Tabbed Inventories

DeletedUser

That is fine if you have 4 hats, 4 neckbands, and 4 shirts. Gets a little messy when you have 5 of one, 6 of another and 9 of yet another. But whatever. Lets do it. I don't really care. Seems silly but not important enough to argue about. So bring it on. I want headers on all my gear so I know what they are. While you are at it can we have it in braille for those with bad or no vision? :p

DeletedUser

Why is it killing you that hats aren't labeled hats? Why do you need that extra little reassurance that the Gray Cap you have is really a hat?

Diggo11

I don't need the labels to tell my hats are hats :dry:

I think it would simply look better and be easier with horizontal line breaks in it.

DeletedUser

Do me a favor Diggo. Do a mockup of an inventory that has 7 hats, 3 shirts, 6 shoes, 2 neckbands, a couple of weapons and 10 different products. Then when you have that done make sure it only shows what would really show on the window without scrolling. Tell me how much easier and nicer it looks then.

Edit:

It wouldn't take long though, heck I could do it right now in HTML.

Just because something doesn't take long, does not make it a good idea. They could probably change all the character skins to green fairly quickly. Does nothing for the game though does it? You seem to have ease of coding mixed up with beneficial coding.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Woah, woah woah...

Let me remind everyone that the original idea mentioned nothing about horizontal rules. I think dividers within a frame would only make the inventory MORE confusing.

My intent, simply put:

Provide the option for tabs (All, Clothing, Weapons, Products -- maybe "Saved," as well). No tabs for individual clothing types or weapon categories. How they are actually sorted within the applicable frame (tab) is fine the way it is (for most players) -- with hats at the top, then neckwear, etc.

Making the tabs optional was not the original idea, but I am an advocate for it, and will update the original post.

DeletedUser

Now that would be fine if you are only talking about a few tabs like that. Would also fit in nicely with Vi's idea. Same thing almost just different sorts of tabs.

Diggo11

I'd prefer Violette's tab's over your tabs. So if you want yes from me its horizontal rules or nothing.