Why do you play The West?

DeletedUser

I'm not trying to be obnoxious or anything here, I swear.

I'm genuinely curious -- why do you play The West?

Personally, I don't know. I mean, it doesn't make sense to me, really. I basically only have one character on one world and that's a builder. Not the most exciting option, I know. I mean, I don't do much but log-in and set my worker to do one of the three mundane jobs I have in his rotation. Every once in awhile he'll level up and I'll distribute the skill points in their appropriate places, then I'll go back to rotating his schedule of working and sleeping.

I don't know why I even bother playing. I think it's the prospect that I'm getting something done while not really having to think, but I honestly can't say for sure.

Why do you play The West?

DeletedUser

I play The West because I have a passion for the West, Cowboy's and Indians since I was a little boy!

I have the luxury of being online for 18 hours of the day. So The West is something I can sit and play fortunately.

I enjoy online gaming and The West offers me this..
I have also met people from all over the world and now come together and build a town and made friendships.

Besides the gaming aspect of advancing a player, completing quests, I also enjoy the "social aspect" of being a diplomat, creating alliances and making new friends.

There is more to The West than just a game!

;-) :cool:

DeletedUser

well, i think that because The west is webgame of the year 2008

DeletedUser

I play the game because it is entertainment. In both my towns, communication is a big part. I interact with the other residents and we have a good time acting as a team. So:

Comraderie
Entertainment
Opportunity to apply strategy/tactic skills
Entertainment
Opportunity to apply leadership skills
Entertainment

It's a game. One of the things that makes internet games so fun is the ability to socialize and interact while you play the game. It becomes a team sport.

DeletedUser

Only cuz it's the best browser game ever!

For me I have a computer job, so I'm online 8 hours min a day. Gives me something to do every couple of hours. I love MMO's and RPGs and since getting married and having kids and a job and a life... I don't have time for the WOW type of games. So The West gives me my fix of RPGs and being able to check it every couple of hours from my work or home computer is great!

I've played a lot of webbrowser games, travian, tribal wars, the list can go on forever... but The West is the best. I love that it never ends and the endless amounts of character builds allows me to play multiple accounts (on different worlds of course). And the developers are always doing something new to have me coming back for more!

DeletedUser

Only cuz it's the best browser game ever!

For me I have a computer job, so I'm online 8 hours min a day. Gives me something to do every couple of hours. I love MMO's and RPGs and since getting married and having kids and a job and a life... I don't have time for the WOW type of games. So The West gives me my fix of RPGs and being able to check it every couple of hours from my work or home computer is great!

I've played a lot of webbrowser games, travian, tribal wars, the list can go on forever... but The West is the best. I love that it never ends and the endless amounts of character builds allows me to play multiple accounts (on different worlds of course). And the developers are always doing something new to have me coming back for more!

Same reason as you.. :)

DeletedUser

i have always loved the western.. right from the time of louis l'amour books, which i read quite some years back.. and playing a RPG game based on that is like icing on the cake..and also like hellstorm said.. internet gaming helps socialize make new friends without the geographical boundaries..

DeletedUser

I play the west because it's fun and it tests your abilitys i guess.. lol. umm i was just on miniclip then i saw this sidebar that said the west so i clicked it and went to the game.... thats how i pretty much started and now i made 2 characters and put them both on 4 hour working proccesers or watever and go outside or watch tv till i wait till the jobs to be done.. smart right? lol

DeletedUser

Mainly because I haven't come up with a good reason to quit and it doesn't take much time or effort.

DeletedUser

I play the west because tribalwars had to introduce the game to all their players and I just thought "this seems fun" and joined along with a group of tribemates. But of course now it's plain boring, but doesn't take much time to play, so I stick around.

DeletedUser3717

I play The-west because it gives me something to do whilst I'm watching TV or chatting to some friends on messenger & Skype.

I've met a ton of people all from diffrent parts of the world and some where I am, It's intresting learning about how it is over there and whats it like etc.

So I guess I'm playing because of friends & The great community

DeletedUser

i enjoy the feeling of wow i just took that guy down or wow my town is geting big i also love the way its set up and i have yet to find a game like it

DeletedUser13484

i like playing it cos there is always really good updates to the game and the people behind the game put thought and hard work in to it to make it better for the games

Laural

I'm sorta like the thread starter, I'm not sure at this point. It is something new for me and I love to RP and have wished there was a good West RP out there. I found this in a search and find it is something I can pop into, punch a few keys and have a little fun. :)

I like the fact that it is not too intense.

I like the concept and appreciate the developers efforts.

DeletedUser

A small taste of an era - we can't comprehend today.

Excuse me for lacking a sense of humor.

When I watched a show called "Texas House Ranch", a series which a family from San Francisco, California took on a challenge to live in the 1850's Texas era. (( it occurs to me that we take for granted - how people will stay with their employers to carve out a new life for themselves after losing everything from wartime.)) Human relationships are fragile.

I'd like to think - everyone gets a fair chance.

This really wasn't the case, in this era - and everyone was questioned with some kind of suspicious fear. Zealots for example seemed to fill false things in the heads of commoners.

Growing a simple garden to feed a family - as well as making sure the kitchen is stocked and cleaned correctly has been very challenging in that period as well. (( The Game Developers really should pay attention to this department - and offer players what it was like to struggle... having to put clothes on your back, and food in your family's bodies.))

Waste is a very huge problem --- if you didn't dispose correctly, you can literally poison people, and animals.

Again, I like the game for at least "trying" to take a step in this era...

Truthfully,

This game really does grow on you, as well as the NPC characters.
(( at least I felt like I contributed to the rise or fall of a township.))

As if my opinion really mattered... This game, it did.

T.G.

DeletedUser

nashota

I like this game for a number of reasons.
1) When your in the Hotel your not attacked - peace of mind.
2) Its hard as hell to get into trouble if your at home. 3) Due to my significant others previous government employment. Any electronic device that he may remotely have access to is under surveillance both electronically and eyes on 24/7- 365 days a year.
4) By being online with the same IP address I can prove where and when I was some place.
Therefore I can prove my where abouts 24 hours a day.
5) Im epileptic and can't play games that stobe with actions.
I really wish the IT people would stop flashing from tan to blue and just switch to the solid blue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I play because I have friends who play it and it's a way to pass time. It's mildly amusing, and I keep playing with the hope that it will get better. If it took much time to maintain accounts, I surely would not keep playing it because it's terribly uneventful :/