Workers/Builders being Attacked

DeletedUser

I agree with SmittenKitten. I am a new player and as a worker I was attacked while working on a town. At first I got my feelings hurt, thinking that I wasn't out to duel anyone, so why would anyone duel me. Then I realized, after I lost the first duel, that I needed to suck it up and arm myself properly for future duels. It was a lesson well learned and I agree with SmittenKitten, as workers we shouldn't whine to anyone, we should prepare to defend ourselves.

DeletedUser

bandits and thieves rob the weak that is a fact of life. that is why your town needs a posse. if i find anyone with alot of money i will hit them over and over. i expect you or your town to attack me. not send me a cowardly letter.

DeletedUser

Builders also typically have a lot of HP, so they're not easy to knock out.

Yeah. I mostly follow the “don't attack builders” principle, as, well, a pact of sorts, but I don't agree with it. On world 4, the rule of the town I'm in is that workers with dueling level 5 or more levels higher than general level is fair game. On the towns I run (6, 7, and 9) I don't keep my fighters from attacking workers. I don't really see the point.

DeletedUser

i mostly dont attack builders, because i duel for the challenge of beating other duelers. i've also gotten to the point where there aren't many builders i can still hit.

DeletedUser3717

There no need to get angry.

Just picture this.. Your a pure trader like me for example..

Your rough income per day varies from $500 - ??? If you got attacked and lost that all wouldn't you be I don't know angry?

Thats why you join a strong town and get back up :D

DeletedUser

Your rough income per day varies from $500 - ??? If you got attacked and lost that all wouldn't you be I don't know angry?
All right... if I lost all my daily income (more than $500 for my builder on 7) then yes I'd be angry. Mostly angry at myself for being stupid and not banking between jobs. The only time I have enough money on me is the short interval between finishing a job and arriving at town.
Second: if I lost 1/3 of the income from one job then no, I wouldn't be angry; when I'm making money this fast, it's not that hard to replace what I lost.
Third: if I lost all the money from one job then I'd be pretty inconvenienced, more because of losing my energy than the money. I don't like being knocked out. But it takes a lot of damage to knock me out, so I'd have to be dueled like, what, 4 or 5 times in an interval of a little over two hours. That only happens during town wars, and even then, not very often. And if there's a town war going on (there is one now), then I know what to expect, and I take a little more care than usual.
So no, really, no big deal.