Necklace of endearment

DeletedUser

The full Charlatan's set is no longer the best equipment for the job, in-spite of the bonuses. In comes the Necklace of endearment to break it up.. :razz:

From TWI:
Black bowler hat [19], Brown waistcoat [8], Charlatan's shoes [11], Necklace of endearment [30], Corrosive acid [2], Elixir [0], (Charlatan's set bonus=152)

I noticed that myself, funny. I was checking to see how many jobs it was the best neck for and it was surprisingly few, and yet charlatan was one of them. I used the world where I have pretty much everything: your results may vary.

DeletedUser

I sold my necklace of endearment by mistake

Hi, I play on the Russian server, Arizona and I sold my necklace of endearment by mistake. Admin refuse to replace it but it's an item I would never sell so it's a genuine accident. I'm not trying it on or changing my mind. The mouse pointer when hovering above an item even for a second sometimes does it's own thing if I'm not concentrated on what I'm doing. Is there a way of finding it again in this year's Valentines quest or is it a one off quest? Is the admin's stonewall reponse to me standard practice or is there a certain amount of indulgence for people who make genuine mistakes of this type?

(Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong thread)

супер креветка (my character name in rusky Arizona)

DeletedUser3230

Hi, I play on the Russian server, Arizona and I sold my necklace of endearment by mistake. Admin refuse to replace it but it's an item I would never sell so it's a genuine accident. I'm not trying it on or changing my mind. The mouse pointer when hovering above an item even for a second sometimes does it's own thing if I'm not concentrated on what I'm doing. Is there a way of finding it again in this year's Valentines quest or is it a one off quest? Is the admin's stonewall reponse to me standard practice or is there a certain amount of indulgence for people who make genuine mistakes of this type?

It's a one-off find and it really is up to your admin whether they replace it or not sorry.

DeletedUser22493

Aksu is right. That is up to the Russian server admins to decide. If your supporter is denying you the necklace, try to ask for the CM. Get a second opinion. Explain the incident, be polite about it and you might get lucky.

There is unfortunately not much we can do about it here on .net.
Such things fall under local guidelines, and in the end, its up to that servers CM to decide if you get it replaced or not.

There isn't much anyone here on .net can do about it im afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for the replies. I might try them with a second attempt... In the end it's no big I suppose. I only put on the necklace when I've been KO'd for 48 hours and that has only happened 6 times and those mostly at the beginning of the game over 2 years ago.
By the way, is "CM" Communications Manager?

DeletedUser

Thanks again. I got a response from the Russian CM, Ivan who just parotted the hardline sentence that they do not restore accidentally sold items.
It occurs to me that The West Dev should simply make it impossible to sell those Holiday Set items to protect players against themselves.

DeletedUser22493

Sorry to hear that man!
Yeah, I agree with you there. There really isn't any reason why it could be sold.

DeletedUser15641

Sorry to hear that man!
Yeah, I agree with you there. There really isn't any reason why it could be sold.

I disagree, theirs always a reason.

What if the player decides to quit?

He/she loved the town so he/she sells her inventory to merchant. After that, he/she deposits all the cash into town treasury.

DeletedUser22685

I disagree, theirs always a reason.

What if the player decides to quit?

He/she loved the town so he/she sells her inventory to merchant. After that, he/she deposits all the cash into town treasury.

The $1206 you get from selling a necklace of endearment is hardly a loss for a town treasury, and I don't think we'll ever see a player complaining that they couldn't sell the necklace.

DeletedUser

The festive set should have a tag like the quest items have now... i asked for that some years ago when i almost sold my scythe by mistake. (had a problem loading the inventory and when i was selling a weapon i didn´t need the scythe was choosen... if i didn´t read the selling window, that one would be gone... forever)

On that time, some CMs accepted to get the festive items into the inventory of the ones that sold them... in exchange of the double buy price of the item. But now, it looks like, it was made a rule that if you sold it, it´s gone forever.

DeletedUser22685

On that time, some CMs accepted to get the festive items into the inventory of the ones that sold them... in exchange of the double buy price of the item. But now, it looks like, it was made a rule that if you sold it, it´s gone forever.

Depends on the server, the Russian CMs apparently don't refund these items, but that may not be the case on other servers.

DeletedUser

Yeah, my experience was a bit like Killado's with his Scythe, except I was trying to sell a rusty axe, I was sitting awkwardly and then sort of double clicked in reflex thinking it was the axe but ended up selling the necklace which for some reason had got the mouse over it. happens! It was a bit of a Lord of the Rings moment where the ring and in my minor case the necklace, slips out of your hand. Gone forever. Maybe Support took the fact into account when weighing up my case that I'm a heartless sword wielder and shouldn't be going around with a necklace with a heart anyway. Hahaha