Necklace of endearment

DeletedUser

Seems like there is a level requirement.

I'm a level 26 Greenhorn and did not get it. I don't think it is the greenhorn thing as it is still male. But I guess you will need to be level 30 to get this quest.
But a greenhorn can switch from male to female. That would open the quest on both sides wouldn't it?

DeletedUser20647

Greenhorns don't get the quest, probably because they can switch gender.

DeletedUser

I am (was) a lvl 38 greenhorn and I did not get the quest. Had to pick a class to get the quest.

Stupid way to "force" people into picking a class.

DeletedUser

Also, in the .ro worlds, no valentine quest, it seems only on .net Maya & Sheriff like to celebrate. :rolleyes:

That's not fare, considering the fact that the necklace give such big advantage in jobs, and also it's a part of the Holiday set. :dry:

That should be fixed.

DeletedUser20647

I am (was) a lvl 38 greenhorn and I did not get the quest. Had to pick a class to get the quest.

Stupid way to "force" people into picking a class.

The game is playable without the necklace too.

Also, in the .ro worlds, no valentine quest, it seems only on .net Maya & Sheriff like to celebrate. :rolleyes:

That's not fare, considering the fact that the necklace give such big advantage in jobs, and also it's a part of the Holiday set. :dry:

That should be fixed.

Next year maybe :D

DeletedUser

The game is playable without the necklace too.
The game is playable without many items. Yet the necklace gives VERY good stats. And having the hat of the set too gives another very good bonus.
Thus the item is VERY beneficial to have.

Denying the item to people that choose to not pick a class is just wrong.

One Armed Ninja

The game is playable without many items. Yet the necklace gives VERY good stats. And having the hat of the set too gives another very good bonus.

Maybe it is unintentional?
I think the devs were just starting playing about with gender specific quests, and the greenhorns know that they have so specific gender as it is.

DeletedUser

Maybe it is unintentional?
I think the devs were just starting playing about with gender specific quests, and the greenhorns know that they have so specific gender as it is.
It most likely was intentional.
They could just have come up with some alternative, like having the choice for gender and class as separate picks.

I would have picked a class anyway, I am just not that impressed that I was "forced" to do so in this way.

I'll be over it soon - well as soon as I buy my guy a horse ... right now he is slow as molasses.

DeletedUser20647

some items require a spefic gender as well (gentleman's set), stop whining

DeletedUser8627

That should be fixed.

This quest is only appearing on the .net and .de servers. All other servers that are not on version 1.25 won't receive this quest so there is going to be a years waiting period on this.

Anyone know how long the quest will be available for?

This should end at 00:00 server time. It maybe that you have started the 2/2 quests and don't manage to complete it today, you should have the option to complete it tomorrow. This was done with a few of the other time based quests but don't quote me on it. Best to check it out in the morning :p

DeletedUser8627

Just to confirm, you have to pick a class for this quest to appear. It does not appear when you are a greenhorn.

I will sacrifice the necklace to stay a greenhorn. If maybe I do choose a class later on, which I probably won't as I play four worlds on each class then I'll wait until next year to get it.

DeletedUser

This quest looks like thanksgiving turkey hunting season all over again, except that it's cotton this time around. With drop rate of 50% I got zero (0) cotton in 4 30-minute sessions on two different servers. Fortunately we don't have to find 10 pieces of cotton before the quest expires this time around ...