Presents & whos got ripped off the most ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

i bought the 3k gold nugget gift from the elf and got;

first premium chest - allens pepperbox revolver - fairly common

second premium chest - hernandos sword - free from quest

third premium chest - sacajawea's pants - free from quest

and luckily this one had a price minimum

Unique chest - Cochise's leather pants.

these may seem ok but i paid 81 bucks real world cash for them and i think i am justified in saying i got screwed royally. 2 free items, a common and basically 81 bucks for leather pants. cant say i didnt set myself up for it but inno screwed us by not giving us double nuggets first off and then they give us free items like they are special. i spent a ton of money and expected something nice... instead i got crap so im venting here a bit :(

ive played since the first month of the game over 3 years ago and i knew they liked screwing us but this whole thing just screams 'we want your money and dont care how badly we screw you for it'

DeletedUser

thanks hellstrom i did, its a long shot and he may just say too bad but 3k nuggets for free items is horrible :(

DeletedUser14006

I bought the max price chest today and from the 3 premium chests I got Allen's, Pat Garrets Jeans and the Inno belt, I felt this was a good result with the exception of Allen's but I must admit I was a little disappointed with the unique chest as it gave me fancy soft leg guards, what is unique about those?

Will hold off with a support ticket and keep checking here to see if it is worth the effort.

DeletedUser22493

I got Soft Leg Guards in the Unique chest. I pretty much got squat in all the others, so im a liiitle disappointed. Would love if they made sure I at least got something nice.

DeletedUser

Unbelievable, people still using their hard earned to buy them even after all the complaints. Inno must be absolutely loving this, all these mugs congregated at one place to bleed dry......

DeletedUser

I caved in and brought the 3000 nugget option to get from the premium chests:
Wyatt Earp's Colt Buntline
Elephant
Buffalo Bill's Leg Guards

And then from the unique chest
Rudolph (worth $250)

DeletedUser22493

I caved in and brought the 3000 nugget option to get from the premium chests:
Wyatt Earp's Colt Buntline
Elephant
Buffalo Bill's Leg Guards

And then from the unique chest
Rudolph (worth $250)

Rudolph is worth a bit more then that.. Haha.. Guess that depends who you ask tho..

Overall, you got more than most get from buying all the chests. You should be very very happy with that.

DeletedUser20105

Inno is providing a resolution to the boxes issue, Da Twista indicated what can be done (file a formal and specific complaint) should anyone wish additional compensations.

Formal Announcement --> http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=49220

The only i can say is
THIS IS RIDICULOUS SOLUTION
one day high income...i think they are not serius one player 120 lvl need one day high income ????

And you play the clever guy here to give us this ''serious'' announcement ??:mad::mad:

DeletedUser

The only i can say is
THIS IS RIDICULOUS SOLUTION
one day high income...i think they are not serius one player 120 lvl need one day high income ????

And you play the clever guy here to give us this ''serious'' announcement ??:mad::mad:

are you sure you understand what is one day of higher income for? it has nothing to do with chests, it was because of bugs during that time period.
that means ALL players receive it, even if you didn't log in for last two weeks. i welcome this gift. yes, something can be named "gift" finally in this game.

DeletedUser30307

well....all in all, i'm satisfied with these amendments. surely a person cannot get all the best items as everything....but as long as they do not get 'crap' or 'town shop items'....its acceptable in my opinion.

now my only problem is that i do not remember what my 4 fancy chests gave me lol.

ahhhh....guess it dosn't matter all that much as the main issues (according to me and hopefully according to others as well) have been kinda resolved :)

however....i do hope that inno considers changing the non auctionable items into auctionable.

DeletedUser20105

are you sure you understand what is one day of higher income for? it has nothing to do with chests, it was because of bugs during that time period.
that means ALL players receive it, even if you didn't log in for last two weeks. i welcome this gift. yes, something can be named "gift" finally in this game.
I understand very well

For the chests are only 4 items the problem
The rest crap items we receive like pillow, rudolph, sled are perfect ... soon they will ask us to thank them for those crap items.

Or they think we are stupid or they like us to be stupid....i can't think something else

Why to they not sent complaint form in the forum?
With message in game like they do for nuggets announcement

That it will be serious reaction

for the time period i think is ..... i don't want to talk about it they found the only one bug in the game and they pay us high income:laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

Rudolph is worth a bit more then that.. Haha.. Guess that depends who you ask tho..

Overall, you got more than most get from buying all the chests. You should be very very happy with that.

