The New Job System

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser35143

Idk whether I'm right, but I don't see the total labor points I add towards a certain job. How would we get to know how many LP we add in some specific situations like looking for the 3rd key(where we need to add 730+ LP) either In GR or TM, or The Myth Quest, where we need to add 200+ LP towards White Water Transport?

You can hover over the bar between the pickaxes that show the progress towards the next pickaxe. Hovering over the bar will show the total amount of LP you have in this job.

DeletedUser22685

You can hover over the bar between the pickaxes that show the progress towards the next pickaxe. Hovering over the bar will show the total amount of LP you have in this job.

That shows the total amount of SP you have in the skills required for that job, without taking into account the job difficulty (which seems to still have an effect). In order to have the equivalent luck range in 2.04 to what you have in 2.03, you still need the same amount of LP above the initial difficulty, despite the fact that you can now do the job even without a single LP in its required skills if you're above its level. So if you're trying to get 730 LP in grave robber in 2.04, I assume you're still going to need 730 + 265 = 995 SP in its skills, which is the number that shows when you hover over the bar in the manner you've suggested.

For Key 3 though, 730 LP is not the required LP despite the common misconception. It's been found with less than 730 LP, that was just given as a rough guideline to be sure and now players think it is the actual requirement. I'd say it's more likely that the $7,200+ luck range is the requirement for the Key, so I'd just keep aiming for that in 2.04 and ignore the LP altogether.

The 200+ LP in White water transport is a bit more difficult to judge. I'd still say it's more likely that the 200 LP is on top of the job difficulty (I'd go so far as to say it HAS to be, you would be able to get 200 SP in its skills when you meet the level requirement while someone below its level with that many SP won't even have enough LP to be able to do the job. I realise White water transport has a lower level requirement than the quest that requires it, but that isn't something that would be taken into account), so I'd still base it off the pop-up when hovering over the job icon like I said rather than the pop-up when hovering over the pickaxes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

Some more changes have been made to the job system before the release. Please check the first post of this thread for the updated information.

Harsha..

The information is quite comprehensive, I don't have any doubts on how the system works.

This new system seems to lean on to more activity, you've got to be around to line up jobs, log on more frequently, etc. I'd say it will work out well for the modern player-base. I also like the way the quests are now open to everyone - this is quite a good update, i hope the job system will stay that way

There is one job inno has missed out - construction (of town buildings), the page remains the same :p - maybe we should keep it that way, to remind our children how "things were" :D

DeletedUser22685

This new system seems to lean on to more activity, you've got to be around to line up jobs, log on more frequently, etc. I'd say it will work out well for the modern player-base. I also like the way the quests are now open to everyone - this is quite a good update, i hope the job system will stay that way

While I agree that this update is the best one in a long time, I really do not see your logic here. In 2.0 and 2.03 you were forced to do jobs of a fixed time, often 5 minutes and below. You can now queue 1 hour jobs and leave the computer, just like you always could since the game began in 2008 until 2.0.

DeletedUser

In a one-hour job of traveling merchant, I found a hammer, sickle, uncut ruby and grey army pants. Interesting.

Harsha..

While I agree that this update is the best one in a long time, I really do not see your logic here. In 2.0 and 2.03 you were forced to do jobs of a fixed time, often 5 minutes and below. You can now queue 1 hour jobs and leave the computer, just like you always could since the game began in 2008 until 2.0.

things have reversed themselves, futu - firstly, why do we do jobs? - for $/XP OR products. After 2.0, the small jobs - product collecting ones like granite mining have small time spans, the big-shot jobs - Marshal, for instance can be set only in 2 hour intervals.

But, now

The 15 second job is always the worthiest job to do if you are trying to get experience and money quickly, it costs more energy though.
So, traditional work, for money or xp requires you to be more active, while product collecting is simpler (because the drop rate is higher for longer time intervals)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It doesn't show the product drop rate % anymore. How do I figure which job is better for the same product? E.g. wood has 3 jobs, spade has 2 jobs. (can't think of any others but you get the point)

DeletedUser

So... now it's much better(for exp) to do a circuit between your 4 best jobs with 15s?

