Train Yards

DeletedUser

It is frequently suggested, and one very similar one to yours involving laying tracks between towns was also suggested, but I couldn't find it with a quick search.

My main complaint with all of the train ideas is that it just isn't necessary. What problem does it solve? On my slowest world (the one where I don't have a quarter horse, and no Indian's set, and no mobility), I can cross from one corner of the map to the opposite corner in 12 hours. Yes, that does take a little while, but could a train realistically travel faster than one and a half night's sleep?

Quests? A few class quests require a lot of travel, but they're supposed to be an inconvenience and the rewards from continuing the lines are well worth it.

Fort battles? Yes, traveling to a battle can tie up a lot of your time, but the XP is good and there needs to be some sort of balance (and paying for travel is not a balance. Money is easy.) I guess it would make it easier to harass towns or alliances that are several sectors away.

Duels? I've dueled in every sector of w1 and have no complaints about the travel involved. If you're a full time non-zero-motivation dueler, you need time for your motivation to get back up anyway.

Edit:
They do fit the theme of the game, but any train suggestion is going to be a lot of trouble to implement for extremely little gain. A very simple train station addition to the town would be a lot simpler, e.g. both towns must have a train station; click on the train station in the town you want to travel to; click "board the train" and the timer starts. Still unnecessary, but a lot simpler to implement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If everyone only did what was necessary in life, we wouldn't have anything luxurious and it would all become a bit to boring...

I like Elmyrs idea of creating stations in each town or large forts that can be upgraded. Without the implimentaion of tracks to begin with... You could use train tickets from the quests or simply buy them, and then do a search for your destination, then go at it...

But trains should be faster the bigger the stations. Lets say that Town A has a 5/10 lvl station, and Town B has a lvl 3/10 train station. Your train would only go as fast as the lvl 3 train yard allows... But lets say they are both 10/10 stations, A trip between both towns/forts would be faster then taking even the fastest horse from Point A - B...

DeletedUser

To be honest with you I think that the the reason they made horse's was so that people could travel a long distance in a short period of time. And the better the horse the shorter the time it takes to get to the other town/job or just that you are exploring

nice try mate and I agree with the others you should do a search before you write something like this in future.

DeletedUser

Horses are all good and all, but you dont grasp the idea... train yard will give us something new to build, will give us even speedier transportaion when the train yards are leveled up enough. It is also always nice to get new content like this...

Also, Like I said, I did a search, and I know there are other posts like this, but I felt mine was unique, and deserved a new start... Seriously, why whine about new posts? You dont have to read it if you dont want to...

DeletedUser20137

I like the idea of using this as a town building and simplifying it. This would allow for townspeople to spend more money and time to make their homes more unique. Could the administrators use this idea and implement premium options for travel in order to generate more revenues for the game?

As for "whining" about new posts, it would seem to me that all posts on trains or transportation being together would allow for readers to get more perspectives in one spot. This allows for the formation of many ideas to produce one viable and acceptable idea to form, and maybe increase the chance that administrators will take notice. We need to work together to change the world (The West and others).

DeletedUser

We should start posting our own links to their own chats on this subject and combined all the messages in a Union of sorts in order to create change... LOL (OOC: Dont take me too seriously usualy when im in character lol...)

OOC: I mean if we implement some new structures to the game, we promote continual influx of promotion (WORD TO MOUTH) of this game, and this helps fund your further expansions and keep current users continually interested, along with continual updates and content....... Game Gods...

All Profits come from some sort of Investment or Connection with your customers...

Think about it...

DeletedUser

sorry for up a old topic but this is a awesome idea, why never implanted =p
and i increase a little do rails for all the map and trains stations for all the countys and we pay for the npc, and dont a town building

DeletedUser

actually, it's a horrible idea. People won't want to build train yards because it will mean duelers can quickly and easily get to your town to duel your townies.

Besides, there's a premium feature now that allows you to significantly reduce your transit time. This feature is not needed, not helpful, and would replace a premium feature. Not gonna happen, don't want it to happen. No

DeletedUser

if the problem is nuggets do the priece be nuggets, better than a magic travel when reduce 50% time just for pay

DeletedUser

And travel times just aren't that bad. Anyone with full Indian and a quarter horse can cross the map from corner to corner in 4.5 hours. How fast should you really be allowed to cross the map? Well with 20 nuggets you can make the same trip in 17 mins.

if the problem is nuggets do the priece be nuggets, better than a magic travel when reduce 50% time just for pay

It's already magic travel. Queue that 4.5 hour trip and cancel it 4 hours and 29 mins later and you don't move. Go that extra minute and you teleport across the map when the time's up.

DeletedUser

Meh, 17 minutes is too long! It should be instantaneous! In fact, lets make duels instantaneous, and fort wars, and healing and energy! Let's call it Instant-aneous Gratification and have it be an item we can instantly create out of two pieces of tobacco!

DeletedUser

the train is for travel... is not instantaneous... and in the old west have trains (i think), can do a faster speed than horse, if the problem is the nuggets do the priece with nuggets and do more realistic, do 50 mph

DeletedUser

the train is for travel... is not instantaneous

And yet it would be, unless you want it implemented unlike anything else in the game and saying once it's queued it can't be canceled.

if the problem is the nuggets do the priece with nuggets

Do you really think Inno is going to implement a less convenient method of using nuggets to travel? As it is now, you can warp on a whim. I can't tell you how many times I've used five more nuggets to take a trip under 10 mins. If you have to plan out the trip, travel to a town, take a train to another town close to your destination...it would change cutting travel time from an easy luxury to a hassle.

DeletedUser

realistic? you want "more realistic?" How about bringing a knife to a gunfight --- and losing everytime? How about when your character gets killed, you have to create a new one? How about it takes years to recover from a gunshot wound instead of 8 hours (6 hours if you're sleeping in the barracks)? How about characters get arrested and put in prison for the rest of their natural lives or are hanged for half the illegal/criminal jobs they do, for attacking a fort, for shooting a bunch of people?!?

Are you sure you want "more real?"

DeletedUser

i think the players need attractives and a train give something else to the game, will not decrease nuggets spend only need do pay passage with nuggets, better than the magic way of reduce 50% distance, and about be realistic there are things cant be equal the world (like die) but this can be more realistic and give this visual for new players see a train can be good for the game :)

DeletedUser

Realism is going to the train station and waiting hours for the train to show up. Distance in the game isn't cross country distance, it's much shorter: it's light rail/commuter trains. No one in the Old West would take a train on a trip that could be accomplished on horseback in 4.5 hours. It wouldn't even be an option.

You think trains should be significantly faster than horses? Train robberies in the Old West were a reality and robbers really did board moving trains from moving horses.