Resolved world 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

i just wanted to ask if there is any intention of opening world 11 ??if so can we have some info about it please..

DeletedUser

It was six months between w8/9 and w10. I doubt w11 will be any time soon, nor should it. Congratulations on starting the first w11 thread of many.

DeletedUser

Well I'm not sure, but wasn't it only like two or three months between the opening of world 7 and 8+9?

DeletedUser

We don't need a world 11. 10 worlds is already too much. If they open a world 11 and/or 12, there better be something unique/different about those worlds.

DeletedUser8627

Well to look at the stats:

World - Date started - Members

World 1 - Sep 16, 2008 - 53279
World 2 - Oct 2, 2008 - 9684
World 3 - Oct 20, 2008 - 9577
World 4 - Nov 7, 2008 - 8974
World 5 - Dec 1, 2008 - 10806
World 6 - Jan 19, 2009 - 8611
World 7 - Feb 4, 2009 - 12361
World 8 - Mar 9, 2009 - 16284
World 9 - Mar 10, 2009 - 15450
World 10 - Aug 27, 2009 - 111958

Some worlds started close together others there were months. But also look at the amount of members in worlds 2 - 9 compared to world 1 and 10.

Rather fill the worlds up before having new worlds added.

My feeling there are way more worlds to play at the moment than adding new ones. New worlds I would rather have different features in like speed worlds and such.

DeletedUser

I would like to have world 11.

It is more fun to start a new character in new world than in existing where are players 50+ levels higher.

DeletedUser

I would like to have world 11.

It is more fun to start a new character in new world than in existing where are players 50+ levels higher.

take it as a challenge and then beat them on duels,

DeletedUser

New players start constantly and they all want a new world shortly after joining. We obviously can't have new worlds starting every week. The older worlds are sparse enough. If you want a fresh(er) start, start on w4, which is desolate, as is, apparently, w6, although I'm not as conscious of it from playing.

DeletedUser

w-4 is a chilled out place,
w-6 is a rarity to have a town with 40+ players

DeletedUser

as the worlds get older,the more dull they become no matter how hard you try to keep the people interested in it..im doing absolutely my best to keep as much people interested in that world as possible but it seems like im loosing...more people are quitting or not actually logging on like before everyday..specially the players who hit level 99..is there any plans for this issue (the 99 level issue) ?? becasue i already have a guy who hit level 99 with a red dot and thats a real issue becasue now people say whats the point of leveling up after level 78 where you can have all weapons and wear all sorts of clothes at that level..

DeletedUser

That's a different issue: what to do after level 99 that definitely needs to be addressed. If you're bored at 78, I don't see why starting over again is going to do much for you. w6 and w7 are dying as much as the older worlds, although even they have been around for around 10 months now.

New worlds become old worlds fast. Throwing more worlds out there doesn't solve anything.

DeletedUser

What I think would be a good idea is that the devs make a random world button on the world list. What it does when you click it is that it sends you to a random world that you haven't joined yet. I think that would fill up some old worlds better.

Or maybe the world with the lowest amount of people could have a special advantage, like double XP or cash from jobs or duels on weekends. That way, more people join the world and fill it up.

Harsha..

sounds good!

but, double EXP from jobs can result in players reaching lvl 99 faster than ever, lol

DeletedUser

Or maybe 25% more xp on just one day of the week. Or maybe have the least populated world have 9 dueling rounds instead of 8. Just something to liven up the empty world ;).

DeletedUser

as the worlds get older,the more dull they become no matter how hard you try to keep the people interested in it..
however not true with regards to w-1, which still has the second most population after w-10.

DeletedUser

I suggest opening up W11, but instead of creating a whole new world just rename one of the older worlds to W11. :D

Take W6 for example (as it has the lowest number of players). Put up a message that W6 will be "down for maintenance" for a few days. "Open" W11, which is just a renamed W6, with all the W6 data hidden for a few days. When W6 maintenance is over put up a message that the server exploded, but that most of the data could be recovered and will be loaded on to W11. Unhide W6 data on W11.

Give anyone that complains or try to expose the scheme a 2 week ban. Game and forum.

PS. This is the kind of ideas one comes up with when you have to be at work, at this time of year, but there is no work to do.

Harsha..

however not true with regards to w-1, which still has the second most population after w-10.

well, it does not apply to W1, W1 being the first ever world will attract attention and ever one will want to join it, for the excitement of being in a world with the first ever players of The West

In TW, it is no different, all newbes, while browsing through statistics always go to W1 to have a look at how it is there in the oldest world

I suggest opening up W11, but instead of creating a whole new world just rename one of the older worlds to W11. :D

Take W6 for example (as it has the lowest number of players). Put up a message that W6 will be "down for maintenance" for a few days. "Open" W11, which is just a renamed W6, with all the W6 data hidden for a few days. When W6 maintenance is over put up a message that the server exploded, but that most of the data could be recovered and will be loaded on to W11. Unhide W6 data on W11.

Give anyone that complains or try to expose the scheme a 2 week ban. Game and forum.

PS. This is the kind of ideas one comes up with when you have to be at work, at this time of year, but there is no work to do.

It'll make an imbalance, people wont be excited, after they realize that it is really an older world, it wont be an legitimate way to make more people join, infact it might even reduce the popularity, seeing that the admins will do to extreme lengths just for publicity

I'd suggest that we just be patient and wait, The West will become more popular over time, and more and more people will join, and soon the devs will make a new world, trust me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.