Like, every 15s job takes off 2% of motivation, and the amount of exp you get only falls every 25%. So you can do a 100% motivation job 13 times before it gets to 74% and get maximum exp.

Since every 15s job takes 2 energy, you need to do 50 jobs to deplete 100 energy, which means you do your best 3 jobs 13 times, and your 4th best job 11 times(not counting any energy you gain in that time, but this would be roughly right, maybe you'd go for a 5th best job or just use your best one at 74% to finish energy off).

That would take 50x15s = 12min30s working plus travel time. If you look for it you can find your top 4 jobs close enough together that the whole thing won't take more than 20-30min.

For me, my best jobs range from 80-90xp per 15s, so let's say 80. That means 4000xp every 8h 30min cycle, which is like 10k~ish exp per day. Not sure motivation regens fast enough to keep that up but nothing that a few cigarretes(probably 1 will do, which is like $600 on my server) won't solve.

Exp can be gained so much faster now... compared to 5x2h jobs at 570~exp and then sleep for 8h which was what I was doing, that is only 2850~ exp every 18h cycle. Not even church can compare, at 600-1200 exp per 1h, so 900 exp average, 3600exp every 12h cycle.

DeletedUser

Ok new question. So now we can change out clothing more easily after queuing jobs. I notice hovering on the queued jobs no longer show the LP so is the LP affected by changing clothing now? E.g. queue a tough job, then put on dueling clothes or speed clothes.

DeletedUser34343

It´s the same thing... even that there is a helping hand on the Travelling merchant... the 5 gold pickaxe opens when you get 1 more point than the minimal value to drop the key.

And grave robber is back on the table to drop the key... since that one was a massive headache since the 2.0 arrived... even that you need to take care with the motivation.
2.04 gets a big bite on the motivation on the 2h jobs, compared with the 2.03

So you need 5 golden pickaxes to have a third key drop? I had +900LP in old system, I think, but only 4 golden pickaxes now. Does that mean I have to reskill further?

Edit: Not sure it was 900+ actually, but well above 730+ LP
Edit2: And my luck is $8123 now in new system.

DeletedUser22685

Ok new question. So now we can change out clothing more easily after queuing jobs. I notice hovering on the queued jobs no longer show the LP so is the LP affected by changing clothing now? E.g. queue a tough job, then put on dueling clothes or speed clothes.

This should still work as it always has as far as I know, i.e. LP are locked in when you queue the job, but I haven't tested in the new system yet.

So you need 5 golden pickaxes to have a third key drop? I had +900LP in old system, I think, but only 4 golden pickaxes now. Does that mean I have to reskill further?

Edit: Not sure it was 900+ actually, but well above 730+ LP
Edit2: And my luck is $8123 now in new system.

I'm not sure what killado meant by that. Your luck range will be exactly as it was before for jobs you could do before the update.

DeletedUser30224

For me, my best jobs range from 80-90xp per 15s, so let's say 80. That means 4000xp every 8h 30min cycle, which is like 10k~ish exp per day. Not sure motivation regens fast enough to keep that up but nothing that a few cigarretes(probably 1 will do, which is like $600 on my server) won't solve.
Like your math, homework well done. The fact is that this is all available to anyone. So no exploits there. It only means that new players will enjoy the game better, the game become more active in this regard, lvl-ing up faster, ability do do all quests much much more faster as long as you lvl up fast enough to unlock the jobs, what's not to like. I only see it as a positive change. You have 1h jobs which are very good for product drop rate, thus crafting is sped up as well, fort building and so on. The only question remains if the economics of the game will be affected in any negative way.

DeletedUser34343

I'm not sure what killado meant by that. Your luck range will be exactly as it was before for jobs you could do before the update.[/QUOTE]

So even with only 4 golden pickaxes you think I have a chance for the third key with $8123 luck?

Ripwise

I'm not sure what killado meant by that. Your luck range will be exactly as it was before for jobs you could do before the update.

So even with only 4 golden pickaxes you think I have a chance for the third key with $8123 luck?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is correct. You should find the third key without any problems.

DeletedUser22685

futurama1001 said:

So even with only 4 golden pickaxes you think I have a chance for the third key with $8123 luck?

Pickaxes don't make a difference. If your luck range is over $8100, you'll have more than enough LP.