I wasn't complaining just pointing out that from the chest that was supposed to have items worth over $10k the purchase price of Rudolph is $250.

Overall I was happy with what I got, though the elephant does seem a bit pointless as it's the same as a quarter horse, just a higher price.

DeletedUser21630

Does the higher income mean premium players get double their normal? :D :D :D

DeletedUser25606

I think credit's where it's due , inno's looked at the number of complaints and tried to do something .

maybe the problem was that too much was assumed by inno? .By this i mean they thought that people would understand not all and every chest would contain a wyatt's or key 3 etc.
Soon as you introduce markets into the worlds ( and i think it's fair to say the market is a feature that everyone appriciates and uses ) you create a mirco economy and as a game dev your responsible for its good management , as a shiney collector myself i think id be more upset if there was a flood of the rarest items and all of a sudden something that was once prized is worth the purchase price.

Just for context i think it's fair to say that i'm hardly a inno flag waver ,but fair is fair ,they've seen people were upset and tried to make amends , and i think that's to be appriciated .

There has been a lot of counter productive comments made to people who feel they have been wronged , and as it's turned out , a lot of those people's complaints were valid ,and addressed by inno. Over the past ive mailed both twista and desi and i think them to be straight forward people (on a side note im tentativly hopeful that there will be a change in the tone of this forum in reguards to rudeness ) who would infract over a violation no matter who was involved. If you feel this is you ,it's my advice to report .

In essence i think the idea of the promotion was good ,but personally i think it let itself down in something as simple as wording.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25892

So if someone had an issue with the chest...will this happen automatically? Also if we are going to add Bowies knife to the list...shouldnt bob the builder pants and allens pepper box from a premium chest be the same? Also...if you get rudolph from a fancy chest that contains items over 10k is that a bad thing?

DeletedUser

My point was merely paying 3k nuggets... yes three thousand nuggets for 2 free items, allens and i got lucky with the unique chest and got cochises leather pants.

when i saw the gold chests and all of the items you cant get anywhere else yet like the inno games belt, a rare unobtainable gun or 2, a couple riding animals, i heard of some elixirs giving awesome results like free reskill or something then i get free quest items its just hurts a lot to have paid $84 US after foreign transaction fees and see the stuff i got. i dont make much and splurged to have fun but got nothing really.

im not saying it isnt my fault for wanting to add some fun into the game again and yes i know its a game but its ... was a nice getaway. i have 102 nuggets left and wont be buying more :(

Spaceydk

Spirit
I got from the premium chests:
Sled (so have 3 now)
Nats
Calamitys
I had 2 sleds, Nats and Calamitys already

So I feel your pain from the unique chest I got Tashunkas so that saved the day a bit but the unique chest were 10x better than the 3 premiums combined.

If you look back on my posts in this thread I didn't want to buy it but I couldn't resist it and it ended exactly how I figured it would.

When the compensation came out really UNIQUE things were on the list but not the Sled and everyone has 2 already, So I think I am a candidate for winning the ripped off most price and if Inno want to donate a price I would like 2 item named by me over 10 premium chests.

DeletedUser

In essence i think the idea of the promotion was good ,but personally i think it let itself down in something as simple as wording.

Yes the idea behind it was good and for the people who got decent items from it, good for them. However, as you say, the wording has misled more than a few people by the judging of the comments here and in game and Inno need to be more careful in the future about the presentation of the game that is played (on the .net servers at least) by a wide range of nationalities and people with different levels of understanding English. Even now there are bits in the game such as the mortician where the text is in German.

Back to the promotion though, it's good that they've recognised that something needed to be done as, even with the possible bad wording of the chests, there were some items that shouldn't have been in the premium and unique chests. However, and this will probably be debatable, I would've prefered to see the range of items that was possible to get from each chest. Not an exact list of every item in each chest, but a rough idea that premium chests contain named and more expensive clothes that you can get in the stores.

There might also be the people though that bought premium chests thinking that the items in them wouldn't be available to buy in the shops full stop. That would've been something that should have been highlighted before you bought them, but then how many named items do you want to introduce into each gameworld through the chests? And out of that, should maybe the unique chests only contain items that are not available to buy in the town shops or through luck drops so the items, like the Inno Belt, are actually unique?

Hopefully this gets looked at properly if it is to be repeated this year. Now though, for some players, Inno Games' reputation has been tarnished and they will have to work hard to gain consumer trust back again. However, I would like to see more things like this brought into the game, just as long as they're tested properly for a paying audience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.