Church of The Onion

Diggo11

I haven't eaten a raw onion today, but I ate some cheese & onion crisps (or chips to my American brothers). My brothers, is that sacrilege? Is the teaching of the Onion dilated by cheese and potato crisps?
Although the raw layers of the Onion's earthly counterparts are blessings to one's taste buds, the Onion does not demand they be enjoyed alone. As the wise St Elmyr hath preached:
Remember: onion is good, but French onion soup is nothing without croutons and Gruyère.

DeletedUser

Thank you, my day has been forfilled. Tonight I shall feast on raw Onion in celebration of my new faith, and tomorrow I shall feast with many many onions, some raw, some in sandwiches, and some in crisps. The Onion shall be in my heart, soul, mind and belly.

DeletedUser8950

Thank you, my day has been forfilled. Tonight I shall feast on raw Onion in celebration of my new faith, and tomorrow I shall feast with many many onions, some raw, some in sandwiches, and some in crisps. The Onion shall be in my heart, soul, mind and belly.
It touches me to see the Onions layers reach people so.

DeletedUser

Onion will always prevail over Spam. Spam only has a temporary following, for soon it's 'followers' grow sick of it's taste and turn to the almighty Onion.

DeletedUser8950

Precisely, brother tigermite. The Onion need not discredit them, for they do so themselves with their baseless philosophy. Only the Onion can provide true enlightenment and a delicious meal. Have you ever tasted spam before?

Apelatia

... heresy I say :p

Master jonduan and I seem to think the same on this matter... I say this is some evil trick that Elmyr has come up with!

DeletedUser8950

The Onion is no trick of Elmyr, though he is one of the first and most loyal followers of the richly-layered path the onion offers.

btw that's Saint Elmyr to ye, heathen!

DeletedUser35174

Brother Apelatia speaks the truth.

And no follower of the onion is a saint to us.

DeletedUser8950

The Onion's many layers contain far more depth and flavour then any plastic slice of spam. If meat comes from a tin, you knows it's not going to be edible.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
The onions properties have been mentioned in many ancient Greek and Hindu texts.

Shivaji, the fearsome Maratha warrior who took on the might of the Mughals, was reputed to eat a lean diet of unleavened bread with raw onions, as opposed to the effete Mughals, who gorged on twice-cooked onion dishes.

DeletedUser

All the mightiness of the onion won't cure my hangover. So yeah there is a flaw in your utopia.

Last edited by a moderator: