Medals Guide (Spoiler Alert!)

• Thread starter DeletedUser1105
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Slight add to the sleeping medals. There's one energy consuming thing you can do and still get the medals, and that's dueling the npc's under the Duel tab. Did it myself on one of the worlds while going from 100% motivation to 0%.

DeletedUser

Does continuous mean continuous, ie, queued up, or does it mean three sleeping slots while not doing anything energy-consuming in the middle, meaning you can pray, travel to ghost towns, or even take part in fort battles?
As i remember, no working between sleep. About the rest : sorry i dont know :p

DeletedUser

Another question :

For me to have the fort battle winners medal, its 25 wins right? Do I have to have survived all those battles to the end, or does it count as winners even I passed out but my team won? Does "fort held" count as a defensive victory?

DeletedUser

You don't have to survive, all you need to do is be on the winning side. As for "fort held", yes, that is a win, that counts towards the medal. :)

DeletedUser25825

It means doing no other action aside from sleeping for 16 hours and 24 hours collectively. No other actions other than sleep orders

DeletedUser

It means doing no other action aside from sleeping for 16 hours and 24 hours collectively. No other actions other than sleep orders
You can sleep, travel, go to a battle, sleep and still get the medal. :)

DeletedUser

Does continuous mean continuous, ie, queued up, or does it mean three sleeping slots while not doing anything energy-consuming in the middle, meaning you can pray, travel to ghost towns, or even take part in fort battles?

I tested it in a world some time ago; praying interrupts the continuity of the sleeping, as does working and dueling other players. However, you can be idle, travel to towns, change clothes, buy/sell items, accept/complete quests, dueling NPC's as part of quests, participate in fort battles and take naps (canceled sleeps) between the three sleeps and you still get the medals. So the only job that doesn't consume energy and breaks the continuity of the sleeps is praying. After the last update, Ganior found an energy-consuming task - dueling NPC's - that doesn't break the continuity of the sleeps; that's probably because NPC duels don't register as "jobs".
What I haven't tried: scheduling a job and canceling it before it starts; alternatively, schedule a job, wait for it to start, and cancel it before 10 (or 5) minutes into the job, so you don't get a report. I would try that too, but I already have all the sleepyhead medals in all worlds.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
1468fc.png

An English Bishop medal :D

DeletedUser6752

3) Master Dueler (Gold) - Awarded for challenging players to duels 1000 times.

... I agree that this is a reasonable assumption, and several players have been able to pretty much bear this one out - even though with older worlds, it's pretty much impossible to document it unless you record every single duel.

However - in w9EN, my current dueling record is 1069 wins and 110 losses - that makes 1179 total duels for my character.
I'm not so arrogant as to assume that I won most or all of the duels I fought, but I also am aware that not many people attack me. I don't say this because I'm a formidable opponent - rather, I tend to reside in smaller towns that don't get very much dueling traffic. In mid-career I might generate a single retaliation for a weekend dueling trip, but that didn't happen all the time, and it would take a lot of weekends to accumulate over 100 defensive duels - I've only been in w9 for just about a year.

At any rate, I've got a pretty good mental record of how many times I've been attacked, and while it might add up to roughly 100 defensive duels, I have serious doubts as to whether or not I've had over 150 defensive duels. My memory isn't perfect by any means, but for 2 or 3 months leading up to and past my 1000th duel, I was sure that by the time I got to 1100 total duels, I'd have the Master Dueler medal. Now I'm closing on 100 additional duels beyond that mark, and still no medal - is that medal still actively being awarded? When I was working toward it I saw others with it who had less than 1000 wins, so now I wonder if that medal is broken on w9?

DeletedUser

disappoint, i think that you may need to challenge 1000 players to a duel, and win that duel. so with 1069 duel wins, a good number of those could quite possibly be from defending.

DeletedUser

The medal is still awarded, the number is correct and it is for 1000 challenges (duels started by you), no matter if they are wins or loses. So people got it with under 1000 wins, because they did initiate 1000 duels, but didn't win all of them.
I am not saying you do not have a good memory, but you might have been challenged a lot more at a lower level than you think. Keep on it, I am sure you are close. You'll get it for sure!

DeletedUser

Guru is definitely for 250 battles. I assume Elite Winner is as well.

If someone wants to update this, hint hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.