Work to Sleep Ratio

DeletedUser

Give me a break! Honestly what kind of wuss works 4-6 hours and then has to sleep for 8 hours before he can do anything else. :nowink:

DeletedUser

buy premium if you don't want to be wuss :p
In RL I study for 2/3 hour and then go to sleep.:bandit:

DeletedUser1105

Have you ever built a bridge for 6 hours straight with no rest, no food and no water?

I think you'd want to sleep to.

And you don't HAVE to sleep for 8 hours, you can cancel it at any point and keep the energy you have regained up to that point.

DeletedUser

Well, here in the real world I'm a one mealer, one meal a day. I also don't have any problem at all doing any kind of hard work for 16 hours straight. Even if I am cutting down trees and carrying them to a truck or wood pile. But omg fishing, picking berries, picking cotton, shoveling dung from stables, etc etc... WUSS jobs!

The Work:Sleep Ratio is pathetic in this game.

DeletedUser

Have you ever picked cotton or shoveled dung? I guarantee you that you will be one hurt individual after a full day of it.

Also, I work at least 10 hrs a day, most of the time 12 and I don't have the premium. It can be done if you plan accordingly.

CORRECTION: It is not that easy to get in that last 2 hr gig unless your hotel is lvl 5 and your travel times are short.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8312

Have you ever picked cotton or shoveled dung? I guarantee you that you will be one hurt individual after a full day of it.

Also, I work at least 10 hrs a day, most of the time 12 and I don't have the premium. It can be done if you plan accordingly.

Do you think you can PM me how to plan accordingly? Im new and im getting very little work in at the moment

DeletedUser

Do you think you can PM me how to plan accordingly? Im new and im getting very little work in at the moment

You are most likely staying in lower level hotels and not recovering as much energy therefore. Non-premium you recover 8 points for lvl 1, 9 for lvl 2, 10 for lvl3, 11 for lvl 4, and 12.5 for lvl 5. Add +50% for them all for premium. If you are not an adventurer, the higher the level the more costly it is, unless you belong to that town. An adventurer can stay in any level 2 hotel for free (level 4 w/premium) and can recover energy faster from the hotels because of this.

DeletedUser

It's eight hours. But I guess you had to bend that fact so your complaint has a prayer of actually being read.

There are people that work eight hours, fiddle around with things in the house then sleep. Try the majority of the Middle Class in America.

It makes sense. And you have no ways of improving it, all you have is a line of QQ. I'm enjoying this game without Premium with my 'wuss' work hours. Yep, eight hours a day is for pansies!

:unsure:

DeletedUser

well,you cant do jobs in the west in real life like tradin with indians,coz there arent any indians in my country,England
you cant do jobs irl like,granite mining,irrigation system,coal mining claim carving,because they dont happen anymore
nice avatar Sadhatter

DeletedUser

Give me a break! Honestly what kind of wuss works 4-6 hours and then has to sleep for 8 hours before he can do anything else. :nowink:

If you know what you are doing you work 12 hours and sleep 12 hours in a 24 hour period. That is a full day in anyone but a fanatic's view.

DeletedUser

well,you cant do jobs in the west in real life like tradin with indians,coz there arent any indians in my country,England
you cant do jobs irl like,granite mining,irrigation system,coal mining claim carving,because they dont happen anymore
nice avatar Sadhatter

You are sadly mistaken if you think these jobs no longer occur. When any construction project commences where in the world do you think they get the fill and materials for the concrete mix? When they are setting up a new greenhouse or farming operation how do you think they water the crops? 50% of our electrical grid in the US is supplied by coal-fired plants, does it just appear? I have personally witnessed claim carving and no I am not ancient but do live in gold bearing country in the SW US. Anymore nonexistent jobs you wish to discuss?

DeletedUser

<John Wayne Voice> I hate to break the news to ya, pardner, but "The West" was the West of the United States and not the UK. I also hate to bust your bubble but you can do these in real life.</voice>

You must be very young to believe that these jobs don't exist in real life.

Coal Mining -
Head to the southern counties in West Virginia and tell them that you can't mine for coal. Coal mining is a good paying job but also a dangerous one and can be very labor intensive. Yes, it is a lot safer today than it once was and machines have made life easier. ...but it is still coal mining. It goes on in dozens of states in the U.S., including the Western US. Pay is between $10-$40 per hour dependent upon skillset plus benefits. Some longwall miners can make over $100,000US per year; the downside is that they risk their health.

Irrigation -
When I was a bit younger I dug irrigation ditches and put pipes in them. I might to that in a few months when it thaws though I can't see wasting such a precious resource as water to keep my lawn green. There are people that get paid to dig ditches with and without machines. Pay is about $5-$15 per hour without benefits.

Granite mining - You most certainly can do this and it isn't as hard as it was, but there are still some labor intensive steps. (drilling, explosives, blasting, loading, delivery, cutting, etc.) I don't know the pay scale.

Claim Carving -
Most claims are already carved. I have to agree with you there. ...there are, however, some areas where you can pan for gold for fun and even for profit. Someone else owns the property and you are just digging on it.

Tradin with Indians -
There are many Native Americans or American Indians and they will definitely trade and barter with you. Generally you are trading green dollars for their merchandise but there are some places that will trade things (similar to pawn shops) for things. People may even trade livestock with Native Americans (you can get a Donkey when trading in this game).

Everything that you thought was not possible to perform as a job is, indeed, possible.

nice avatar Sadhatter

DeletedUser5046

te west and me...

RL: first thing in te morning you brush your teeth, take a bath, eat *if ever* then go to work (and play the west...)
of course after sumtime you'll check your accounts (gee you've upgraded nice work!!)
and hey (still have 16 energy points! i guess you can still work overtime for ten more minutes before....) after that. . .sleepy in real world...so (you should sleep too..i know picking cotton is a lot harder than sitting and staring at te window all day. . .)

DeletedUser

Well, here in the real world I'm a one mealer, one meal a day. I also don't have any problem at all doing any kind of hard work for 16 hours straight. Even if I am cutting down trees and carrying them to a truck or wood pile. But omg fishing, picking berries, picking cotton, shoveling dung from stables, etc etc... WUSS jobs!

If shoveling dung from stables is anything like shoveling a snowy driveway.. I know I wouldn't want to do that for 16 hours straight... Let alone 1 hour straight :blink:

DeletedUser

Thank god the rest of the world has balls... Otherwise people wouldn't get their hands dirty and do 'clean' or 'high-paying' or 'not-as-vital-to-the-infrastructure' kinds of jobs.

DeletedUser

I like to sleep for multiple days some times
it gets me high after the hookah