Which pure to select?

DeletedUser

Except it starts as slow as trading. If you're going pure leadership for fort battles, go strength/leadership.

DeletedUser

I'd have to say that I enjoy my pure trader on W12. Even tho he had a slow start, he's really rocketing now with Marriage Swindler, Teach, etc. He has infinite ways to make money, and finds many costly items from WATM.

That being said, I'm gonna go pure dueler or fort fighter soon...considering those are the only meaningful lasting builds in the game(IMO).

DeletedUser

I'd have to say that I enjoy my pure trader on W12. Even tho he had a slow start, he's really rocketing now with Marriage Swindler, Teach, etc. He has infinite ways to make money, and finds many costly items from WATM.

That being said, I'm gonna go pure dueler or fort fighter soon...considering those are the only meaningful lasting builds in the game(IMO).

What is pure fort fighter stats?
If I wanna be a fort fighter is it good to put all my AP to Strenght and SP to Stamina, Leadership, aim and health?

Finally I decided to go with Soldier Fort fighter and I'll put all AP to Dexterity and SP to Stamina, Leadership, Aim and Health...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31397

Not really good idea, put all AP in strenght that way you get stamin and health, and worry about aim later as it wont give you any jobs so you can level up......

DeletedUser

Not at all of a good idea. Dexterity is horrible for a fort fighter.
Strength: 2 skills, stamina and the most important skill, health (and at low levels AP is preferable to SP)
Mobility: 2 skills, hiding and dodging
Dexterity: 1 skill, aim
Charisma: 1 skill, leadership

Strength and/or mobility are the only attributes for a fort fighter, and I prefer strength.

Pure strength/leadership is the way to start a fort fighter.

DeletedUser31859

My opinion:
Be a dueler and give your skills to
Strength(Sometimes. you also need some health to stay alive!) and Dexterity.
Shooting/Vigor, Toughness, Dodging, Reflex, Tactics, Appearance, Aiming. Some jobs give you more money while some give you more experience but believe me, there is no job as worthy as dueling. It gives you experience and money. both. You can get nice amount of money. Because from my experience in World 5, i got 200 experience average from each duel and 400$ average from each duel. It also gives you a great respect when you become a master.....So my opinion is duelist.

DeletedUser

Money and XP yes, but then again, you can get that with anything.
The difference is that with "anything" you get items and products, but you never get any item or product from dueling.

DeletedUser2708

And duelling requires a lot more RL time, especially for the amount of xp and money it takes to level -- and as pointed out, you get no items or products. But if you prefer a more active style of play, then go for it.

DeletedUser

And not everyone likes PvP, and even if they do they won't necessarily enjoy The West's version. I DO PvP in other games, but to me, every duel is exactly the same.

DeletedUser

Money and XP yes, but then again, you can get that with anything.
The difference is that with "anything" you get items and products, but you never get any item or product from dueling.

You get items and products with a duel build too. Shooting and appearence unlocks some great jobs; Roam the land as gambler, Work as sheriff, Ambush stagecoach are some examples.

DeletedUser

There is a big difference in doing jobs (with shooting, appearance, whatever) and doing duels. The suggestion up there is to do duels. And not to do jobs. At all.

DeletedUser

So I'll put all AP into strength and SP to Stamina till I reach around L40 and then I'll go for leadership and aim (but I'll keep putting AP to strenght)
How does this sound????

DeletedUser

Combination Strength and Stamina (practically pure stamina) sounds as a very bad idea.

DeletedUser31397

Agree, very bad idea in long term, but in start it can be good as you fast unlock 100+ exp job harvesting potato......

Yoou could go pure stamina untill level 20 to unlock some jobs, then switch to leadership untill level 50 orso......

DeletedUser

On the last world I started, I was only pure stamina for 8 or so levels. After that I was strength/leadership until around level 60. I don't remember, a lot of the reason for the cut off was having enough LP on jobs for at least a few pieces of dueling gear. 40 levels is WAY too much, nobody needs that much stamina.

DeletedUser

So I'm now L20 and after this if I add AP to strenght and SP to leadership till L50's and I believe after that I need to go for aim, right???

DeletedUser31397

Yes maybe little for 5 or 10 levels, but its worst skill as it wont give you any jobs, :) after youre done with aim, go pure HP for rest of levels ;)