West 2.0 discussion

HelenBack

The people in Beta had posted numerous negative feedback that was ignored by the devs... In fact, we were told to "Get used to it". Having a major update pushed out unannounced is a major slap in the face... We only got a head's up from a game-release website that said the update would happen tomorrow (today now). No pop up message for everyone to read to warn them that the update would happen and be ready for it... No official warning at all... Not even here in the forums. Seems they thought pushing a bad update on their unsuspecting customers was a wise move... So many people are frustrated now... Well done Inno.
:mad:

Here's the Beta Forum if you want to see the real feedback that was given. ... Don't believe their propaganda.
:rolleyes:

DeletedUser8627

What about duelling lvl and duel motivation increases? Worked very hard to keep those down. :mad:

The duelling level system had changed and due to the changes it was unavoidable for the reset of motivation.

DeletedUser8627

well, as expected, v2.0 cancelled a queued step for hope dies last that blocks any chances of working on it. i am sending a ticket to see if we can get the quest back or the broken spade, and i believe it should be granted as we weren't given a warning nor a last chance to make sure nothing important could be lost. i also believe there should have been a notice in game and in forum warning players that time sensitive quests had to be finished and giving one full week to do so, "finish all your sensitive quest this week or forever say goodbye to them".

there was no warning, nor time to make sure we would take care of our unfinished business before 2.0, so it's now your obligation to fix it. thank you.

Not announcing the release earlier today was a fault on my part which I have already apologized for.

However, I did announce that 'sensitive quests' should be completed as soon as possible and I did mention that the update will come this month. Today is the last day of the month so it is somewhat obvious that it would be sometime today. Not to mention we did start on the 2.0 update yesterday on world Dakota.

HelenBack

Not announcing the release earlier today was a fault on my part which I have already apologized for.

However, I did announce that 'sensitive quests' should be completed as soon as possible and I did mention that the update will come this month. Today is the last day of the month so it is somewhat obvious that it would be sometime today. Not to mention we did start on the 2.0 update yesterday on world Dakota.

Only somewhat obvious to those who READ THE FORUMS... People who just play the game were totally blindsided by the update. They didn't know it was coming. There should have been an ingame announcement... Like the one that "welcomed us to v2.0"... One that everyone had to mark as Read. Not a good way to handle a major update like this... This isn't just tweaking a couple things or fixing bugs... This changed the way the game is played!

The Dueling Motivation... should have been kept the way it was prior to the update. All Zero Mot duelers now have to sleep for days just to get their mot back down to zero. Wooo... That's how much fun v2 is...
:mad:

DeletedUser

The problem is not many players read these forums, as I'm writing this there are 139 active users, only 28 members (and this is after a MAJOR update), compared to the amount of active players in the game (admittedly very few now) you are reaching a very, very small amount of players by saying anything on here.
It has been so for some time.
It is unforgivable that there was no "in game" announcements and I'm afraid any excuses do NOT hold water.

Update:

Helenback beat me to it.....

DeletedUser33353

+1 I am one of the few who checks these forums out...not as much as I used to....and I had no idea until I got an e-mail on my phone....oh well. And Helen? kalip sends his love.

DeletedUser34781

Everytime I log in I'm in the chatroom for my town. That's great. however I can no longer access the county chat (or Room 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever it is supposed to be) now. /join room 1 doesn't work. How do you freely switch from one chatroom to another? I don't mean that once you are joined to more than one chatroom to click on the tabs in the window. I mean overall I'm only in the one chat room, my town chatroom and that's it. I cannot actually access any other chat room, and the help commands ingame are fairly limited.

I reckon there is no county chat until a fort is taken and named.

delldell56

Here is the small print details, Da Twista. 2.0 has been announced for a long time now, without giving a real hint on dates. It could have happened 2 months ago, or 2 months from now, for what was posted. When a company is closing or filing for bankruptcy, telling creditors and employees that the business is in bad shape and you shall go out of business soon doesn't count as a valid warning that they probably won't get paid. In my opinion, if you didn't want to give up an actual date, to prevent abuses prior the update (which is understandable), there should have been a formal, official announcement IN GAME and IN FORUM instructing players that from X date to X date, all pending quests should be finished before 2.0 would delete all queued quests, and that time should have been a month in advance. Starting October, there should have been an announcement saying "All pending quests must be completed by Oct. 31, as we expect 2.0 will be released soon after that date, and all quests on your queue will be deleted with the update", regardless of the actual date of the release.

