Passed Persistent Quests

• Thread starter The Yellow Dart
  • Start date

Would you like to see this idea added to the game?

• Yes

Votes: 71 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

love this idea but i don't get what you mean by diminishing values. does that mean like u get less reward from the quest?

DeletedUser

love this idea but i don't get what you mean by diminishing values. does that mean like u get less reward from the quest?

Ah! I will make my intent more clear in the initial post... I actually used the wrong wording... it's not "diminishing returns," it's "supply and demand." I just can't think of a plural-noun-form of supply and demand's results... "supply-correlative-returns?" ACK!! Gross. Thanks for the question... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How do feature suggestions end up in the development discussion forum? It seems rather obvious that everyone would enjoy this feature... nobody has shot it down, which is relatively rare in these arenas. I would hate to see the idea die under the weight of stagnation, so is there a "next step?"

Any veteran forum-eers have advice on this?

DeletedUser

Thanks, sdjx22. Now I just have to pray Gem wanders by here and gets excited! :)

DeletedUser

I really like the idea of continuous or persistant quests, but I think it is important to make them difficult, so they are not just an easy way to farm experience and/or money.
The Quests: Once the quest is accepted, they appear in the quest log as usual, BUT you must physically return to the orange location to collect rewards.
This could become pointless as people would just not bother going to the quest giver until they had the items required, then accept and complete the quest all at once.
My solution would be to just have the one quest giver (a copy of him/her in each county, like for some class quest givers), and have each quest randomly selected, from a set of prewritten mini-quests, when you go and talk to them (you could not reset to a different random quest by cancelling). This would also solve the "diminshing returns" issue.

DeletedUser

This could become pointless as people would just not bother going to the quest giver until they had the items required, then accept and complete the quest all at once.
My solution would be to just have the one quest giver (a copy of him/her in each county, like for some class quest givers), and have each quest randomly selected, from a set of prewritten mini-quests, when you go and talk to them (you could not reset to a different random quest by cancelling). This would also solve the "diminshing returns" issue.

Just a note... stockpiling items and then going to the quest giver is actually a bad idea, given the diminishing returns factor. If you collect consecutive rewards from the same NPC, then it'll blow your profits, similar to working on a job until its motivation is down to 40%, etc. It's better to work a job for only 6-8 consecutive hours and then wait 4 days, or else you'll be spinning your wheels. Diminishing returns has the same effect on PQ's.

I do like your idea, though. It's something to think about.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of Persistant quests and worked it into my town quests idea a while back . the only thing that bugs me a bit is that the quest givers are spread thrughout the world and i dont see someone traveling 12 sectors over to do a quest. Thus i would propose the quest giver be either in the town hall or the general store of an individual town .

DeletedUser

Lorgos, George Hurst suggested placing the quest givers in each county. I would be fine with that, myself.

DeletedUser

I'd love to get a moderator's feedback on this. It seems to be a unanimous "yes," but that's meaningless without attention from "important people." I hate bumping threads... anyone have any advice for getting some mod-love?

DeletedUser

Hopefully they add it, I think there aren't many ideas added into the game, but the ideas suggested are so great.

DeletedUser

I'd be honored to see this thread make it into the Development Discussions, but I'd also like to get some more feedback. I feel like some of the fundamental mechanics I outlined in the proposal could use some tweaking.

Your $.02? Gem? What's you're honest opinion?

DeletedUser

I was just thinking this should go to a vote. Has anyone put in it the great ideas sticky?

Status
Not open for further replies.