1.28 bs?

DeletedUser

I feel like I'm overposting... But can't help myself. Because I can't agree.
Soldiers have HP bonus and 3 (6 with nuggets) level bonus to weapon use in both forts and duels plus the tactics bonus. These are good bonuses that shouldn't be changed. Leave soldiers as they are and forget more overpowering.

A dueler class definetly has to be changed - they need a duel skill bonus. Since HP is already taken by soldiers, duelers should have a bonus to aim or dodge. And since they possess crits in fort fights in 1.28, somehow a bonus to aim seems more natural.

DeletedUser9470

the point is to make all characters as attractive as each other.
so if your going to give both fort and duel advantage to one character then u will end up everyone choosing that character. as seen with soldier untill now.
so make the dueller into a dueller and a soldier into a........ mmm.....SOLDIER?!

dueller >appearance bonus, forget the aim bonus. it was dropped from before because the duellers were way too powerfull. especially at low level...
and critical hits for battles

soldier> tactics bonus and hp because soldiers are tougher, and fb bonus of more dodge or something

DeletedUser

Soldier is (was) overpowered. Plain and simple. 1.28 ended one class' domination.

Appearance bonus would be great since the dueler's questline needs a trading with indians job, and thus you have a point there. And of course, my support on the idea. ;)

DeletedUser

they could have ammended the soldiers set to be more usefull...apart from the trumpet all the rest of the gear is crap considering the difficulty of the questline do get them.....

DeletedUser

The game is turning into a soldier/adventurer game,i seriously haven't met a dueler in weeks.Last time i checked on the newer world Arizona there was only 1 dueler in the top 50.So good for them,maybe that will entice some of them to play their toon.

It's not healthy for a game to have such imbalance,so there should be action to slowly remedy that.

Everyone that min-max and follow the "winning" formula (soldiers are still King of the hill by far) will always be 1st in line to get chopped at an eventual patch. It's normal and expected.

DeletedUser

What they should do is completely re write the two classes. Soldiers should be specialized in fort fights and duelers should be specialized in dueling, like their names implied. People are acting like its the end of the world and soldiers are now useless. Then again this update proved that that would be impossible do to all the crying it would cause. I do not see how making the other classes slightly more powerful affect soldiers that much at all. Also surprising people are throwing a fit about duelers and not about workers.

DeletedUser16002

If thats the case a person can hit 1820 damage on me with premium (1520 + 300 precise winchester), dont you think thats a little overpowered? Add another 140 onto that if hes using a precise shot gun.

DeletedUser22575

I am going to make a dangerous assumption here, and that is when the classes were actually created they were given specific bonuses for the class.

That being said, maybe it is time for players to try for a more balanced build instead of these lopsided builds...and for the devas to quit trying to make changes to compensate for those lopsided builds for any class.

In other words, you pick your class, you know what the advantages and disadvantages are, and you spend your skill points.

So live with your choices...or die with them. Quit expecting and crying for changes to compensate for your build choices.

DeletedUser

I find it funny how so many people complained about the dueler class not having good enough advantages. Then they finally put a new advantage in, and so many people complain.

DeletedUser

I am going to make a dangerous assumption here, and that is when the classes were actually created they were given specific bonuses for the class.

That being said, maybe it is time for players to try for a more balanced build instead of these lopsided builds...and for the devas to quit trying to make changes to compensate for those lopsided builds for any class.

In other words, you pick your class, you know what the advantages and disadvantages are, and you spend your skill points.

So live with your choices...or die with them. Quit expecting and crying for changes to compensate for your build choices.

Well the dueler class bonus simply didnt work well enough to entice players into that class.1.28 is probably taking 1st steps into trying to change that. It's one stone throw to get 2 birds at once: help the dueler class and tone down the health point battle beast that some builds allows.These builds evidently been deemed to be a bit too disruptive in the previous versions.

Off topic:Also worth noting is that shaman reset cost could help ease the burden on those affected had it been made available on all worlds. I am sure there is going to be more tweaks and adjustments to game balance and being able to more easily adjust character build because of patches helps acceptance of these changes.

DeletedUser13636

I agree 100% with this. :)

DeletedUser13636

Off topic:Also worth noting is that shaman reset cost could help ease the burden on those affected had it been made available on all worlds.

I Like this idea and would also like to see this added to all worlds. I like all the new premium features except for the buying of additional attribute and skill points. That option makes for an unbalanced game.

DeletedUser22575

Well the dueler class bonus simply didnt work well enough to entice players into that class.1.28 is probably taking 1st steps into trying to change that. It's one stone throw to get 2 birds at once: help the dueler class and tone down the health point battle beast that some builds allows.These builds evidently been deemed to be a bit too disruptive in the previous versions.

Off topic:Also worth noting is that shaman reset cost could help ease the burden on those affected had it been made available on all worlds. I am sure there is going to be more tweaks and adjustments to game balance and being able to more easily adjust character build because of patches helps acceptance of these changes.

I really don't find the health point beast all that impressive. Generally they are weak in another area because of it.

And I am not saying that sometimes a class doesn't need a little tweaking.

But maybe the way to do it is by class specific weapons, the belle star for example could have been a dueler class weapon only.

One Armed Ninja

If thats the case a person can hit 1820 damage on me with premium (1520 + 300 precise winchester), dont you think thats a little overpowered? Add another 140 onto that if hes using a precise shot gun.

