Passed Persistent Quests

• Thread starter The Yellow Dart
  • Start date

Would you like to see this idea added to the game?

• Yes

Votes: 71 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I still like it, and any ideas to add more quests and more interesting quests.

DeletedUser

I really like the idea. Would certainly help fill the slow spots between the saloon quests.

DeletedUser14280

I like this idea (the OP).
One thing though, maybe you should be able to do the opposite quest, but it requires higher prequisites than normal if you've been doing the other one.

DeletedUser

sounds REALLY addictive.
I like the idea of having one in each map square.

Couple suggestions:
Why not have each map square have a different persistent quest??? Obviously the first 4/8 squares on the RIGHT of the map need lower level requirements [since that is where everyone begins], while the rest could be randomly distributed [so people can't plan cities ahead of time].

Another possibility is require some sort of game event to happen before they originally appear, like a town in square reaches 3000 XP [or level 5 hotel] [for like a low level quest] or medium fort is completed [for a relatively high level quest].

DeletedUser

I like the idea of Persistent Quests being dependent upon game events. To take it further, perhaps some of them could also be dependent on world/yearly events! Some PQ's may become available during "special" time period. Thanksgiving week may provide a PQ relating to Native Americans and Settlers working together, etc. Other PQ's could occur randomly for a week or month; such as one relating to a major railroad being built. It might require iron rods, hammers, spikes, wood, or other items. With each completion, the player receives a standard reward; and once the player has completed the quest enough times, he/she receives a special novelty product (like a commemorative railroad spike, etc), in addition to an increased, final reward.

PQ's that take place during windows of time would add depth to the game's story and play value -- something for players to look forward to.

DeletedUser14280

I think they should just be "quests that you can do again for more rewards". Simple.

It's not really necessary to add time constraints and such, we just want some quests that we can do again.

Status
Not open for further replies.