Working 10mins or 2hrs?

DeletedUser8926

Whats better? Working 10mins or working 2hrs?

is there any difference? (apart from the obvious!)

does it improve your chances of getting things by working longer time?

ie if i worked 12 lots of 10mins would i earn more than if i worked 2 hours?

DeletedUser

2x2 hours beats 24x10 min, unless you ENJOY logging in ALL the time.

DeletedUser

The numbers shown on jobs are for 30 minutes. 2 hours = 4 30 minute jobs. 10 minutes = 1/3 of a job, so you have to divide all the numbers by three. The only time you should do 10 minutes is if you have less than 6 energy left and you're feeling lucky.

DeletedUser

Elmyr is dead on ... the only caveat is that the percentage of 30 minutes being better then 2 hours is very small (less then 1%), so most people do 2 hours jobs cause it's easier to queue up.

ps: The reason 30 mins is better then 2 hours for money/XP/chances at getting product/etc is due to the way Motivation is rounded.

DeletedUser

difference is founding items in 10 minute you dont have change to found items but in two hour you can found also collecting more point

DeletedUser

lord, please know what you're talking about before you start talking >.<

DeletedUser

im just saying

10 minute:Not to much tip and some times no experince point
2 Hour:More luck to find item and more tip and experince point

DeletedUser

im just saying

10 minute:Not to much tip and some times no experince point
2 Hour:More luck to find item and more tip and experince point

What you're saying is still wrong.

2 hour jobs or 12x10 minute jobs will yield almost the same amount of product and items (within a 1% range).

There are some exceptions - if you're doing a job that has 100% chance of product like Tobacco then if you do the job for 2 hours you'll get 4 Tobacco Leaves and if you did the job 12 times for 10 minutes each there is no guarantee you'll have 4 tobacco ... of course you might have more then 4...

As far as XP goes ... if you're doing a high enough XP job then you will not see any difference if you did 12x10 minute or 1x2 hour jobs.

DeletedUser

Working 10 minutes at a low level job, or with extremely low motivation, can result in your rewards being rounded down to 0. But you can always find (not found; that's past tense) an item, even in 10 minutes. You could find 12 items in 2 hours working 10 minutes at a time, if you got extremely lucky. You could only find 1 item in the same 2 hours working 1 2-hour shift. But, items don't drop nearly often enough to make that worthwhile.

The shortest period I ever work is 30 minutes, and I don't see much reason to even do that vs. 1 hour, since the items drop so rarely. So generally it's 1 or 2 hours for me, except at the highest-luck jobs.

DeletedUser

so which is better, 30min or 1hour? for exp gained, item, and energy cost?

DeletedUser

You could only find 1 item in the same 2 hours working 1 2-hour shift. But, items don't drop nearly often enough to make that worthwhile.

AFAIK, that isn't true. The item drops are calculated the same way the product drops are... ;e; half hourly. Theoretically you could get four items in 2 hours. In terms of probablity however, that isn't really worth considering.

People have been known to get 2 items in a 2 hour period though.

DeletedUser

so which is better, 30min or 1hour? for exp gained, item, and energy cost?
It's not that much different. Energy cost will be the same either way. Let your personal time usage determine it for you: if you're going to be logged in and ready to give orders, go for 30 minutes; if you have stuff to do, just do 1 hour and let it run.

AFAIK, that isn't true. The item drops are calculated the same way the product drops are... ;e; half hourly. Theoretically you could get four items in 2 hours. In terms of probablity however, that isn't really worth considering.

Are you sure? I've read many posts about that and never seen anyone post evidence of getting >1 item from a single job shift. With the number of 2 hour shifts being worked, there should be some examples posted by now.

DeletedUser

I've had 5 wood from a 2 hour shift cutting trees. I've also had 0 wood from 5x2 hour shifts (all at 100% motivation). I think it really is in the lap of the gods.;)

DeletedUser

Violette is correct !

You can only get ONE item like boots from a job whether its 10 minutes or 2 hours. You can potentially get more then one item like boots, if you did 4x30 minute jobs.

People who say they've gotten 2 items like boots or more then 4 items like wood in a single 2 hour job are wrong. Lots of people have made claims to the contrary, but no SS's of proof.

(Notes seem to be a separate category unto themselves - I got 2x part 2 of the note from Grave Robber the other day.)

DeletedUser

Are you sure? I've read many posts about that and never seen anyone post evidence of getting >1 item from a single job shift. With the number of 2 hour shifts being worked, there should be some examples posted by now.

I am sure I have gotten 2 items from a two hour job once, on W2. But it was in the early days before I was on the forums and I wouldn't have the report any more. If it ever happens again, I will take a screen shot.

I've had 5 wood from a 2 hour shift cutting trees. I've also had 0 wood from 5x2 hour shifts (all at 100% motivation). I think it really is in the lap of the gods.;)

This I really need a screen shot for. I do not believe it is possible to get more than 4 products from a 2 hour job. (Unless it is a job with two products, obviously.)

From the help files...

Work products
Work products are items that you can find only while working specific jobs. They cannot be purchased. They do not give any skill or attribute points, but they are often needed to complete quests. When you work on a job for 30 minutes you have the stated probability to find the work product for this job. If you work for 2 hours you could find four items if you are really lucky. It is possible to equip items. They don't do anything, but they look good.

DeletedUser

Violette is correct !
You then go on to state the opposite of what she said. :huh:

I am sure I have gotten 2 items from a two hour job once, on W2. But it was in the early days before I was on the forums and I wouldn't have the report any more. If it ever happens again, I will take a screen shot.
Maybe it used to be possible and no longer is. More people playing now = more chances for it to happen, if it's still possible, yet no screenies.

DeletedUser

When I said what she said was correct was before she posted that she said she got 2 items from one job ... which is incorrect.

Got all that ? hehe