West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser34729

i just noticed in the achievement "jack of all trades", the one you had to make 2500 actions in the game to complete it pre-patch, now requires 25000 actions.

i almost had this achivement done before the patch, but now im at 9% completion?

supposed to happen? or just another thing they :rolleyes: up?

DeletedUser34969

I don't know if this been talked about before because I didn't read any of the previous posts.

I don't like the jobs times. I'm in the middle of the quest and I don't know how long I have to do a job in order to satisfy the quest.

Example. The quest says a certain job requires 0/24. 24 what? 24 hours, 24 minutes, what?

Then I get to the job and it will only let me do it for 5 minutes! Thats crazy. Why can't I do a job for 2 hours any more. I don't have time to log in every 20 minutes.

I like setting up as many hours as I can and then come back is 6 hours and do it again. Fix these job times because i want and need to do a job for 2 hours. If I'm not doing a quest then I like to set the max number of hours to do jobs to get money and drops. You can't do that with this job times system.

Everything looks nice but this job times is a big one for me. I've been in this game a long time, for years, and I will probably quit.

Btw. I'm not a noobie, I just have never used the forum until now. I'm maxed at level 120 and have been in this game from the start. Sorry but thats the way it is. Thanks.

Ok, so I did the job 12 times which should be 1 hour according to my watch. I go back to the quest giver to check if the (0/24) thing had changed. It didn't!

If that 24 indicates that I have to do the job 24 times then how come the indicator didn't say (12/24) If the 24 indicates 24 hours and I did it for an hour how come it doesn't say 1/24.

Actually, now that I think about it, I only did the job 10 times because I didn't feel like having to keep on logging in to get to an hour of job time.

This is bull. After all these years I quit... This being able to do a job any job for only 5 minutes is bull. :mad::mad::mad:

delldell56

i just noticed in the achievement "jack of all trades", the one you had to make 2500 actions in the game to complete it pre-patch, now requires 25000 actions.

i almost had this achivement done before the patch, but now im at 9% completion?

your own fault. you knew beforehand that v2.0 was coming sooner or later. we were (sort of) cryptically warned by da twista last friday that we needed to have all our old west stuff done before the update, and yet you wasted a whole half week not finishing your business. how can you say you didn't have time from friday to wednesday to do all? at least you can get that achievement someday, it'll "only" take you 22500 additional actions than you originally planned to :p

DeletedUser33353

I have seen it before. But in this context, it should be stuff...as in @#$%%#@$#. I will hush now before I get another infraction.

DeletedUser34970

Tried to be positive but looks like this update will kill the game. Wonder if those making this update ever really played The West??

Chat which is kind of the main thing keeping players here is totally screwed. Thanks a lot innogames will not spend a single buck on you until you fixed this complete mess...

Already on the first night numbers of players in chat is at a all time low.. Congratz!!

DeletedUser16008

Tried to be positive but looks like this update will kill the game. Wonder if those making this update ever really played The West??

Chat which is kind of the main thing keeping players here is totally screwed. Thanks a lot innogames will not spend a single buck on you until you fixed this complete mess...

Already on the first night numbers of players in chat is at a all time low.. Congratz!!

Thats partly due to the fact there is no county chat if your in a town or alliance so you cant even chat to those in county and if chat isnt opened you miss whats going on.

On top of this there is no ping if you whisper so keeping many world tabs open is pointless unless you flick back n fourth to check all the time, which people dont or wont.. its even painful flicking back n fourth in whispers.

Ive had a better conversation on skype than in game today and Ill be suggesting chatango be used as before chat came out ... certainly for battle.

If you kill the social side theres little for old hands to pop in for. Once you have everything all thats left is your friends, its not looking good we used to have good fun chatting outside a fort battle in county or post funny crits etc but you cant even do that anymore.

Oh and whats with not allowing cut n paste on some boxes etc ? its painful even attempting to write stuff out when copy paste is so simple.

Can anyone honestly say they are enjoying clicking all the time ? if I could find a bot to do it for me I would seriously be tempted its so mind numbingly boring ... and yea i know its illegal but honestly it seems this silliness will only encourage people to use them.

I wont duel with this insane xp with normal toons to get smacked by 50 real lvls higher with points to match even having the occasional duel now with send your duel lvl sky high, jobbing or questing is a total non starter, ill be damned if im clicking a few hundred times just to do a few questlines and dailys are as E has said too time consuming now just for a bond

Oh and whats with using 5 energy every time you do a 5 min job ? i use more than 24 in 1 hr only 25 mins or 5 clicks and do i get the drop rate ? do i heck .... so thats a waste of time too.Seriously having to click endlessly for an hr to get a few products isnt the same as click walk away come back in 1 hr how can they think this is an improvement ?? Its supposed to be a browser game no ?

If you play more than one world or god forbid 5 or more its a total nightmare, funny but youd think more gameworlds would mean more revenue but I doubt many will keep more than one or two worlds going its just far too much effort. Im already click fatigued

I'll not lie ive hated everything about it from the beginning way back and tried to input then like it and tried x3 on betas and gave up. I honestly thought there would be changes of some sense or listening to player feedback before rolling it out but i see nothing changed at all and if this board were more active there would be more complaints .. the % posting here is small but in game the reports and opinions are no better. Its not cos they like it its because they dont post on the forum or read it, period.

Im fed up, frustrated and moaning so. Im taking a break for the rest of the week on all but one of my toons and that one will be setting for hr + jobs only I dont have time for this kind of click monkey style ill go watch a movie instead or play something else thanks.

~If the player base isnt listened to now then i fear you can kiss this game goodbye for most by xmas, i truly believe that.

Shame cos it didnt have to be this way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the mods may not like this but there isnt anything good about it. As soon as i can figure out the messed up forums i am leaving the game i loved for over 4 years. what a horrible way to go.

to all my friends thanks for everything, to my enemies it was fun beating you and loosing to you in duels

DeletedUser30899

BRING BACK THE OLD JOB TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These 5 minute jobs make crafting a chore and not fun. I, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, really preferred setting 3 hours of jobs (6 on World 1) and logging off. Now that's not an option except for jobs that are of no use for crafting for the most part.

DeletedUser

BRING BACK THE OLD JOB TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These 5 minute jobs make crafting a chore and not fun. I, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, really preferred setting 3 hours of jobs (6 on World 1) and logging off. Now that's not an option except for jobs that are of no use for crafting for the most part.

And 90 mins of laying RR tracks for a glass of water (unless you're unlucky) isn't any better. Tonic peddlers don't need as much any more, but it still sucks.

DeletedUser

Well folks it is time to say goodby. It was an enjoyable 2 years of visiting with most of you while playing a mind numbing game. With this update, the huge changes, the lack of communications and the revamp of damn near everything we'd come to know its time to call it done.

Too many drastic changes too quickly so much so that I am not even going to try and figure it all out, its easier to say goodby and go find the next mind numbing game that has a player base that can communicate with one another.

Cya.:tumble:

Deleted User - 1278415

i almost had this achievement done before the patch, but now im at 9% completion?

What is this under can you give me the path to see if I already have it or not? I still hate that you cant search for achievements.

Bad Billy Jack

I'm so upset at 2.0 that I can't even start to explain why, nor do I even care to.

Daily repeatable tasks were what kept me playing besides fort fighting. It is like inno felt we were getting too many bonds from daily tasks, so they made it impossible. I used to hit the repeatable questgivers, pile them up & complete when necessary. Now we have to go to QG to complete or they expire. We don't even know when they expire, so we have to delete them all every day & reaccept.

I gave up on beta quickly, hoping inno would read our complaints but alas, they pushed this terrible update on us anyway.

I cannot even use all my energy any longer unless I sit at the keyboard & click away on short jobs until my hand hurts. My multiple worlds are now basically on ignore, while I try to exist on this terrible game in only one, maybe two worlds.

Don't even get me started on how you have totally destroyed chats.

It is unbelievable inno broke what was not broken & fixed none of the old problems.

Bravo

Last edited:

DeletedUser34464

I'm so upset at 2.0 that I can't even start to explain why, nor do I even care to.

Daily repeatable tasks were what kept me playing besides fort fighting. It is like inno felt we were getting too many bonds from daily tasks, so they made it impossible. I used to hit the repeatable questgivers, pile them up & complete when necessary. Now we have to go to QG to complete or they expire. We don't even know when they expire, so we have to delete them all every day & reaccept.

I gave up on beta quickly, hoping inno would read our complaints but alas, they pushed this terrible update on us anyway.

I cannot even use all my energy any longer unless I sit at the keyboard & click away on short jobs until my hand hurts. My multiple worlds are now basically on ignore, while I try to exist on this terrible game in only one, maybe two worlds.

Don't even get me started on how you have totally destroyed chats.

It is unbelievable inno broke what was not broken & fixed none of the old problems.

Bravo

It's some of these things that bother me most as I try to give this a chance. At first, I thought the task list was a good idea- until I actually tried to use it, see how it would fit into daily routine. First, unless you memorize them, you have to open each one to see which QG pays off. Now, I've been around long enough to recognize most, but how is that newbie friendly?

Another seemingly minor change- your "knock-out" clock has changed from an actual countdown to a statement "KO time:1 Day remaining" I would love LOVE LOVE a developer to come on here and explain how turning actual, usable information into a vague declaratory statement enhanced their game.

DeletedUser

Everything else, I can get used to, but not being able to schedule more than 20 minutes of work without premium? Seriously? We do have lives...

Edit: Ah, apparently that varies according to job. Still when having to do those short 5 minute jobs (for quest items, for example), it requires one to be sitting at the computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

bring back the old job times!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these 5 minute jobs make crafting a chore and not fun. I, and i'm sure i'm not alone in this, really preferred setting 3 hours of jobs (6 on world 1) and logging off. Now that's not an option except for jobs that are of no use for crafting for the most part.

+9999

DeletedUser

Great start to 2.0 already. A wasted 18 nuggets because I had just topped up energy and had a full job queue.

Where was this notice that we were supposed to get:

Deletion of tasks
And one more pre-announcement:
Because job spots, quest employees and so on will have different positions on the new map, we will have to delete all tasks in your queue once the update takes place (Jobs, duels, everything).
You will not get back the energy for jobs/duels and so on. The update will be announced as precisely as possible so that you can prepare for it.

As precisely as possible??? Or not at all!!

EDIT: I received my nuggets back so not so negative a start. Thanks for sorting it Da Twista.

I played beta for about 30 mins and thought I had enough.

This morning it took me quite a bit of time to figure out where the log off button was at. Town forums are hidden.

I would like to have had a tutorial to popup on old worlds to explain a few things that changed.

Taking a lot of time to figure out something that use to come so natural on a daily basis. This game makes me feel like I have a hangover now.

I very rarely post on the forums but i have to say something about the total up you seem to have made here and your complete disregard for your so-called loyal - existing players

.less forts

. Less counties

. ALL current quests reset

. no sound when wispered

. No county chat

. anoying collection of jobs in "groups" with the insane idea that players are willing to click every 1-5 etc minutes

. i,m not entirely sure what you are doing with town / alliance forums but you have really dropped a clanger on the that its a mess

. AND finally i have seen and heard a claim that you listened consulted , did bear in mind the views of , Existing players , plus a non listed yu tube video
which is gotta be the biggest pile of the quest apples [but not the nice kind] i have ever heard in my life

i havent heard ONE player yet who has been with you fer 4or 5 years that thinks you made a good move with this

how in the wildest dreams of a madman can you say this is an improvement ?

LISTEN to your public please , you are killing the game
shooting oneself in the foot quite literally

rant over , sort it
Originally Posted by ANDROID81
I like the way i'm exploring The west again i was getting bored with 1.36 but i'm afraid it will be the same after month or 2. For those who log in once or twice a day this is awesome. Good job developers
i guess yu must be a dev then cos we aint invented androids yet :hmf: