Tents

DeletedUser

you know how you only get like 3 points of energy per hour and you can only regain energy by going into hotels

it would be cool if you can sleep like wherever you want but you will need to have like a tent or somthing and their are higher risks and not as much energy is regained but i think its a good idea

DeletedUser1105

Definately a good idea. You'd have to buy a tent first, and then maybe you got 5 points per hour instead of 3.

DeletedUser

wow thats a good idea like camp anywhere you like.
oooo and you can type how many hours you want to sleep for

DeletedUser

yes! But it would have to be a minimum hrs of sleep (like 4) I mean, if you're gonna take the time to pitch a tent, your gonna take some time to sleep in it! Who in reality would spend 20 minutes to put up a tent, sleep for 1 hr and then spend another 20 minutes taking it down.

Yes, i know it's a game - but it has some reality influences. Think mid-1800's Western America when they had thick, heavy canvas tents that took 2 men nearly an hr just putting the thing up (nearly impossible to do by oneself as the center stake would almost always fall over while securing the ends)

Not at all like today's light-weight nylon that take 5-20 minutes for 1 man to accomplish - but even in that context, who takes the time to pitch a tent and break it down in the same hr? How many Spaghetti Western have we seen with the cowpokers sleeping around a campfire under the open skies with not but a single wool poncho?

And since we're talking about energy recovery; why not gain 1 extra energy for every 15 minutes in prayer? I mean the Church is a place of solitude and insight.... With a simple program code change a resourceful player could then recover 7 points of energy per hr (assuming of course they keep queing up the prayers...)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i see your point but i mean like a tent..
after awile they get use to it oh!
a camping skill lol

DeletedUser

well if we recuperate 3 pts per hr and an 8 hr sleep in Hotel completely refurbishes your character? Why not pitch the tent for 4 hrs and regain 20 energy?

mathematically speaking 4hrs "do nothing rest" = 12 pts energy recovery
4hrs "pup-tent sleep rest" = 20 pts energy recovery
8 hrs "hotel sleep" = full recovery

my idea<<15 min prayer = 1 energy recovery>>

DeletedUser

single point recovery

Can we get a game mod to review this thread?

DeletedUser

ooooooooooo my idea was good theres a first but yea i would like to get a moderator to see this

DeletedUser

how would we acquire a tent?
1) gather 10 cotton, & 10 wool and have it created (quest item)
2) have it accessable at a lvl 1 market where it can be purchased for $100

DeletedUser

You might even have to be a certain level with certain skills to be able to acquire it.

DeletedUser

Like a toughness of 13 and a minimum lvl of 8 (??)

Yea, I agree it should be rare - like a quest item

DeletedUser

requrements: 2 wood, 5 cotton

sleep: 5 pnts hour

high risk of attack

that would be great

DeletedUser

requrements: 2 wood, 5 cotton, 3 wool

sleep: 5 pnts / hour (minimum use: 4 hr intervals)

high risk of attack

Skill requirements: toughness 10, hiding 3

DeletedUser1105

Yeah definately link it to skills and such. And if someone challenges you to a dual whilst you are in your tent, you have less chance of winning...