they need to pay a visit to Whiners Anonymous.