why do you folks sell stuff

DeletedUser

specifically why do you sell quest items/rewards when you have unlimited room in your backpack and the game is constantly expanding so that previously uneeded items become vital? Is it just n00bishness? I mean when I started the game the first time I sold the empty bottle because I saw no need for it and I was a greedy fool (but then again it hasn't bitten me in the arse yet either)...........thoughts

DeletedUser

because if I want to buy something, i need money, And how I can get money? by workin, by duelin and by selling items. If I'a at level 5 and I see an item that worth 28, if I don't know weststats I sell it! surely

DeletedUser

ignorance is bliss

until you find out you need it later on
like the handcuffs, i kept those and completed a quest i wouldnt have been able to do for a while XD

DeletedUser1105

I found that I needed to sell items in order to be able to buy the clothes I needed for quests. I was always sure to keep items I knew would be needed for quests, and also kept one off items (like the bottle, the hand cuffs...I still have a santa hat and easter egg).

Certainly for the first 40 levels I did this, and without it I would have been waiting a much longer time to buy the items.

Now that I'm at a level where I can easily earn good money if needed, I am keeping all of my items though because the benefit of selling them no longer outweighs the fact that I might need them for future, as-yet-unknown, quests.

DeletedUser

The single most insane thing I can think of to sell is the parcel from the first adventurer quest. It's like they say cool, $16! And immediately run to the nearest town to sell it. It's not like they have to wait to do the next quest.

DeletedUser

yeah it's the folks selling the parcels and letters and uniforms that boggle my mind the most.

DeletedUser

At the beginning of the game I didn't knew that handcuffs were important at all, so I inmediately sold them. Now I regret of that, because I can't do a quest that requires them. So i went to weststats and checked how could I get those handcuffs again and
it's really difficult to get them back, I mean there's only 1% of chance to get them (much harder than obtaining union flag).

DeletedUser

At the beginning of the game I didn't knew that handcuffs were important at all, so I inmediately sold them. Now I regret of that, because I can't do a quest that requires them. So i went to weststats and checked how could I get those handcuffs again and
it's really difficult to get them back, I mean there's only 1% of chance to get them (much harder than obtaining union flag).

i've found 3 of them so far. its not impossible.

i dont sell products anymore, but i used to. now i sell clothes and stuff that i have extras of. i also sell old, useless weapons like rusty weapons i find. im starting to wonder if you may need more than one talisman/stone chain, as i have found at least 6 stone chains and 3 talismans. and i've only kept one of each.

DeletedUser

It's like when Richard Pryor was making the movie Stir Crazy, he asked an inmate (a man who was in prison for killing a household of people) why he killed everyone in the house. The inmate replied "cause they was home."

DeletedUser14240

Oh No... Wish I would have read here first. I thought you could only carry a limited amount of stuff so I've been selling things (like the dang handcuffs). Most of the time I sell items I know are easy to get again...like corn, beans, etc. Now that I've learned there is no limit, I know I will run into some quest or job where I'll need something that is hard to regain.

DeletedUser

hard to regain lol. i just spent past week doing my lowest paying,ep,and lowest luck jobs getting stuff for quest i allready had and sold.ill never sell job products again only items i find and dont need.

DeletedUser

Yeah, it was n00bishness on my part. But then again, it doesn't really matter because I'm a builder and I don't plan on doing the quests beyond... well, I don't plan on doing the quests. My next build is going to be a dueller for sure. As a matter of fact, I'm going to get to that right now. :)

DeletedUser

I guess I was lucky that I read through these forums, especially the guides, while I was waiting for my first jobs to finish! I have only ever sold job products if they came from jobs I was doing regularly and I had plenty to spare.

DeletedUser

The single most insane thing I can think of to sell is the parcel from the first adventurer quest. It's like they say cool, $16! And immediately run to the nearest town to sell it. It's not like they have to wait to do the next quest.

rofl.. did anybody actually do that???

I sell products and duds if i dont need them.. except rare items.. sad part.. havent found a single rare item in world 1.. heheh

Last edited by a moderator: