BOYCOTT: Fort Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelenBack

So it has been 2-3 days how has this boycott thing been going along for ya all?? Any forts lost because of non-participants who were outside the fort picketing??

Yup... But they would have been lost either way. No way a full defense can stand up against an attack that didn't fill if the attackers have 20 or so GGs... So, those who aren't fort battling are no longer wasting their time, health and energy for a lost cause. More people are getting ready to leave the West if this isn't resolved soon. High level and low level... Paying and non-paying... Some are talking just about Arizona/Briscoe... some are talking of the whole game. So the devs had better get moving on this if they want to keep all the players.

And yes, low levels DO get killed in a couple rounds.

DeletedUser1121

No disrespect Desi but this has to be one of the biggest mistakes made to date in this game and every week it goes unsorted your going to get more and more response from the community in this vein.

No disrespect taken. I am not saying that the developers are saints or something like that.
And i fully understand the frustration. I personally don't mind loosing a fight, but being annihilated is a complete other thing. But you need to keep in mind that every change will have its affect. That is why i said that i would understand that they take their time and work out a solution that is best for everybody instead of rushing into anything.

Some kind of statement rather than a offhand defensive comment on their behalf would probably be more constructive and reassuring at this point for a lot here.

I have never spoken to any of them, so i can't make a statement on their behalf. Neither am i defending them. I am just stating my thoughts. I think the community in general is better of with a well thought solution instead of a quick fix that turns out to be frustrating again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

While no one really wants to see Fort Fighting end, it is one of the few ways gamers can make a statement to the devs (as well as nugget purchasing boycotts).
Or, you know... you could make a statement ;) It has already been posted on page three that the Golden Gun is planned to be nerfed, whatever you do between then and the relevant update is ultimately irrelevant and to your detriment.

+1

Can we get a hallelujah for Blackfyre, CroBeers finest export ;)
Hallelujah!

Deleted User - 1693871

Yup... But they would have been lost either way. No way a full defense can stand up against an attack that didn't fill if the attackers have 20 or so GGs...

Maybe instead of moaning and boycotting, the side losing the forts should try attacking, and getting more golden guns for themselves. Sitting on their backsides complacently, assuming they would continue winning fort battles right through a world as they had done in the first few months, is not a long term strategy for success. ;)

DeletedUser25173

So what is the point here:
When I defend I get shredded by the GG attackers. OK I can handle that, I will attack tomorrow and have my GG shred the defenders!
Why do you want balance everywhere in every action?
When I work in Picking Tobacco I need Balance so I want exactly the Drop rate, XP and Money of the best Jobs to keep the game balance. If not I will quit as I'm not getting enough things!!
Is this the balance you are looking for??
When everybody ripped me with their Hernando's I never whined here, but kept moving!
Than the Goldens appeared and the same guys who had done bloody massacres with Hernando's started Whining!
Now it is the time for the Golden Gun whine. Some start by: Oh please remove the bonus stack, than oh remove the bonus at all, than oh lower it's dmg and so on!!
Why all this? I don't get it!!
Is the gun so good??!! Grow up go and get it!! And possibly in the way pay some nuggets to the game if you are not good enough, this is how the devs thought it.
One more thing: Why this thread is being kept alive by the same persons who did the wrong quest on the raid?!!

Sorry if anyone is offended I don't mean it!
Porky

DeletedUser25707

So what is the point here:
When I defend I get shredded by the GG attackers. OK I can handle that, I will attack tomorrow and have my GG shred the defenders!
The point is that if there's nothing you can do to defend the fort because you'll get shredded in just a few rounds then why bother going to defense? Why waste time, energy, nuggets to go to defense at all knowing you'll loose the fight because there's nothing you can do?

DeletedUser16008

Desi Im sure they are working on the Nerf but one thing is for sure, if its left for too long the damage will have taken a serious toll on some worlds by then, its likely they wont recover their personality that all worlds have to their former glory. The devs should at times hold up their hands and notify you guys Diggo etc what is going on and pass on the apology etc ... sure page 3 carried a note but its via another server and tbh dosnt mean squat as it could have been simply made up. Diggo is the community manager and id have expected the Devs to have respected that position enough to at least communicate their intentions with him, allowing him then to speak with some kind of first hand knowledge rather than a referral to a post via another server.

Felicity id say at the moment although I dont play Arizona seriously at all the only time id be likely to attend any battle atm is when my energy is at zero for a few xp ... honestly its not worth wasting any more time on for a few xp ... and thats from a player who isnt involved in the politics there just playing casually.

Porky maybe you don't get the main problem here.

The GG sector bonus stacks, which basically means the damage everyone can do in that sector gets increased with each additional gun...

Which means greenhorns can do 200 - 250 throwing stones and Winchesters can and do over 500...not counting what the GG can do with the bonuses now without everyone being uber tanks not many will take the kind of damage and the worlds are not all going to turn into the .pl servers here nor should they have to to just enjoy one small element of the game.

I own a GG on w10, if this thing isnt nerfed soon then I'll attempt to negotiate a max of them in battles with the opposition.. especially smalls. I dont want 20 rd battles thx.

