Town Jails

DeletedUser

To counter the abuse of the duelers that keep attacking other players, have a buildable/upgradeable jail that they can be locked up in for a certain amount of time.

DeletedUser

thisis in the games plans i do believe but idont know if its for that purpose

DeletedUser

If anything I think you may get away w/ it IF you make the jail for duelers that challenged you and lost.

After all, you have to catch them before you can throw them into jail.

DeletedUser

is everyone els really against duelers?
if this get implemented will workers promise to stop complaining?

yes. for it to work ull have to beat the dueler. and i dont think thats enough ull have to pass out the dueler b4 you can throw him in jail.

cuz im sure as hell not goin in quietly. and any true dueler would agree if im not beaten to an inch of my life u aint puttin me in jail.

DeletedUser

Certainly people who repeatedly abuse duellers should be put in jail. You have my full support.

DeletedUser

Personally I think dueling is the fun part of this game, that and finding items.

Well I figure if you challenge someone and lose a 1-2hr jail time would be an acceptable consequence. That way you'd lose more than just energy. But then the jail would have to protect your funds the same way the hotel does.

I've never challenged someone and had them knock me out before, but I guess if you are that arrogant/foolish, then perhaps maybe you should serve your 48 hr no dueling sentence in a jail.

DeletedUser

hahaha. and those who gets thrown in jail will get repeated message every 5 seconds
on how fair the system is to workers

a taste of ur own medicine to get it thru that thick skull

DeletedUser

No, I am adventurer, Worker and dueller (on different worlds) and I disagree, I have tasted both sides and must say being a dueller is hard enough as it is, just competing with other duellers, as an adventurer I make tons of money and as a builder even more (oddly), a dueller relies on duelling adventurers now and then, this is just another ploy against the dueller? I mean ok I attack Mr Adventurer and beat him stealing $40 (he must have 400$ on him never mind what is in his bank account), then he tells Mr Hero (his towns best dueller) who is 3 levels higher than me and much stronger, he takes me out, I go to jail, then what?..... he just keeps doing it after that to teach me a lesson, I quit the game because after all whats the point in gettin my ass kicked, we might as well all go workers and adventurers and call this game "The Untouchables" ?

DeletedUser

Like I said, I disagree w/ the idea, however, it could work if you only go to jail when you challenge someone and lose to them, not if you are challenged and lose. That would make it impossible and suck the fun out of it.

Btw, Im an adventurer not a dueler, and I still dont think that duelers need to be "kept in check." After all, we all had the same options of picking our character(s). If you find that duelers have more of an advantage, you should choose that character type next time.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I like the idea of a jail, but for the town sheriff to put people in.

How about making players that the sheriff has caught attacking other towns member (doesn't have to be cheaters) pay to get out of jail, either pay or wait their time.

DeletedUser

How about making players that the sheriff has caught attacking other towns member (doesn't have to be cheaters) pay to get out of jail, either pay or wait their time.

caught you mean duelled and KOd? sounds good

DeletedUser

Okay Whose guarding the jail? As a dueller, can I go break out my comrade?

DeletedUser

that would be a good twist bossman...usually its the sheriff and a deputy or two (could be in proportion to town size)

DeletedUser

its another job that you could do in town like i have said on aa thread of mine.

but i dont like this idea cause its like the guy on the other page people will just keep getting their muscle on each other

DeletedUser

I like this pay or wait - like Monopoly :)

Imo, town jails should be implemented when town shootouts are implemented.

So say Town A fights Town B, the town that loses gets to be locked for perhaps 3-5 hours unless they pay to get out from Town Treasury.

That would add a new dimension to the town shootout other than just mass dueling or KOs which we are already practising at this point.

DeletedUser

yea... but i think max jail time should be around 2 to 8 hours so that the dueler in jail won't get bored and not have to wait for 3 days to finally return to normal play...

DeletedUser

how will town fights work will it be top dueller on top dueller then 2nd vs 2nd

or will it be choose who you want

DeletedUser8054

I just recon there should be a limit on how many times you can attack the same town in a day.