1.27 update news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1693871

Also, with the ability to duel at any location on the map, what is the last 30 minutes before a fort fight gonna be like? Will everyone be trying to take out the opposition before the battle begins....

When you're signed up to a fort battle AND present at the fort, you aren't duellable. So while it could be entertaining mayhem, in practice what you're suggesting won't occur unless they remove that 'battle for the fort' duelling protection.

DeletedUser

Well, that helps that, then. Did he say anything about energy regen?

EDIT:

Ah, so no change there. Oh, dear...

Nothing was said about energy regen. And the line you quoted would fit to both possibilities, doubled and unchanged regen rate. Even with a doubled energy regen rate, you'd still have to sleep twice as often as before.

Thanks! I tried translating that page, but my result was so garbled that I couldn't understand the end result :blink:

Sorry to ask again, but did that post mention anything about item drops?

Nothing was said specifically about item drops, only about products. However since products, XP and wages are affected, I don't see a reason why the rate of item drops wouldn't change respectively.

DeletedUser

Nothing was said about energy regen. And the line you quoted would fit to both possibilities, doubled and unchanged regen rate. Even with a doubled energy regen rate, you'd still have to sleep twice as often as before.

Yeah... though at least a doubled regen rate would cut the sleep-time in half. Doesn't sound like that's gonna happen, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've seen some talk about how this update is going to favor the duellist.

Now, how is an update going to favor them by making ppl sleep ALOT more often?

DeletedUser

I've seen some talk about how this update is going to favor the duellist.

Now, how is an update going to favor them by making ppl sleep ALOT more often?

Because sooner or later people will leave their town to go to work. And any smart (or bullying, depending on our point of view) dueller will just stay at a silver mine or an oil field and attack whoever comes there. There's no need for the dueller to travel around from city to city to find a target. He can just become a highwayman. Of course the poor hotel tactic won't work well then, so he'd have to be prepared to get hit back.

Diggo11

Because sooner or later people will leave their town to go to work. And any smart (or bullying, depending on our point of view) dueller will just stay at a silver mine or an oil field and attack whoever comes there. There's no need for the dueller to travel around from city to city to find a target. He can just become a highwayman. Of course the poor hotel tactic won't work well then, so he'd have to be prepared to get hit back.
Don't forget we will eventually have "ambushes", so other town members will also play a strategic role.

DeletedUser9470

any smart dueller after cash wont be anywhere near those jobs
like ive said before.
if you are afte a cashcow, then you are looking for a noob who cant bank his cash to save his life.
do you recon cash jobs are done by these kind of noobs?
of course not.
i find a guy nearly every day who gives me over 1k cash and not one has been a high level silver miner.

DeletedUser15605

I feel inclined to post something on this. The idea of the game isn't to make everything easy to do. As players it's our duty to find ways round the hurdles placed before us and solve problems posed.
As previously mentioned you get the same result for 1 hour as you do 2.
It should be easier. Before you could only work 4 hours then have to log on again.
This way you can do 2 hours (with same cash etc.) and catch up on some sleep. That way your safe if you can't log on for a while.
As you can queue 3 tasks (non-prem) i really don't see a problem with it.
2 hours work for same rewards and a sleep before logging on again.
Gets my vote.

DeletedUser5597

I know for sure I will haunt the premium users as a dueler after the update.

DeletedUser

battleground

since you now have to find your dueling victims can you atleast have a little spot somwhere on the map duelers can go to fight other duelers or anyone that wants to fight

DeletedUser21320

since you now have to find your dueling victims can you atleast have a little spot somwhere on the map duelers can go to fight other duelers or anyone that wants to fight

Unfortunately, that isn't how *this* game is played. Try to think of it as "armed robbery" instead of "dueling". No robber wants a fair fight.

DeletedUser

When you're signed up to a fort battle AND present at the fort, you aren't duellable. So while it could be entertaining mayhem, in practice what you're suggesting won't occur unless they remove that 'battle for the fort' duelling protection.

Yes - if you signed up and are present at the fort - there is no problem.
But you have to be online just when you arrive at the fort to sign up immediately or you can be dueled in the meantime.

Also - many people come early to the fort and have time and energy to do some work -
that would be the time when some dueler can get off on say 20 workers before the battle.

It was not quite clear if they would remove the 10 minute waiting time in a duel.
If this was removed - a dueler can even get the people sleeping near the fort to gain hp -
he just watches closely the town and kills off anyone waking up to travel the minute distance to the fort.

DeletedUser

he just watches closely the town and kills off anyone waking up to travel the minute distance to the fort.
Do people really go so far as to continually refresh a towns saloon, in order to do something like this?

DeletedUser

this picture says a lot about the update.
devshot-76-work.jpg

you can see near the horn of a cow a premium option,most probably to increasy the chance of finding it(actualy the pic is full of those gizmo's). Good thing these options wont be on the older worlds without us wanting cus I realy dont want them.(and I hope most of the others dont)

DeletedUser

this picture says a lot about the update.
View attachment 1158

you can see near the horn of a cow a premium option,most probably to increasy the chance of finding it(actualy the pic is full of those gizmo's). Good thing these options wont be on the older worlds without us wanting cus I realy dont want them.(and I hope most of the others dont)

Wow, that looks sweet.

Then again, I'm a sucker for "new"

DeletedUser

Isn't there already a premium for that? :)

Diggo11

I think all these little gimmicks were mainly introduced for the Asian markets where Inno's marker research shows these things are really popular and hereby profitable. I doubt many of them will be run here...

DeletedUser

If people can be dueled from anywhere now without the travel then essentially If I am understanding this right, duelers can just camp on good money jobs so adventurers such as myself can be dueled over and over again in a matter of minutes?

As some people say that it isnt fair someone can't be dueled if they don't belong to a town, maybe there are people that don't want to be dueled all the damn time. I do belong to a town but seriously, other than those that want to duel there are a lot of people that don't want to be dueled all the time.

So, while people complain of all the worlds and not having enough people playing them, why don't we chase away even more people, makes perfect sense. While some of you don't care, essentially this game will be nothing more than all duelers at some point with no adventurers to raise money for your towns or workers to build them.

So, there does need to be some sort of protection for those that don't want to be dueled all the time.

DeletedUser544

here is my other issue with the dueling update
it does nothing to fix the problem of sleep-duelers
who put all their skills into appearance, and then sleep in your towns hotel all day, popping out to do a duel and then going back to sleep in the hotel

it is IMPOSSIBLE to challenge someone to a duel who does that
regardless if I have to walk to their town or if I can just challenge them where they are on the map

so you claim the updates to the duel system will fix duelers setting up camp and harassing a town, because the town can all challenge them back
well, that is completely false
because most duelers who camp have became sleep-duelers

the problem with this is it makes it impossible for any player who is not PURE DEFENSE build to withstand an attack from a player who has 250 appearance and 0 tactics
so eventually, we will have two types of duel builds left in the world:
1. sleep-duelers who have some ridiculously high appearance
2. soldiers who have some ridiculously high tactics

soldiers will be the only ones who can stop pure appearance sleep duelers
they will have to put all their skills in tactics; if they split between tactics and appearance (so they can be strong in attack and defense) they will always lose when challenged by a pure appearance dueler

I see this as ultimately stagnating and ruining dueling
as a dueler, you have to choose whether you will be pure attack cheap sleep-dueler who hides in hotels all day and pops out to get wins and then immediately returns to sleep... or pure defense soldier with all tactics, who can only win duels when someone attacks them

so yeah, camping problem is not fixed by this update
so what does the update really do?

well one thing it does is completely change everything (rules, strategy, etc) that anyone who has been playing the past 1-2 years built their character around
another thing is it makes it much harder to be an attack dueler; because now when you are dueling people, you will constantly have to be worried about whether someone is challenging you while you are challenging someone else
before, I could look and see if someone is in my town trying to hunt me while I duel and hunt myself
now, I approach a town and anyone in that town could potentially be attacking me; there is no way to gauge if someone is hunting you

DeletedUser

I have to admit I have no patience to read all your post. But I will reply to the bit I did read.
Well, it does solve a bit the problem of sleep-duelers, or as I like to call them: campers.
While they have to be in a town or fort to sleep, they have to be at your location to duel you. If you are working on a job this means: they need to walk to the job location from a town/fort where they interrupt the sleep, duel you then get back to the town/fort to sleep again. This will take more than the actual duel time, like it is now. This makes them available for a longer time. They either wait for you at a town location, or drop the camping trend. They can't continue in the same way.
I don't know about you, but I have figured out who the campers are. With the new duel on spot system I have a greater chance to finish the duel against them then before, since they will have to be up for more than 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.