Believe me it is a rush now for a fix before too many GG get in battles on other worlds, I think W10 will survive balanced anyway as most there care more about good battles than stupid advantage but I dont think the same can be said for other worlds where players and leaders are too self centered to do anything about it.. If you want better balanced long run battles then perhaps you should consider W10

GG dont ruin the game perse but its players using the GG over what is required to have a good battle that is ruining things, people being people most cannot control themselves nor most leaders will have the honor or care to seek anything other than overwhelming odds. If they did then there wouldnt be a need to nerf but thats not going to be most so it is required to curb things.

This thread isnt really a whine at all but a perfectly understandable response to a bad piece of developing, most updates are cool but they do get things horribly wrong sometimes this is one such case.

DeletedUser16628

Blackfyre,On your last point I agree.I own my own construction company and work 16-18 hour days.Daddy's credit card please.Without premium players things would change drastically.Well said victor and it's part of my reason for leaving forts I can't really duel and fort the way I wanted so I'm a casual forter now no politics.Felicity right on and porky not bad as well hope you all have fun.

DeletedUser25173

The point is that if there's nothing you can do to defend the fort because you'll get shredded in just a few rounds then why bother going to defense? Why waste time, energy, nuggets to go to defense at all knowing you'll loose the fight because there's nothing you can do?

This is too drastic as If you fill all Towers with GG balanced (4 each or even 5 each) you get a lot of dmg done to the enemies! You must as well protect the people holding the guns, etc.
And Duelers (with a bow if you like) now help you a lot on defense as their chance to hit is increased on the sector and some critical hits of them and all the tanks are out!!
So the GG has changed the strategy, we will learn to use it. Some people still don't know what I'm talking about well we can't blame the GG for this.

DeletedUser24373

This is too drastic as If you fill all Towers with GG balanced (4 each or even 5 each) you get a lot of dmg done to the enemies! You must as well protect the people holding the guns, etc.
And Duelers (with a bow if you like) now help you a lot on defense as their chance to hit is increased on the sector and some critical hits of them and all the tanks are out!!
So the GG has changed the strategy, we will learn to use it. Some people still don't know what I'm talking about well we can't blame the GG for this.

Porky,

Tell me again how balanced it is with a defensive tower filled with 9 GG's vs. the sector facing it having 25 GG's?

We are seeing battles where attackers are at a +30 disadvantage to the defense and they are still steam rolling through forts in 30 rounds.

Many of us have purchased thousands of nuggets in the past. Some of us have stopped our nugget purchases when the boycott began to make a statement to the developers.

Or, you know... you could make a statement ;) It has already been posted on page three that the Golden Gun is planned to be nerfed, whatever you do between then and the relevant update is ultimately irrelevant and to your detriment.

Hallelujah!

Thanks for the support Diggo. I did go back and looked at page 3 and saw NO mention from the devs that the plan is to nerf the GG or just the stackable sector bonus. You must be referring to the post by GondorX with the message from Ashock. Is Ashock a developer?

There is nothing that this game can do that is to my detriment, unlike your claim. There are things that I can do to the detriment of this game. Calling for a boycott was one. With over 200 posts in one week this is obviously a very "hot topic" issue.

I have made the decision to leave Arizona and delete my account from that world. I will do this before the end of the month. The simple reason is the GG and its stackable bonus. It has rendered this FF obsolete. The developers decided to implement the GG AFTER myself and others did the raid quest. If that is my fault for selecting a path that had NO known consequence then I might as well stop playing the game and wait for them to complete future questlines so as not to miss out on the Golden Horse or something else. I will not nerf my skills and place them into HP as some do, that is not the game I enjoyed playing.

As this game is losing its enjoyment I have made my decision to leave Arizona in the dust. If the few other worlds I play start feeling the same way, I will leave this game completely. I do not expect Inno to care about 1 gameplayer, but collectively they should care about ALL of their gameplayers or they may find none at their games.

Some people may not think this boycott has had any effect, but I would disagree. As Diggo is trying to point out, Ashock has assured everyone on page 3, via an intermediary, that they are aware of this issue and will address it in time. Prior to this topic being started, NO one was aware they would make any changes to it. Fort participation has dropped as battles are not being filled. Players leaving is just the natural progression of this unless change is made.

DeletedUser28121

i really hope this one gets closed soon. you made your point obk (albeit your boycott seems fruitless considering the fact that your side had 119 defenders at westland (w13) last night)...sector bonus pros and cons seem to be abundant (tho cons own this thread rightfully imo), developers are aware of the issue and will take action with the next update and any further discussion is taking a turn towards flaming.

DeletedUser25173

Porky,

Tell me again how balanced it is with a defensive tower filled with 9 GG's vs. the sector facing it having 25 GG's?

We are seeing battles where attackers are at a +30 disadvantage to the defense and they are still steam rolling through forts in 30 rounds.

Many of us have purchased thousands of nuggets in the past. Some of us have stopped our nugget purchases when the boycott began to make a statement to the developers.

