Sonia Sotomayor

DeletedUser

Congrats Gizmo. You finally made a post where you spelled every word correctly!

Now to stay on topic. This woman is not a racist. I think we've seen from the posts who is and who is not.

DeletedUser

Gizmo, you are the one that is afraid of a group of Mexicans. Unless you can answer me why you think that picture you posted is scary?

look at the women screaming if you were they would you be scared if someone was screaming with that sign from a group that calls themself "the race"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My mom started a support group for dyslexics called D.A.M (Mothers Against Dyslexia) They meet on the 12th or the 21st of each month, not sure which.

Back on topic, I hope she gets the position

@giz, I have no idea what you were just trying to say there. Read that sentence again giz.

DeletedUser

first off Divest you stard this thread

second David Crocket basicly invited me to post

I started the thread and I'm asking you to leave forever. You are ignorant and uneducated and there really is no hope for you. If this were a discussion in person I would have blahblahblahblahblahcensored for your racist opinions of the world. Violence doesn't solve anything, but at least I get to blahblahblahblaheditedandcutout because you're so blissfully ignorant and pompous about your views.

David didn't invite you, which is reading comprehension fail on your part as usual. Here's what I want you to do: Go back and re-read his post about six times, then smack yourself for being who you are: An uninformed, racist. I'm not making personal attacks, I'm stating facts.

DeletedUser

That is like saying "Surprised I haven't caught herpes yet". Doesn't mean you want them.

DeletedUser

No, that was a comment and almost a sigh of relief on his part, although short lived. And the reason he posted it was because Sonia is the one who voted down your firemen tests.

DeletedUser

I didn't get extreamly offended by what she said (let's face it, people say stupid stuff all the time) but I do want to know why she thinks that a white male can't have a richness of life experience? I've seen my friends overdose, shoot themselves, shoot others, and get shot. I've been involved in gangs, was even asked to go on a drive by, and basically seen and been a part of the worst parts of our society and come out of it(Thank you Jesus. Can of worms opened). Shouldn't those life experiences make me more qualified to create laws dealing with those aspects of our society than these Ivy league lawers on the Supreme Court? They have their studies, I have hands on experience.

DeletedUser

It's not about being offended, it's about being worried. Race is clearly some sort of priority to her, but her statement was too vague to determine just how important. I wouldn't flat out say that she is a racist, but if she believes that skin is important to the point where someone white couldn't possibly understand or experience what she has, then she's bias and wrong. Every person who's experienced life outside from a silver spoon has life experience to fall back on (well, not every one, but most people).

DeletedUser

Everyone has personal opinions, based on whatever experiences they have had in life. However, there is a big difference between having opinions and applying those opinions in contradiction to the letter of the law. Sotomayor has an impressive record in representing the letter of the law.

DeletedUser

Also I think I brought up a valid point. Why is Sarah Palin not a racist when she is tied to a group that wants to secede from the US.

Because their reasons for wanting to cede have nothing to do with race. Duh. What a dumb question.

Every person who's experienced life outside from a silver spoon has life experience to fall back on (well, not every one, but most people).

She seems to think that every white male has lived eating off a silver spoon.

DeletedUser

The NCLR is a federally funded program. The Alaskan Independence Party is not. So let's not start calling the NCLR a racist organization bent on bringing down white America while trying to secede based on race.

Even if they want to secede based on race why is that any more treasonous than trying to secede based on a bunch of hogwash? Oh, that's right. Because you can easily see the color of someone's skin and not the color of their thoughts.

No questions are dumb JM. But I expect that sort of statement from you since you blindly believe everything in the bible and are scared of science.

DeletedUser

And the drama continues:

In an attempt to defend what Sotomayor said, the Democrats just released a speech she did back in 1994, where she said that a woman would make a better judge than a man. See, Sotomayor and the Democrats arn't racist, just sexist.

DeletedUser14366

Quoting a world news source here...

"The biggest problem I have with her hiring is that she is going to be the pre-ordained Chief of Staff to whoever Obama decides on asking to be VP. Now, Chief of Staff is the most important position a politician has on his staff, the right hand man. So to say to whoever is going to be VP that they MUST use her as their chief of staff is bizarre. The candidate for Vice President should be able to choose who his or her most important staff member is. Don’t you think? I mean here’s Obama, “Won’t you be my running mate? Oh by the way I don’t trust you to make the right decisions about your own staff.” That don’t fly.
This also basically eliminates Hillary from the running of VP. Why is that? Because Patti Solis Doyle was in charge of some of the biggest screw ups of the early Clinton primary campaign. Clinton fired her. Now Obama is going to pick Clinton as his running mate and then say, “Oh, by the way, this woman you fired is going to be in charge of all your junk.” That makes no sense to me.

On a related note, this does not help to mend fences with the Hillary people.

DeletedUser

What are you talking about? Obama is going to pick Clinton as his running mate? Helloooooooooooo. Elections are over. Biden is VP. Can we at last have current news content and/or opinions?

DeletedUser14366

I was not posting in ref to time frame, but to indicate the manner she was obtaining her position. I was not aware that it had to be in todays news.

Sorry, I don't even live in the US. I will just not bother you all about your politics.
I am only here to play a game.

DeletedUser

Hmm, so if you have no idea what is being discussed, and you grab a blog post that is almost a year old and not relevant to the discussion at hand, and then pose a conclusion that is not related to the material you presented, and then claim you don't live in the U.S. as your excuse, how is it you are able to extricate your head from the crevice between your legs every morning?

Just wondering...

DeletedUser

It's not about being offended, it's about being worried. Race is clearly some sort of priority to her, but her statement was too vague to determine just how important. I wouldn't flat out say that she is a racist, but if she believes that skin is important to the point where someone white couldn't possibly understand or experience what she has, then she's bias and wrong. Every person who's experienced life outside from a silver spoon has life experience to fall back on (well, not every one, but most people).

Just to throw a spanner in the works, is it necessarily a bad thing that a judge might have a particular sensitivity to/awareness of race issues, considering how greatly the minority races are effected by the law & the application the law? (ie; Like the fact that non-whites make up 70% of the incarcerated population.)

I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with saying that your identity and experience give you a perspective that some others might not have. If I say I understand something in a particular way because I am a woman, I do not think that means that I am sexist. Nor do I think it means that all women will share that perspective, or that that perspective cannot be had unless you are a woman.

And even if those implications are there (as with the contrast she made), I still don't think it is an unreasonable stretch to say that sex or ethnicity significantly effects the liklihood of certain experiences as well as shaping the way those experiences are perceived.

DeletedUser

I can guarantee you I have not had the same experiences as everyone else. What makes up the differences in our experiences? EVERYTHING!