Workers/Builders being Attacked

DeletedUser

Can someone please tell me where it states in the rules to this game that Workers/Builders are NOT to be attacked by other players?

I have searched and read everything that has Rules listed and no where do I find a rule stating that.

What is the big deal all about? I'm getting really tired of hearing about workers being attacked by duelers and soldiers and all other classes. I get attacked all the time and I'm a worker. I don't carry money often so all they get is experience points from attacking me .. if they win.

Why can't workers/builders just deal with the fact that being attacked is part of the game and set a few skill points in the right places and handle their own problems?

DeletedUser

No need to get all bent out of shape about it. Players/towns decide to make ingame morality rules to increase the efficiency of respective classes. Duelers/soldiers take on the role of enforcing these artificial rules.

Play the game, play it the way you want, deal with the ingame consequences when you play outside of the accepted norm. Simple really.

DeletedUser

LOL .. Not bent out of shape really. Just sort of venting ;)

I'm a working and it just seems like most workers aren't willing to even try and fight their own battles ... some can't even defend themselves in telegrams, they have to get someone from another town to deal with it.

I've found I can defend myself very nicely with my wrench :)

DeletedUser

Its as you said builders spend all their points on strength and construction.
Not on duelling.
There class is set up to build. They are encouraged to build.
The moral conundrum is do you hit someone who has aboslutely no skill in fighting and expect it to be a fair duel?
Some could argue you know this is the case and will hit only builders as they are a easy win, while avoiding harder to win tragets such as soldiers and duellers.

DeletedUser

I guess it just gets frustrating having people complain to me and the other founders about 1 or 2 of our town members hitting a worker. Being a worker and having been attacked a lot of times I've learned to at least try and do something to defend myself a little better. I guess I just don't understand why they can't at least try and fight their own battles before crying about it.:D

DeletedUser

Unless it's a new job that I can't do without work clothes, I always switch to dueling clothes after the job is scheduled. I usually lose, but I'm now 13-67 (I bet I get attacked more than you) with 3 defensive KOs.

DeletedUser

I'm an adventurer, and I don't really know why the builders are all whining that they are getting attacked. I get dueled a lot and I have almost no skills towards it, so I am an easy target. Just like the builders, but they have their own thread when they get attacked, I have to fend for myself (I think we have a pretty average town forum).

DeletedUser

I think builders should stop whining and do something about the attacks themselves. Builders were the first people attacked in the west by other towns .. they didn't want a town close by that might be bigger then they were.

DeletedUser

I laugh at all those who contact town founders because their workers were attacked by duelers or soldiers.:laugh::laugh: Especially when they contact me crying about it.:laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

I'm an adventurer, and I don't really know why the builders are all whining that they are getting attacked. I get dueled a lot and I have almost no skills towards it, so I am an easy target. Just like the builders, but they have their own thread when they get attacked, I have to fend for myself (I think we have a pretty average town forum).
Adventurers don't need to be associated with a town, and thus their means of defense against duels is simple.

Workers, on the other hand, are part & parcel to a town. They are instrumental in building a town, in exposing themselves for hundreds of hours whilst they construct.

DeletedUser

I laugh at all those who contact town founders because their workers were attacked by duelers or soldiers.:laugh::laugh: Especially when they contact me crying about it.:laugh::laugh:
Hmm, so you would prefer they not try diplomacy, and instead continue to send all their duelers/soldiers to exact revenge until the offending town dissolves?

DeletedUser

You know what they call people without morals right, psychopaths.

DeletedUser

I merely stated that I laugh at the crybaby attitudes of those who attack, attack, attack and when the shoe is on the other foot they come crying that their builders were attacked.

You see our town workers have been attacked relentlessly and so our towns duelers/soldiers attacked in retaliation. Once this happened the other towns contacted us via telegram to whine and cry about it.

It makes me laugh to think that when the shoe is on the other foot how they come crying about it.

Now I say what is good for one is good for another.

Diplomacy was thrown out the window when threats of war or retaliation telegrams were received.

If they don't want their workers attacked then they need to learn to leave others town workers alone. Otherwise it just escalates into a range war.

And I also noticed just in case no one has ever really looked. When you click upon a towns saloon all you see is who can be dueled. Not what class they are. So maybe, just maybe some people never check to see what class a person is by clicking on their profile. So you know sometimes it could be purely accidental that workers are dueled based upon this fact alone. And if that's the case maybe others shouldn't be so quick to judge and retaliate.

Now maybe you can understand why I laugh at the tards when they come crying. For heavens sake people need to maybe just sit back and look at the reality of the game, it's flaws and the fact that only in the sense of morality is it against the rules to duel a worker, not the game itself. Now by no means do I say go attack workers, but when my towns workers are attacked by some person from another town then all bets are off and their workers become fair game to our towns duelers/soldiers. Fair is fair.

Nothing psychopath or immoral about it. Merely a good laugh at those who want to be school yard bullies and flex their muscles because their workers were attacked, no mater the reason behind the attack in the first place.

DeletedUser

No thats not what he's saying. Besides .. if the worker is so offended by the attack then it should be the worker contacting the one attacking them .. not another town or player. If that fails then the worker should either contact the other players founder or he/she should contact their own duelers to deal with continual attacks. But they should at the very least TRY to handle it themselves.

DeletedUser

Well Kitten, every town is managed differently. Some prefer to setup an ambassador, to decrease instances of "emotional outbursts" that merely create bigger problems for the town as a whole.

DeletedUser

I merely stated that I laugh at the crybaby attitudes of those who attack, attack, attack and when the shoe is on the other foot they come crying that their builders were attacked.

You see our town workers have been attacked relentlessly and so our towns duelers/soldiers attacked in retaliation. Once this happened the other towns contacted us via telegram to whine and cry about it.

It makes me laugh to think that when the shoe is on the other foot how they come crying about it.

Now I say what is good for one is good for another.

Diplomacy was thrown out the window when threats of war or retaliation telegrams were received.

If they don't want their workers attacked then they need to learn to leave others town workers alone. Otherwise it just escalates into a range war.

And I also noticed just in case no one has ever really looked. When you click upon a towns saloon all you see is who can be dueled. Not what class they are. So maybe, just maybe some people never check to see what class a person is by clicking on their profile. So you know sometimes it could be purely accidental that workers are dueled based upon this fact alone. And if that's the case maybe others shouldn't be so quick to judge and retaliate.

Now maybe you can understand why I laugh at the tards when they come crying. For heavens sake people need to maybe just sit back and look at the reality of the game, it's flaws and the fact that only in the sense of morality is it against the rules to duel a worker, not the game itself. Now by no means do I say go attack workers, but when my towns workers are attacked by some person from another town then all bets are off and their workers become fair game to our towns duelers/soldiers. Fair is fair.

Nothing psychopath or immoral about it. Merely a good laugh at those who want to be school yard bullies and flex their muscles because their workers were attacked, no mater the reason behind the attack in the first place.

Oh, well in that case.

At first I thought you were farming other towns then refusing to halt when asked to do so.

I'm in a similar situation on world nine, haven't received a telegram yet but I'm sure we will soon.

DeletedUser

well,i agree,attacking workers is unfair,Hellstromm,you did something to Elmyr's avatar.

DeletedUser

attacking workers is ok, this is the wild west. Im a worker myself and i often get challenged, almost as often as i challenge other players. ;)

big deal