This here Reputation thing

DeletedUser

It might be that players with a higher title (ie more posts) OR a higher rep themselves give out more valuable rep-points? (2 points instead of 1 per click).

Let's break the rep-formula! :p

DeletedUser

my cp just shows

there is no subscribed threads, nothing more. no reputation
If you have not been given any reputaion then the forum software (vBulletin) will not display the box. As soon as you are given some it will display.

When I get the chance I'll have a look at the manual for vBulletin and see it I can come up with a definitive answer on the questions of how many points are you given each time and how many you start off with.

DeletedUser

From the vBulletin manual, these are the factors which effect how much anybody's rep is worth...
  • Register Date Factor
    The number of reputation points that a user is able to give or take is dependant on several factors, with the length they have been registered as one of them. A user's power is first initialized at 1 and then this factor and the factors that follow are used to increase it. For example if you set this to 365, every 365 days that the user has been a member of your forum, they would gain one point. So if they have been a member for five years, they would gain 5 points of power for a total of 6.
  • Post Count Factor
    The amount of posts that a user has can also affect their reputation power. Set this to number of posts that you want to award one point for. For example, set this to 50 and for a user with 500 posts, they would gain 10 points of power.
  • Reputation Point Factor
    The users current reputation score can also affect their reputation power. Set this to 100 and a user with a reputation of 1000 would gain 10 points of reputation power. If you set any of the power factors to 0, that will effectively remove that factor from having an effect on the user's reputation power.
  • Minimum Post Count
    If the reputation system is enabled, anyone will be able to rate a post but only users with a post count above the level you set here will be able to actually give points or take points from another user.
  • Minimum Reputation Count
    As with the post count above, a user must have a reputation above this level to be able to give or take points from another user's score.
So I don't think we'll be able to crack the code. Too many variables. :)

DeletedUser

wow your not kidding i didnt realize there was so much involved in it....

DeletedUser

From the vBulletin manual, these are the factors which effect how much anybody's rep is worth...
[/list]
So I don't think we'll be able to crack the code. Too many variables. :)
I just wanted to try and give the users a better idea of how it worked. You did it most admirably (and saved me some reading) for which I take great pleasure in awarding you some reputation.:)

DeletedUser

thanx violette, i can see the rep now. it shows 11 points total. what does that mean?

DeletedUser

You should be able to see the last 5 reps people have given you (have you expanded the section?)

red = neg rep
green = pos rep
bluey grey = rep with no points

I can't tell you what it "means" because you are the only one who can see that. There are a lot of people who don't use the rep system as well, so I wouldn't invest too much time worrying about the meaning. The value/accuracy is limited.

If you notice a new pos rep in there at some stage, that is nice. If there is a neg one, a comment is compulsory so you can judge if the person who gave it to you was just being moronic or has a legitimate point (although you don't spam or anything like that so neg rep should be unlikely).

If it is grey/blue, you can't tell whether it was intended as good or bad except by the comment. If there is no comment, it was definitely pos.

A lot of people put their initials next to their comments, so you'll know who it is from. That probably increases the use of the rep system and makes more people likely to rep the repper in return.

DeletedUser

If that is the only rep in your list, it must mean that everyone starts on 10 points.

DeletedUser

I have had only one rep (a positive) and I have 13 points. So do some people give more points than others?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I really have no idea what this reputation system thigny is, can someone please explain to me all about it! How is it calculated if you have a good reputation or not?

DeletedUser

I keep forgetting we have that whole reputation thing going on. Mine is 17 I guess that is ok they are all greens:)

DeletedUser

That just means the person who gave you reputation was not established enough on the forum for it to have counted. If someone is brand new on here and they go around giving rep it actually wont count. It shows up as that blue grey. Violette's earlier post explains it better than I can.