Your stories :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I've just made a new section, and for those interested in writing if you could migrate your new threads over to this section.

There is also a writing competition going on that you might like as well.

In terms of this section, I am trying to make it mainly based on RP.

Anybody have any ideas what the new name would be? Or are you all happy with Campfire?

DeletedUser

well... you could have a section called RPG's and move all the rpgs there, and a section called stories, for the stories which would be moved there, just would make things easier.

DeletedUser

Umm... I do not understand? We have to post our stories in the Graphics Art and Media section :huh:

If that is the case, Can you make a certain Forum tab, named something like: Novels, Writings, Scripture or Storys,
sort of like how Off Topic has a Games forum.

I think that would work out well, but also Have strict rules to PREVENT SPAMMING, yet allow for a more colorful vocabulary in the stories but keeping extreme things out, like graphic sexual parts in storys (Not saying they are bad or evil, just some kids may not be able to handle that kind of stuff and it would be innapropriate content). But I do believe the storys are rather limited, as some slang words that may fit perfectly into a story may have to be starred* out and I think that limits the writer too far, Stephen king didn't let boring moral barriers get in his way.

I would very much enjoy posting stories in the new section, and since Writing is one of the only things I'm good at, people would enjoy what I make there, especially Divest, lol.

DeletedUser

no sexual content..... ok... still murder and war and talking and running and all that bull crap. :)

DeletedUser

I'm hoping we will have the ability to use words better than crap :)

DeletedUser

I love Violence! There is nothing wrong with it when it gets the job done :bandit:

And no GRAPHIC sexual content... Its not the XXX bookstore ya know.

gunny.jpg

Am I Understood?!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I love that guy. And hey, I can make it like that without the graphicness. Its called leaps in the story XD HAHAHA!!!

DeletedUser

I remember when I made my story, it was actually a rather perfect story :)

DeletedUser5046

only i wish i could print a lot of stories :D...

i have no inspiration right now...

btw

i think its good to separate RPGs from stories/ poems

DeletedUser

Ya, I liked Blood Lust, that was a pretty good story

Blood Lust? Oh, that was just the first story I ever wrote, my 20,000 word story "David Schofield, Model 3 (Part 1)" is by far the longest story that would have been on here, sadly I decided not to post it... Oh well :D

I can always post it in Graphic arts and media :)

DeletedUser

Kilinochi ( World 09 -) Year 1896

Kilinochi
by Tadgh Geargail - Geargaili - World 09

The most important thing to remember about a small town, is how inventive the residents that live there survive. This is not saying, that in 1896 the railroad station, and the telegraph office is helpful. You must remember that the weather can swing uncomfortable levels of hot and cold. Kilinochi is the next granite hill connecting to the west of Black Mountain. Just South is a Cotton Field and a Grain Milling Station. to the West of the Township is the Railroad and Telegraph, facing a pine forest.

Tamiltigers is the town’s founder, and has done some exploring within the Black Mountain Crossing. It’s a half an hour’s walk on foot to get to there, where the Moon and Sunrise is incredible to watch. He raised the capital from moving cattle into the railroad trucks. He lives in one of the Residential Houses in Hogan Street.

As for myself, I live next to the church at baseline. Often tinkering with the idea of running electricity through the use of Quartz Crystals and Copper Tubes to form Magnetized Electricity to run a fan belt. This is one of the inventions I read from a Jules Verne Novel, who does these “Steam-Punk” stories of gadgets that are ahead of modern use.
So far the inventions I’ve made, helps to keep the veggies such as corn, tomatoes, and fruit from spoiling. This brought some business from those needing a way to keep their food longer.

It’s rather difficult to mass produce these wonderful inventions.

The Granite Cavern, just north of the church cemetary. Chief Waupe, who is an Indian Guide for the Native Council, mentioned that the burial ground of his ancestors of the Umpqua River are buried there. The Church Temple is a gathering place for Umpqua Tribesmen to talk of those new electrical devices.

My Celtic Heritage and Chief Waupe continued to mesh and conflict with each other. There are things about the Umpqua River Indians that is so out of the norm, of society... such as the talking of animals and plants. There are written books in homemade paper, and inks that was used by Italian Monks, I’ve employed for documents. Somehow this is like trying to explain Neanderthals how modern humans function.

This process of trying to understand the Umpqua River Indians, is a daily experience.

For at least two to three hours, I explain how Benjamin Franklin created an alphabet. English that is spoken here is different than how it is done across the Atlantic Ocean. Then I speak as well of the Utah Territories... and their decision to succeed from the United States, as their own country called : DESERET, so the Mormon Community can be at peace.

The Umpqua River Indians felt that the typewriter and printer - would suffice as a way
to help their children understand through words and pictures. Chief Waupe is quite dependant with my knowledge and expertise. Clothing Fabrics and Sewing Equipment had been brought in.
Native Umpqua-ian Women tested out the new mechanical and electrical wonders, and came up with eye-striking wonders. Denim, and Cotton work clothes quickly turned the Township into a top line wardrobe textile industry. Within six months, the neighboring town of Black Mountain requested that we ship work clothes to their location.

Again, today is a very hot day ---- and I’ve poured another bucket of ice on a metal tray. The fan pushes the cold through from the wall vent, keeping the Umpqua-ian Women happy...

There’s another group of Umpqua-ian Women who learned my ability to take the leaves of the nearby tobacco plantation field, of mint and chamomile and add sugar cane to make some Sun Tea with glass infusion pitchers. Takes very little money to leave those pitchers out in the heat for half a day, turning the water dark and flavorful.

The train usually arrives around 11:30 am at the Station.

It’s my job to bring new clothes on a push cart wagon, in travel trunks that’s available from the Train Cars to load up these goods. Other items we’ve been working on is the making of soap products for the Chineese Community who will pay the Umpqua-ians. Stain Removal of stink and oil has greatly improved.

Kilinochi has been known to pay a fair wage - to women as well as men.

Soon there will be an election to get Chief Waupe, the Tobacco Farmer as one of the Township Council Members, as well as a Chineese Immigrant Lou Ping to help improve some troubling relationships between cultures, who stayed after the Building of the Train Station.

On my mind... there’s still trouble...

The villages just north and east of Kilinochi have turned into a Killing Field. Umpqua-ians are up-rooted after having their house and property torched by Saddle-tramps. The U.S. Soldiers that fought to keep Black Mountain District an English Speaking Colony have turned into a group of Warmongers lead by Dictator who calls himself “The One.”

Big cash crop to be had is the Chineese Opium, and the Mexican Cnibe. Money to be used to help build their thirst for more forts, creep ever closer to the Black Mountain District.

Today - there is a visit by a United States Major Clove, at the Railroad Station. He tells me about the Saddle Tramps who now use the Train system to ship their drugs and loot. They will buy more weapons and Kilinochi is most likely going to be under seige.

@@@:

Tamiltigers entered into the front doors of city hall. He removes a heavy leather jacket, that has chain mail padding to stop a bullet. “It is time that I ask the Umpqua-ians, to make some
chainmail liners.”

The heavy leather and chainmail jacket is laid on the desk, before Geargail, Lou Ping, and Chief Waupe. Each of us looking an inspecting the workmanship and quality.

“Did you actually get word, when the U.S. Soldiers will be here to defend town ?” Geargail asked.

“Yes, and No...” Tamiltigers spoke. “We live so close to the California and Oregon Boarder, they’ve suggested that we pay the Mexican Military for their support. Those jerks want too many concessions which includes no Irish Men in their ranks.”

“Their idea of fair justice - had lead to the Irish Revolting by helping the French and Spanish Army.” Geargail uttered...

“The Chineese Community don’t like their demener.” Lou Ping spoke, in his white silk shirt, fingering his Fu-Man-Chu styled mustache. “The ones who will protect us is those drug dealing Saddle Tramps.”

“There’s a sixteen syllable word for Usurp, in Cherokee Tounge, called Tslang-ee. Meaning that we lose our culture by a stronger outsider.” Chief Waupe spoke.

U.S. Major Clove looked at all four council members... and took a deep breath.

“I will ask the President to not bring enforcements here. What I do ask is you keep Printing on the Western Star Newspaper, that Kilinochi shows promise of keeping it’s eye to the future.” Major Clove spoke back. “I may ask that this document will be typed and signed... and displayed prominently with the U.S. Military Seal. Get Lou Ping to take a Photo of me shaking hands with Tamiltigers.”

Chief Waupe exhaled a sigh of relief, with the smell of tobacco trails from his nostrils.

“a U.S. Marshal will be assigned, since Fitzburz has to be assigned at Black Mountain.” Major Clove spoke. “Since I will be staying here in the area, I need your votes to be elected.”

“No problem,” Geargail raising his hand up.

Chief Waupe, Lou Ping, and Tamiltigers raised their hand... unaminous. Marshal Jasper Clove sworn in to the Black Mountain District, on 15th of August 1896, at 2:30 pm. A photo was taken and printed for publication.

@@@:

Geargail spent this evening at the Saloon with a Saspirilla Pop in hand, and watching the Saloon Girl lay out a deck of Tarot Cards on a green poker table. Madam M. Roselund, made a
cross with the cards, and an extra line on right side.

