Town Jails

DeletedUser

this would be a great idea.

You K.O the dueler he gets imprissoned for 8 hours or a 100$ bail.

this would stop them hoaring town builders as there is the slight chance they can loose ;)

DeletedUser

Jailhouse proposal

This is a very bad re-hash of the other, better jail thread.

You mean this thread? >>now locked<<

Yes, SDJ there were a lot of good and valid points in that discussion that should be rehashed...
So to rehash and format this idea a bit...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Current View
As I am sure you are aware, many people have suggested a Jail and it's function in many alternate forms. The general consensus is that a game called The-West Without a Jailhouse is just not grasping the full scope of the genre.

The Proposed Idea
A Jail would benefit the town in Defense in many various ways..
1) as an added percentage bonus when Gaurding the town as proposed in this thread
2) add an extra dimension to the Bounty Idea as proposed in this thread

HOW IT WOULD WORK

The Building
  • Requires a lvl 3 TownHall to be unlocked
  • Building requirements for upgrades and constructionare just like any other building construction
  • It pays a token wage and XP, for example 5% Wage, 5% XP. It would have 0% Luck, and the danger would be a bit higher as workers are using sturdier building materiel
  • Each lvl of the jail would offer greater benefits to the town

The Benefits:

• the Jail can hold up to three prisoners per level.
  • 10 pointts to the town's pt score (or whatever the dev's feel appropriate) per level
  • 1 bounty per level may be posted.
  • DUELLER A comes to town, queues up a duel against WORKER A. A small (3-5%) chance of the Dueler getting caught correspond with the limits alreayd imposed on the game, then the interception cannot take place and DUELLER A duels his intended target as normal. If the duelling levels of GUARD A and DUELLER A are acceptable, then in the background it works out (using GUARD A's percentage of interception after taking off DUELLER A's hiding deduction) if he get's intercepted. Then one of two things happen:
    1) DUELLER A is not intercepted. The intended duel with WORKER A goes ahead as normal. The normal motivation and energy cost is spent. OR:
    2) DUELLER A is intercepted. In effect the guard has instigated a duel with the dueller. This costs the guard the usual duel motivation and energy but does not cost the dueller any. He duels GUARD A. The duel happens instantly, the dueller does not have the option to cancel. Then one of two things happen again:
    2a) GUARD A wins the duel. The defeated DUELLER A is unable to attack either GUARD A or WORKER A within the next hour. He is free to attack other members as usual. It has only cost him nothing.
    2b) DUELLER A wins the duel. He gains the usual XP and any money (if the guard is silly enough to have some on him). He then duels WORKER A in the usual manner with a ten minute delay as normal. This duel costs him NO motivation and energy and is played as usual. He has the option to cancel this duel if s/he wishes

Other:
A jailhouse would open many possibilities to the game play of The-West Such as new quests...

• Jailbreak: A multi-player 'quest' that requires a ton of labor points to be 'pooled' in order to complete.
  • Bailbonds: The prisoner may post bail with 10% fee going directly to the town's treasury. Or the prisoner's hometown could post bail.
  • Bounty: Towns can then set bounty for repeat offenders.

NOTE
A third type of bank transaction would be applied. A new "bounty / bail" fund... The cash pooled in this account would first available and unlocked with the completion of the Jailhouse level 1.

Monies would be trickled in at 1% of towns' treasury donation.
Players would also have the ability to either direct deposit into the Bail / Bounty fund or the Town Treasury as normal.

Only the Mayor (or Sheriff) can post a Bounty to have a renegade player "arrested" or to pay the bail for one of their townsfolk who has been incarcerated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sdjx22 said:
Why?
Obviously, this would take a lot of work on your part, but myself and the other members of the forum believe that it would add a lot of extra gameplay to the game, and it benefits EVERY class. As I am sure you are aware, there are many discussions about the percieved injustices of the current duelling system, and a lot of people dislike it. There have been many people thinking of many different ideas to combat this. None have been able to do what this idea has done, which is to get the united backing of people who play as duellers as well as those that don't.

That being said... Let's discuss;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

bumped or reading!
C'mon guys, this is a half-decent proposal!

DeletedUser

why dont you just take out the class?everything is against the dueler!

DeletedUser

it's not only against the dueler.. I'm an adventurer and I duel allot.. so It wil also get me... but It makes the game much more fun I think...

DeletedUser

why dont you just take out the class?everything is against the dueler!

No it's not... You're not reading the whole issue.
The Jail would add a dynamic to the game that involves more interaction in the game... Anybody can duel anybody. The Jail is not exclusively "anti-duelist"

If the idea is implemented it would allow several features to be used
1) it allows players to be incarcerated
2) it unlocks the 'Bounty' option
3) it improves the towns defenses against aggresive players

there are so many ideas out here in the BrainFarts room, that seem to suggest a Jail, that it become pivitol and almost hinges on the 'change of concept' rule that Ulthor has expressed...

DeletedUser

And yet i still keep seeing other posts in referances to a JAIL in a third of all thread, EXCEPT this one (w...e...i...r...d)

DeletedUser

No it's not... You're not reading the whole issue.
The Jail would add a dynamic to the game that involves more interaction in the game... Anybody can duel anybody. The Jail is not exclusively "anti-duelist"

its not exclusively anti duelist but it is mainly anti duelist

DeletedUser

its not exclusively anti duelist but it is mainly anti duelist

If you choose to see it that way, then nobody can sway your opinion...
If the jail coincides with bounites then once a bounty is set and collected the wanted would be incarcated... And Since a Sheriff or Mayor can set a Bounty against anyone, well you get the idea...

Thing is ANYONE can duel ANYONE at ANY given time, It's just that Duelers do it best. Additionally a Jail would be a precusor to multi-player 'shared' quests as suggested in this locked thread (for continued discussion on Team Jobs see this thread