"As soon as possible" and "should be completed" don't count either as a date, nor as a warning. Also, a week and a half ago we didn't know that our queues would be deleted after the update. It was merely, casually mentioned sometime last week, as you can confirm by checking posts a week old. Even Elmyr didn't know what would happen to quests like the aforementioned Hope dies last. You say, "Today is the last day of the month so it is somewhat obvious that it would be sometime today. Not to mention we did start on the 2.0 update yesterday on world Dakota". Well, we regular players didn't know Dakota would open yesterday, until it opened, so we could not have used it as a hint or a reference last week to know that last Saturday would have been our last chance to save our quest. Today, as the last day of the month and a Wednesday, means we did not have one last Saturday to even try. You see my point?

This is a game, and as such should not be taken extremely serious. But if this was real life, the lack of notification would qualify as a scam. So, I respectfully urge you to be flexible, not so much for me but for the many players having issues with this unannounced or poorly announced update, that is already proving to be a PR nightmare for The West.

*added*: a couple more things about 2.0. job times are not meant to keep more players happy and suit their game style. jobs that take up to 2h are of high difficulty, which require certain specific builds (marriage swindlers, breaking up gangs, etc.) and few level 120 players with loads of gear can do. easy jobs for everyone (picking tobacco, granite mining, tanning deer skin, river fishing) require players to be clicking on them every couple of minutes or every 30m at best. i am in fort fighting towns on 3 worlds, and most players there are skilled as pure fort fighters, which means the only jobs they can do are the ones that force them to be online 16h a day to click. not cool.

AND, it was said that towns owning forts in the old version might get a compensation for the loss of them. so far, the surprise is that we got nothing at all :p (i am NOT thrilled when it comes to the surprises we get from this game).

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Nice way to remove the zero mot duelers from the game ...
Gaining duelling levels by the npc, what a nice idea.
More time for the workers and the adventurers to pick flowers.

DeletedUser17350

Great planning to do an update like this, when a lot of players are working on just temporarily available Hollween quests!
The German 2.0 world Fairbanks was started on Monday and the other worlds will be updated tomorrow. I can´t think of a reason why I should expect, that 2.0 is coming the next day here.

Maybe Innogames would have gone bankrupt, if the update would have come shortly after the last day of the Halloween quests. :D

DeletedUser34464

Actually this is what you posted in Western Star:
Version 2.0 will be released on World 16 (Dakota) at the end of this month. Unfortunately an exact date will only be released a few days before the actual release. Only once World Dakota is running smoothly on version 2.0 we will then proceed to update the remaining 15 worlds to 2.0.

How does " Only once World Dakota is running smoothly on version 2.0 we will then proceed to update the remaining 15 worlds to 2.0." translate obviously into "the next day, with no warning"

On the plus side, I am learning some German since apparently nobody bothered to proofread
the release. I now know 'stufe' can mean 'level'.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but making it really, really hard

DeletedUser33353

Wow.....I just learned a new word. stufe-------is it pronounced stuff?

HelenBack

Pretty packaging is only pretty until you rip into it and find out what it's hiding... People who are admiring the pretty map will be bored doing all the "Click Monkey" jobs in a few weeks.
:tumble:

DeletedUser

low motivation means less money , experience , luck !
before with 0% motivation in works , we can find products ... now in this version , low motivation will give less chance to find products ?! or motivation dont do anything for product luck ?!

DeletedUser34969

I don't know if this been talked about before because I didn't read any of the previous posts.

I don't like the jobs times. I'm in the middle of the quest and I don't know how long I have to do a job in order to satisfy the quest.

Example. The quest says a certain job requires 0/24. 24 what? 24 hours, 24 minutes, what?

Then I get to the job and it will only let me do it for 5 minutes! Thats crazy. Why can't I do a job for 2 hours any more. I don't have time to log in every 20 minutes.

I like setting up as many hours as I can and then come back is 6 hours and do it again. Fix these job times because i want and need to do a job for 2 hours. If I'm not doing a quest then I like to set the max number of hours to do jobs to get money and drops. You can't do that with this job times system.

Everything looks nice but this job times is a big one for me. I've been in this game a long time, for years, and I will probably quit.

Btw. I'm not a noobie, I just have never used the forum until now. I'm maxed at level 120 and have been in this game from the start. Sorry but thats the way it is. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The best thing about 2.0 is that I'm no longer worried about when my beloved w8 will get closed. It doesn't look like it's worth playing anyway at this point. :hmf: