World 1 Today

DeletedUser

Hello all W1 people, I recently began playing The West and I decided it was appropriate to start a character on World 1. I decided on W1 as I imagined that this world was the most established and perhaps the most populated but after playing for awhile, it seems that the state of affairs here is stagnant.

I so far have not heard anything of a fort battle or a conflict in W1. Everything just seems quiet and the landscape has many ghost towns.

Would anyone help a beginner out in telling them the current state of affairs in World 1?

DeletedUser

I also think it all depends where on the map you have been placed?
I am certain should you travel East, you'll encounter more action!

DeletedUser

My man, world one is not a world of petty diputes between little towns. It is a world of massive political battles between amazingly powerful large empires. Like others have said, join a big town. And not just any big town. You got to search around and find the connections, if you know what I mean ;-)

DeletedUser

When you are low level you don't see the action in an old world, just spend two months messing up your character and prepare to do it better for the next new world LOL. I believe that is where the most fun is.

best wishes

Joey

DeletedUser

well not any big town but any big family and as glen said move to the eastern counties

DeletedUser

When you are low level you don't see the action in an old world, just spend two months messing up your character and prepare to do it better for the next new world LOL. I believe that is where the most fun is.

best wishes

Joey

Why play at all then if it's just to tide over into a new world each release of a world? That's not very fun.

Concerning east: I'm currently in the West. I guess that that would explain it! :blink:

DeletedUser

this "east" sounds fun....i may travel to it, can anyone give me directions?

DeletedUser

Which that causes me to ask a pretty noob question... is the map flat or is it round in that if I leave from the very very west for a very very east map, do I go left or do I go right relative to the map?

DeletedUser

The map is flat. If you go to the very east part of the map you will stop. If you want to go to the western part of the map you have to travel over the whole map.

DeletedUser

the texan is right. (people from texas usually are). go east and find a town or cough family/empire cough and you'll find your fun. </gag>

DeletedUser

Hello all W1 people, I recently began playing The West and I decided it was appropriate to start a character on World 1. I decided on W1 as I imagined that this world was the most established and perhaps the most populated but after playing for awhile, it seems that the state of affairs here is stagnant.

I so far have not heard anything of a fort battle or a conflict in W1. Everything just seems quiet and the landscape has many ghost towns.

Would anyone help a beginner out in telling them the current state of affairs in World 1?
you missed all the action. the world had to take a break. in the first week or two after forts were introduced, there was a full list of fort battles everyday.

Why play at all then if it's just to tide over into a new world each release of a world? That's not very fun.

Concerning east: I'm currently in the West. I guess that that would explain it! :blink:
the east is very fun, you have no idea what your missing.
also, as strange as it sounds, you have to learn from your mistakes. and it is fun. on world one, i had to move about 50 skill points because i didn't have the chance to start with previous experience. you'll get the experience you need faster if your active on these forums. they may not seem like too much, but you'll eventually find that your learning things you never would have learned if you didn't read these forums, and that you'd have much greater resources as well.

DeletedUser

Lol, whoever said that W1 was quiet obviously hasn't been paying attention! The new ETC alliance has stolen 5 counties already, and there have 7 other battles that I know of outside of the ones caused by us.