Worker tips please?

DeletedUser

Hi i'm kinda new to The West and I'm intrigued by the worker class. I've tried looking up guides but there doesn't seem to be much help.

I've kinda spread my skills & attributes out evenly so far but any tips or strategies I should know?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

DeletedUser

#1, stop spreading your skills and attributes. The primary role of the worker is builder. Lower con, building costs more and takes longer. Plus, con has great skills at low levels, so you're also slowing your own growth by spreading around your SP and AP.

DeletedUser

I agree. Just bang all attributes into strength, all skills into construction. The offset of having to build for no cash is that you get some good money earning jobs very early on in the game. Don't worry about duelling, your town should have duellers/soldiers to protect and get some revenge for any attacks on you. Also, with your elevated HP it'll take a cannon to make you pass out.

DeletedUser

Damn and I spread mine out and am nearly to level 10. Wish I had known this sooner.

By chance I'm considering adventure class once I reach level 10. Maybe not the right choice considering. lol.

DeletedUser

If you've wound up speccing for questing, don't let it bother you too much. It will slow you down a little bit, but you can respec later on after you finish Waupee's Grandfather you'll have access to the shaman, which will let you sell back skills/attributes for SP/AP. It can get expensive, but 10 levels worth isn't too bad.

The other option is not to change. Make this account your quester and start another account on another world. You'll have one guy who can do all the quests and you won't feel as deprived on the other worlds. This path is best for adventurers who are best suited for soloing.

DeletedUser

another tips..
1. don't build unless your building motivation is 100% (build only once per day)
2. choose melee weapon
3. make carving out claims as your main money source
4. there is a gossip that praying before finishing building will increase your luck
5. bring lot of money, message me in game, and don't sleep ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

0000aaaaaastats.png

As you can see im a worker im putting everything into strengh and all my skill points into construction

i messed up at the start by putting 5 points into shooting and aim but oh well lol still looking fairly good

If you wan tmore advice about workers message me ingame my names sam12239

DeletedUser

You don't have to be quite that single minded to make good progress, but putting all attributes into strength and about half your points on construction is definitely worthwhile. I've used my other points for quest completing skills, they can always be reset later.

Once you have a few levels of skill you get some fantastic jobs with a decent variety of cash, exp and item chance. Setting up telegraph poles is my favourite of the low-ish level ones: great exp, good cash and a decent chance of a valuable product that the duellers cant steal if they attack you.

DeletedUser

Thanks very much guys for all your advice!

As someone said above, wish I'd known it sooner but no matter. From now on I'll start dumping it all as you say and will consider the Shaman thing (didn't know about that!) when I get to it.

Nice one!

:D

DeletedUser

yes there is no basic guide on each class =p thats why i make my own thread before adding the points ~ i was lvl 7 and no pts used up >.<