Zoom out capability

DeletedUser

It would be nice if we could zoom out on the main map... so that we could see more of our surroundings quickly... in terms of jobs etc...

DeletedUser

You guys are using the filter on the mini-map to locate jobs, right ?

(I didn't see it for a couple days ...)

DeletedUser

yeh it would nice if this feature was free so it would be good for setting up towns

DeletedUser

+1 for this idea.

It could be great for putting distances into perspective if we could zoom out 1 or 2 levels.

Don't know if this is necroposting, but the rules say find if it's already been mentioned first.

DeletedUser

wow....

You've got to be kidding me. You dug up a 1 year 4 month old thread.

DeletedUser20647

This is completely useless, it has no function whatsoever, as you can already see your surroundings on the minimap.

Diggo11

If you can think of a reason to allow zooming on the minimap you're doing better than me. You can already see an entire county at once, what more do you want to see?

DeletedUser

You can already see an entire county at once
This is very much dependent on your screen and resolution. Try setting your screen to 1024x768. It does not show that much of your surroundings.

That said, I do not think a zoom function is worth the effort. It would be nice to have, but it is not essential to the playability of the game.

The update that enabled resizing of the game view pane did improve the viewed area a lot.

DeletedUser

in this computer right now I have a 24 screen so, to me it's useless right now, but there are some computers that use smaller screens, and in those it would have a good use

DeletedUser

I don't know, I kind of like it. I like it more than the selecting multiple jobs on the mini-map suggestion.

Diggo11

This is very much dependent on your screen and resolution. Try setting your screen to 1024x768. It does not show that much of your surroundings.
My screen resolution is 1024x768 and I personally have no issue with it's size ;)

DeletedUser

I currently play the game at 1920x1080, but with the maximum map size set to 1280x1024 since it lags when I drag it if any bigger. But still, I'd like to see a little more of the world rather than drag around hunting for things or brining up the minimap which only shows 1 quest at a time.

DeletedUser

I like it, rather then keep having to go back the mini map to look for nearby jobs of a different sort or towns I can simply zoom out. Then I can go to the map if needs be.

DeletedUser15169

Its not really worth the effort it would take for the devs to do it :p

DeletedUser

My screen resolution is 1024x768 and I personally have no issue with it's size ;)
Sure, it shows enough to be very playable, but it is hardly one county at a time.

Its not really worth the effort it would take for the devs to do it :p
That all depends on how they implemented the map. If they did the map without the intention to ever have a zoom it may be very difficult (or much work) to implement the zoom.
But chances are that it may be too much work for too little gain.

I'd rather have them work on duel on the spot before they work on zoom.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sure, it shows enough to be very playable, but it is hardly one county at a time.

The one county comment was about the minimap, not the main screen. I don't think anyone can see a whole county on their screen.

DeletedUser

The one county comment was about the minimap, not the main screen. I don't think anyone can see a whole county on their screen.
I thought it may be that ... but then the minimap shows the whole world.