You've got that a little wrong, they only do 10% of your max hp
(premium just ups the chance of getting a crit)

And hp soldier is stilll th most effective in battles, from what I've seen

Character classes were made a long long time before fort battles came into existance, how would they possibly have been able to then tailor it so the soldier was a better fortfighter than duelist, without a full rewrite - and that would cause one hell of a kerfuffle among the players - You can see what this duelist advantage is doing alone to some people who cant loosen up.

One thing you say i can not fundamentally agree with (bolded).
EVERY character classs should have the same chance to excel, they sohuld be balanced, if the devs just left it they would be commiting a grave injustice to the game

Last edited:

DeletedUser

And hp soldier is stilll th most effective in battles, from what I've seen
That's because we still haven't seen hp dueler. ;)

The real problem of fort battles is current luck system. It's simply not logical that pure FMS gets almost the same precision and dodge as pure leader.
The luck in forts has too much impact. It really should be lowered. What's the purpose of dueler's crits if on a bad luck day he misses everyone?

DeletedUser22575

That's because we still haven't seen hp dueler. ;)

The real problem of fort battles is current luck system. It's simply not logical that pure FMS gets almost the same precision and dodge as pure leader.
The luck in forts has too much impact. It really should be lowered. What's the purpose of dueler's crits if on a bad luck day he misses everyone?

Why shouldn't he get the same precision and dodge if the points are put in the right area or the player buys the right equipment.

So now you want the luck dropped for one class? Everyone misses at some time, and sometimes they hit.

What next after they drop the luck. They can still miss. You going to want a special do over button for them?

DeletedUser

???
Either I've posted something wrong that and can't determine what would that be, or you've misread something.
Pure FMS should not get the same dodge as pure leader. And it doesn't matter what class he is. Equipment? Yea right, pure FMS can use equipment to get the same amount of SP in leadership as pure leader has. Get serious or think about what I've said. With the current luck system in fort fights, the impact of someone's AP and SP distribution is almost irrelevant.

So now when we talk about fort fighting skills, we actually don't talk about SP, AP or bonuses.
We talk about these skills:
1. movement - the skill you learn as an experienced fort fighter - where to hide, when to go in front, where to move and get the most benefit to your team
2. diplomacy - priority of movement is mainly based on your rank, so with a bit of diplomacy you can squeeze a captain rank from every general
3. damage you deal - this is why I can't stand 0 motivation duelists, their level stagnates, they can't equip a good fort fight weapon because of their level and the damage they deal is too low to be useful, which brings us to the point that this is a skill of quick levelup - will you level up on NPCduels, jobs, quests or something else, it's your choice, but please just do it.
4. damage you can receive without getting killed - this one is simple - it's just your health and if you didn't invest AP/SP into it, buy +HP items!
5. luck - you can have 98267398474 HP, you can receive a fort weapon specially designed for you that deals minimum of 1000 damage and you can still get unlucky and miss everyone or die in the first round. this is the only fort skill you can't change by any means and is the most important one in the current system.

DeletedUser22575

???
Either I've posted something wrong that and can't determine what would that be, or you've misread something.
Pure FMS should not get the same dodge as pure leader. And it doesn't matter what class he is. Equipment? Yea right, pure FMS can use equipment to get the same amount of SP in leadership as pure leader has. Get serious or think about what I've said. With the current luck system in fort fights, the impact of someone's AP and SP distribution is almost irrelevant.

So now when we talk about fort fighting skills, we actually don't talk about SP, AP or bonuses.
We talk about these skills:
1. movement - the skill you learn as an experienced fort fighter - where to hide, when to go in front, where to move and get the most benefit to your team
2. diplomacy - priority of movement is mainly based on your rank, so with a bit of diplomacy you can squeeze a captain rank from every general
3. damage you deal - this is why I can't stand 0 motivation duelists, their level stagnates, they can't equip a good fort fight weapon because of their level and the damage they deal is too low to be useful, which brings us to the point that this is a skill of quick levelup - will you level up on NPCduels, jobs, quests or something else, it's your choice, but please just do it.
4. damage you can receive without getting killed - this one is simple - it's just your health and if you didn't invest AP/SP into it, buy +HP items!
5. luck - you can have 98267398474 HP, you can receive a fort weapon specially designed for you that deals minimum of 1000 damage and you can still get unlucky and miss everyone or die in the first round. this is the only fort skill you can't change by any means and is the most important one in the current system.

No Joxer. These are the fort fighting skills:

aim, leadership, stamina + dodge
and
aim leadership hide, dodge

So we do talk about SP, AP, and bonuses because they affect those skills.

What you have described as skills are not. What they are is in fact techniques you can use to improve your fort fighting ability.

And tbh I really think you are really confused about 0 mot duelers. They only thing you got right about them is they do have a tendency to level stagnate around level 52 or 53 a bit.

But other than that you are wrong.

O mot duelers level slower, but that is an advantage not a disadvantage to a good 0 mot because it gives them the time to acquire the money for absolutely the best equipment for their level.

On many occasions I have seen those who are not 0 mot have much poorer equipment because they leveled up so fast they hadn't had time to acquire the money to buy the best.

And the 0 mot I know have absolutely the same best precise fort gun for their level as those who are not 0 mot.

As far as their HP, that depends on the build type they are using, just like any other character build choice players might make.

When it comes to fort weapons and being useless as far as damage, from what I have consistently seen, it is players using brittle bows and weapons that were not precise far below what they could be using for their level, no matter what their build or class was.

DeletedUser

No Joxer. These are the fort fighting skills:

aim, leadership, stamina + dodge
and
aim leadership hide, dodge
You sure? Based on what I've seen, I bet things you've numbered exist only in traces when it comes to fort fight. And as such they can be completely ignored in the character build and they're not fort fight skills.

No comment on other things you said.