25 GGs . . . come on, when did you see that?
Now Why only defenders have no bonus from the GG? Who wrote that somewhere?!!
I said: the game has changed, learn or die trying. This is my moto! Should be yours too!

I can give you a hint . . . Get on outer sectors (blocking) with 25 GGs your self in the fort in the leave only people who don't have GGs and can get the tower bonuses!!
I'm not going further with strategy explanations here!

I was thinking why are we asking to nerf the Golden Gun while they could fix things differently!!
Division of the sectors in smaller pieces so the bonus will stack as on tower.
For example divide the outer east-west sectors in three instead of two!
This is my stupid idea, devs could have plenty not so stupid!
Asking to nerf something because we can't get it, makes this thread a whine!
Asking for more balance introducing some other things it is another story and might be discussed on the ideas thread!

DeletedUser

(albeit your boycott seems fruitless considering the fact that your side had 119 defenders at westland (w13) last night)...
119/120 that means only one guy boycotte fort fights :D we know who he is :D (hint: easter bunny) :laugh:

HelenBack

119/120 that means only one guy boycotte fort fights :D we know who he is :D (hint: easter bunny) :laugh:
No Unforgiven... It was me... I was in a REAL battle on w10 (where they still care about fun fort battles) and forgot to move to the fort on Arizona in time. But I did go and visit the leftovers after the battle. Hope I wasn't too rough on them... Some were a bit upset and wound up in their hotels.
;)

DeletedUser

Sorry Helen, but none of us play w10. Nor w11. Nor w1. We do play someoother worlds though, but to neglect one world because of another? We'd probably end the same way you did. :)
And no we won't go to old worlds as we don't care for old playstyles. Expect us on w15 though.

DeletedUser30834

i really hope this one gets closed soon. you made your point obk (albeit your boycott seems fruitless considering the fact that your side had 119 defenders at westland (w13) last night)...sector bonus pros and cons seem to be abundant (tho cons own this thread rightfully imo), developers are aware of the issue and will take action with the next update and any further discussion is taking a turn towards flaming.
134 fighters have attacked the Fort. 119 defenders defended.
41 attackers fell. 119 defenders fell.

Yes, fruitless indeed. If the more experiences and higher HP players there, it probably would have been 43 or more attackers that fell. But alas, we were ranking level 20 and 30 players just to not fill the fort.

I swear, some of the comments on this board are made by people who simply aren't paying attention to anything at all. I'm not talking about you blackfyre in particular, I'm talking about it in general. Anyone without a vested interest in this thread and a bit of knowledge about the game can clearly see what I'm talking about. It's not like we can't watch the battles replayed and see what is happening or anything. We've had that ability for a while now. Let's at least try to keep our comments in line with reality.

DeletedUser

Sumdumass actually it would be more than 41 and more than 43 if any of you blocked north above the adventurer tower. If you don't believe me, try with that next time please. Tonight for example. :)

DeletedUser24373

Not sure why you are so interested in my departure Unforgiven, but I will delete OutlawBK from the Arizona server before this month ends, a good 3 weeks prior to Easter.

This really has sapped all of the fun out of that world for me.

Good luck and have fun in YOUR continued gameplay.

HelenBack

Maybe instead of moaning and boycotting, the side losing the forts should try attacking, and getting more golden guns for themselves. Sitting on their backsides complacently, assuming they would continue winning fort battles right through a world as they had done in the first few months, is not a long term strategy for success. ;)

Felicity... Look past Arizona and your own greed for a moment... There are other worlds and this issue is happening on ALL of them. It's not just about your world on Arizona.

The only thing that will happen if both sides were full of GGs is that they would rip through each other even faster and we'll have shorter battles... The shorter the battles, the less fun, XP, cash, and chests. People will get bored and leave. As it stands right now, people are leaving in ALL worlds due to the fort battles no longer being fun since the GG has come into play with it's stacking bonus.

I'm not "moaning and boycotting" for Arizona... This extends well past that and those who CARE about the well-being of the GAME in general are the ones who are fighting to keep it fair and fun for EVERYONE... Not just a few who are on the rampage and couldn't care less how they got all the forts... just so long as they own them.

Another issue is the fact that they introduced a weapon that relies on an old quest that people completed months or years before the GG was even mentioned. So are all those 100+ level people supposed to delete their accounts and start over just to get the GG? That was another oversight that the devs should have thought of... They should add another quest that relies on the wrong option in the Raid quest that will also get them the key.

DeletedUser

I'm not "moaning and boycotting" for Arizona... This extends well past that and those who CARE about the well-being of the GAME in general are the ones who are fighting to keep it fair and fun for EVERYONE...
Honey, if you wanted someone to believe you're really awsome and thinking about everyone and not just about yourself, then you should have tried to play nonallied with 20HPmonsters town for last 6 months on Arizona.
Want more? If you wanted us to believe you want everyone to have fun, you'd come here on the forum and post links, formulas, info, tips, tricks, hints, everything you can - publically. If not you, then someone from your town could do that instead.

However, you were thinking only on yourself. All this time. Well, that worked on other worlds obviously. On Arizona it seems to be an utter failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.