Should religion be illegal?

• Thread starter DeletedUser8950
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8950

It's a simple enough question-should religion be illegal?
Does it contribute to society? How many wars has it caused? How many people have been mislead?
Go, discuss.

DeletedUser

I don't believe the banning of religion would cause it to disappear at once,
but over a few centuries we might be rid of the plague that is religion if we were to outlaw it.

Religion fosters ignorance and bigotry, working against the progress of science and reason, etc.

DeletedUser

Banning religion has been known to work. During Soviet times religion was banned in all soviet republics. And what's the result? Well Estonia for example is the least religious country in the world, if you believe the studies.

DeletedUser

Banning religion has been known to work. During Soviet times religion was banned in all soviet republics. And what's the result? Well Estonia for example is the least religious country in the world, if you believe the studies.
Neat. If that is true, then I suggset we follow the glorious example of the Sovjet Union.

When it comes to ending religion, the ends do justify the means.

DeletedUser8950

Neat. If that is true, then I suggset we follow the glorious example of the Sovjet Union.

When it comes to ending religion, the ends do justify the means.
In America, you ban religion.
In soviet russia, religion ban you!

Yes, I think we should immedietly apply some sort of cap on religion, before an overall ban.

DeletedUser13682

It's impossible to ban religion everywhere in the world. It's in the first amendment of the American Constitution. Even put a little ban on a little bit of religion in America, and people freak out. It would be immediately brought to the Supreme Court and deemed unconstitutional. The only way for religion to be banned in America is if the first amendment is edited or repealed entirely. And the only way America will allow that to happen is if the vast majority of Americans really want religion to be banned, and vote in Congressmen who also want to ban religion. Most of America is religious, and would not do that, though atheism is on a slight rise, it would take centuries for enough Americans to become atheist, and even longer for them to want to ban religion.

I feel that if religion will be gone, than it will just grow out of fashion, like nearly everything else in human history. But banning religion will cause more problems than solutions. Mass rioting, armed violence, general chaos. Now, not in every country will that happen. I'm just giving extreme examples. But banning religion can cause more violence than religion itself has. I say just let it die out, if it will.

DeletedUser19643

No, I think its not up to people to tell other people what they can and can't believe in. I also don't think religion will die out.

DeletedUser

Only because they will come up with something new, like The Force.

DeletedUser9470

im for exactly what mr rose says, religion has wasted so many lives and recources...
over what?
my imaginary friend is batter than yours! yer i read in a book written by someone who cant write that my imaginary friend has wine as blood!!!
dont try smoking his hair though or u will have to go to a warm place where theres a constant party!

DeletedUser

Yah it might help society but there would be A LOT of unhappy people probably a bunch of Civil Wars would break out it would be every religion fights every other religion until one emerged victorious then religion would be made legal again and it just wouldn't be smart

DeletedUser

I never said i did go to church to tell the truth ive only been in a church once lol

DeletedUser8950

I tell you what, we ban religion and if it's not Gods plan I'm sure he'll let us know.
Precisely!
What better way fro atheists to prove the lack of a god, and for theists to prove the existence of a god.

DeletedUser

You all do realize that the government doing away with religion is Bible prphecy, right? This is the destruction of Babylon the Great
Once that happens, the Great Tribulation will take place soon followed quickly by Armageddon.

Then athiests will be proven wrong, and they'll be destroyed.

You can find this in the book of Revelation.

DeletedUser8950

You all do realize that the government doing away with religion is Bible prphecy, right? This is the destruction of Babylon the Great
Once that happens, the Great Tribulation will take place soon followed quickly by Armageddon.

Then athiests will be proven wrong, and they'll be destroyed.

You can find this in the book of Revelation.
Stop promoting your religion Blondie, I'm well aware of bible's prophecies.
Also, I touched on that-banning religion would be the only hope you could have of proving your crackpot beliefs.
And Babylon was destroyed a long time ago.
On topic-the above post proves how crazy religous people are-he seems to have some kind of perverse satisfaction in "knowing" that atheists (he spelt it wrong) will be wiped out. Religion has done this to our society, and we must act before it poisons more minds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not Babylon, Babylon the Great, refered to as a harlot in Revelation, you obviously are not aware of Bible prophecies, i don't think it's worth the time to explain who Babylon the Great is, since you're too ignorant to grasp the more deep things of the scriptures.

And i look foward to when the government bans religion, it's only a matter of time.

DeletedUser8950

Correction, I'm not aware of your distorted views of the bible.
You have been severely mislead by your religion in many matters, but that is neither here nor now.

See, you just prove my point-you look forward to the death of billions of people! This is why religion is dangerous. Crazy cooks making predictions that never come true. Blondie, look at the list of failed JW prophecies.

Predictions (by date of publication) include (I was lazy and got these from Wikipedia, but I can back up a few of those, and sources are provided):

• 1877: Christ's kingdom would hold full sway over the earth in 1914; the Jews, as a people, would be restored to God's favour; the "saints" would be carried to heaven.[54]
  • 1891: 1914 would be "the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men."[55]
  • 1904: "World-wide anarchy" would follow the end of the Gentile Times in 1914.[56]
  • 1916: World War I would terminate in Armageddon and the rapture of the "saints".[57]
  • 1917: In 1918, Christendom would go down as a system to oblivion and be succeeded by revolutionary governments. God would "destroy the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions." Church members would "perish by the sword of war, revolution and anarchy". The dead would lie unburied. In 1920 all earthly governments would disappear, with worldwide anarchy prevailing.[58]
  • 1920: Messiah's kingdom would be established in 1925 and bring worldwide peace. God would begin restoring the earth. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful patriarchs would be resurrected to perfect human life and be made princes and rulers, the visible representatives of the New Order on earth. Those who showed themselves obedient to God would never die.[59]
  • 1922: The antitypical "jubilee" that would mark God's intervention in earthly affairs in 1925 would take place in "probably the fall" of that year.[60] The chronology was described as "correct beyond a doubt",[46] "absolutely and unqualifiedly correct",[47] bearing "the stamp of approval of Almighty God"[47] and "too sublime to be the result of chance or of human invention".[47]
  • 1924: God's restoration of the Earth would begin "shortly after" October 1, 1925. Jerusalem would be made the world's capital. Resurrected "princes" such as Abel, Noah, Moses and John the Baptist would give instructions to their subjects around the world by radio, and aeroplanes would transport people to and from Jerusalem from all parts of the globe in just "a few hours".[61]
  • 1938: In 1938, Armaggedon was too close for marriage or child bearing.[62]
  • 1941: There were only "months" remaining until Armageddon.[63]
  • 1942: Armageddon was "immediately before us."[64]
  • 1966: It would be 6000 years since man's creation in the fall of 1975 and it would be "appropriate" for Christ's thousand-year reign to begin at that time.[65] Time was "running out, no question about that."[66] The "immediate future" was "certain to be filled with climactic events ... within a few years at most", the final parts of Bible prophecy relating to the "last days" would undergo fulfillment as Christ's reign began.
  • 1968: No one could say "with certainty" that the battle of Armageddon would begin in 1975, but time was "running out rapidly" with "earthshaking events" soon to take place.[67] In March 1968 there was a "short period of time left", with "only about ninety months left before 6000 years of man's existence on earth is completed".[68]
  • 1969: Human existence would not last long enough for young people to grow old; the world system would end "in a few years". Young Witnesses were told not to bother pursuing tertiary education for this reason.[69]
  • 1974: There was just a "short time remaining before the wicked world's end" and Witnesses were commended for selling their homes and property to "finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service".[70]
  • 1984: There were "many indications" that "the end" was closer than the end of the 20th century.[71]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.