Worker's Defence Guide

DeletedUser

here a guide for you workers.

put all skills in working and ignore any dueling stats as if its not there.

get dueled and lost all your money then go to the forums and complain.

thats what all workers are doin now and if everyone is doin it it cant be wrong can it??

DeletedUser

Actually there can be two approaches:
1. Give some boost to your dueling skills.
Positives:
- you can put few guys down.
Negatives:
- you waste your points into something you are not going to use actively
- you still will be beaten by stronger duelers.

2. Let yourself KO anytime with no money on hand. (48 hours of untouchability)
Positives:
- you will not waste any point into something you will not actively use
- after KO, you will work without anyone trying to get your hide for 48 hours
Negatives:
- you will most likely loose every duel, but if you don't keep your money on hand, they will let you alone most of the time.
- you loose all energy and health during KO.

PS: Actually there are three approaches, but I consider it as an unfair advantage of game mechanics, so I'm not going into detail.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you need to rest for 8 hours after KO.
Not so at all. You can abort that sleep once you get enough health and energy to dare yourself to work.

DeletedUser

if they cry... its because they lack skill. That's not the predators fault...
Why do i think 'Dodo?'
How would you be able to tell a decent player from someone following a guide? Naaaa suck it up kids, learn from your mistake's.

DeletedUser618

As a builder in one world and a dueller in another, I do have a whine about duellers. My builder gets duelled and loses (Oh well) but winner gets 3 exp. Puffing up his stats???? Pick on someone who is a challenge, why waste your time on me, I'm busy doing high exp jobs to level up and i never have much cash. My name is not CashCow or MrMoneybags. It's all part of the game. So take your best shot.......

DeletedUser

One point per level or 2/3 on tactics is usually enough to dissuade attackers if your other skills are somewhat above 0 and you have a weapon near to your level.

My only real complaint as both an attacker and a defender is that appearance and tactics have such a huge impact. I'm not even convinced that dodge and aim have ANY effect.

If the attacker's appearance is high enough, chances are that the defender will NEVER score a hit

If the defender's tactics are high enough, chances are that the attacker will never score a hit.

It just seems wrong to me. The maths of duels don't appear to add up.

DeletedUser

You know what would stop workers/building from whining? It's not that they get attacked, although it is a bit cowardly for a gunslinger to attack a worker, even in the wild west there was a certain code of consuct, unless you were a coward, but it's the fact that a duel is meant to be a duel and therefore the defender is notified they're duelled before the duel.

If there was a feature whichb allowed you to allocate your defending clothes and get up and when a duel was instigated you automatically changed into these clothes to at least give you a fighting chance, then that would be fairer and stop the complaining.

Of course, the duelling element could have it's name changed to 'shooting fish in a barrel' and simply stay as it is, because at the moment it isn't really a duel.

After the fight, the worker puts his previous clothes back on.

Basically, without this fature then I, with my worker character, will call every soldier/dueller with a duel level above me who shoots me in the ars* whilst i'm banging nails into a plank of wood, a coward, and they are :)

DeletedUser5046

How about

Basic guide to play te west:

• register

• choose a world

• play

• hang on te forum

• get addicted to it

* te last two are optional :D

DeletedUser

Basic guide to play te west:

• register

• choose a world

• play

• hang on te forum

• get addicted to it

* te last two are optional :D

you forgot make friends with angel which is not optional

and make comments on master warrirs several brainfarts

DeletedUser

I must admit, commenting your brainfarts feels kinda compulsory, but without them there wouldn't be half as much to do in this forum.

DeletedUser

Workers needs to figure thing out themselves.
If they are too stupid to realize specialicatin into one area will make you bad at others, ie single skillup building and neglecting duel skills, then they deserve to get their asses handed to them every time.

I couldn't agree more. To all the workers who are sorry for getting their asses kicked, you should have thought about the ramifications for choosing the Worker class. I'm sure you are not blind and in case you are, the description of each class is clearly indicated in the class selection window. Picking your class before and whining about it now is not gonna get you anywhere. This is THE WEST, go get yourselves a weapon and fight back, you can't use use he excuse "uh oh we are just workers" forever.

:mad:

DeletedUser

One point per level or 2/3 on tactics is usually enough to dissuade attackers if your other skills are somewhat above 0 and you have a weapon near to your level.

My only real complaint as both an attacker and a defender is that appearance and tactics have such a huge impact. I'm not even convinced that dodge and aim have ANY effect.

If the attacker's appearance is high enough, chances are that the defender will NEVER score a hit

If the defender's tactics are high enough, chances are that the attacker will never score a hit.

It just seems wrong to me. The maths of duels don't appear to add up.

If this is true, advising workers to put their few duelling points into tactics rather than dodge would seem to be at least the start of a basic defensive FAQ.

Its certainly more positive than telling the worker to quit town to work then only accept the invite to come back when you're ready to bank, sleep and construct town buildings.

Red Falcon

PVP means Player versus Player. This generally means that players can (And usually will) attack each other. If you can't defend yourself against other players, (Especially without whining or complaining about it) then you probably shouldn't be playing online games that have PVP. Get my drift?

DeletedUser

How about recruiting defenders? That seems to solve the dilemma. Right?

DeletedUser

I don't really think a specific guide will help, other than to serve as the obvious link to insert when replying to a whiner.
My impression from most of the people who whine a lot is that they wouldn't bother to read it anyway.
If you read even a little through the guides that are available, and the FAQ's, you have a pretty good idea of what a builder can expect and what options are available to them.