“I see great fortune, but the five of wands speak of conflict.” She spoke, as she exhailed smoke from her tobacco pipe. “There is an arrival of a man in uniform, who wants to give all his heart into things that will last a long time.”

U.S. Marshal Cloves’ footsteps could be heard clinking the wooden floorboards, in the background. He’s in the shadows and smoking a cigar, from the bar stool near by.

“He has feelings to those who give their time, to help others.” Madam Roselund spoke back, while wearing a saloon girl’s dress. “There is chemestry between you and this knight of cups.”

“Really ?” Geargail uttered, as he took a couple sips of Saspirilla.

“Really... the cards don’t lie.’ Madam Roseland spoke back, “I’ll read for you at another time though, young man. For now, the moon must darken and return for another reading...”

@@@:

Geargail walked out of the Saloon, and on foot, towards the cotton fields.

U.S. Marshal Cloves exited the saloon soon after, and followed the footprints. He stayed out of sight and into the shadows, to not be seen.

Geargail smoked a cigarette as he walked towards the edge of a river, going downhill to a sand spit. Soon after the U.S. Marshall followed... watching Geargail grab some flat stones and throw them into the lake, to make them skip over the surface.

“You really don’t come across as someone - who wants to live in a frontier.” A deep sounding voice boomed, as U.S. Marshall Cloves stepped on the crunchy orange sand.

“Right about that, but it gets thrown at me - regardless.” Geargail tossed another stone, to make that one skip too. The Sun is still up in the sky, setting as the moon rises from the Black Mountain Peak from behind.

U.S. Marshall grabs a stone from the ground, and skips it on the river.... it skips for much longer than Geargails’ attempt.

“You’ve really done more practicing.” Geargail uttered back.

“Why do the women-folk shun you, Geargail.” Clove spoke back. “Madam Roselund is a fine woman...”

“Her and even the Umpqua-ian women tell me that I’m ment to be with another bloke.”Geargail uttered again, but kept focused on that next stone being able to skip above for a more longer period by adjusting the throw and the thumb at an angle.

“You’re the Huckleberry.” Clove uttered. “Not saying it’s wrong, but why be at a church that shuns your kind ?”

Geargail looked at Clove. “In this place, be grateful for the friends you do have. Far as I can tell you, I’ve made peace with those who conflict with everything I’ve learned in School at an Irish County of Donegael.”

“Are you Catholic ?” Clove spoke.

“Stuff I learned between Shakesphere and the Knights of Templar speaks the loudest.” Geargail spoke back. “I align myself with Merlin the Sorcerer as he helps Prince Author fight the black Knight.”

“I came from River Ballyshannon, A Mhic.” Jasper Clove spoke. “Even my family had to leave, because it was too expensive and so tired of starving.” He put his weather beatened hands on Geargail who stood a head shorter than him, on the shoulders.

“What’s that metal twinkling around your neck ?” Geargail uttered.

“This is a Torque, Druid Tribal Warriors wear them.” Jasper opened his collared shirt more to reveal the ornament around his neck.

(( End of Sample Story.))

by Timoth Gallagher
http://geargailartstudio.ning.com

DeletedUser

This story made me question --- what would happen, if some characters are introduced, and eventually take over. Such as Jasper deciding to stay in Kilinochi, and a strange kind of relationship begins between him and my own character.

The "Steam-Punk" genre is a rather interesting theme.

Still, at the same time - there's some events that happend in the the U.S. such as the creation of a new state called DESERET, where a group of Religious Pilgrims are free to conduct their lives outside the realm of what was going on by the State of Missouri - which a lot of hate speech had been published.

DeletedUser

geargail1 submit your story in the GAM section.

Also, guys please make sure the stories you post are new in there. If you see new stories here I shall move them over.

DeletedUser

geargail1 submit your story in the GAM section.

Also, guys please make sure the stories you post are new in there. If you see new stories here I shall move them over.

I posted Blood Lust in the GAM section and it was deleted by someone, please, if you are going to have us move our storys over there do not delete them, it is not right.

DeletedUser5046

are you sure it was deleted? if im not mistaken only te author and te Mods can delete posts / threads O_O gee..tat's bad... i still dunno if there has been an update on BL :(

btw...Gem can you move gergail's post on GAM and let it be a new thread?...

*just asking*

DeletedUser

I posted Blood Lust in the GAM section and it was deleted by someone, please, if you are going to have us move our storys over there do not delete them, it is not right.

Stories that are already in CF stay in CF, but new ones can be posted in GAM :)

DeletedUser

Make a newspaper shop so we can read newspapers once in a week for a exiting or fatal news.

Deleted User - 819397

Ok, I'm confused. Is the Campfire Stories Forum closed to new stories? I quickly checked the new one you were talking about, but it seemed like it was more for like art and the like. Please clear this up. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.