When lvl cap will increase?

Noobmic

So I was lvl 99 for one year and 11 days (lvl 99 reached on 11 dec 2009 and 1.30 was added on 22 dec 2010).

I made some calculation and one level is made in max 10 days (usually 7) for servers with 2h jobs (where is 1h job it is faster).

This means that in max 180 days (for 2h jobs on server) we will reach max lvl.

I tend to think ahead so this question is more for dev's or CM, there is some update planned after July that will increase lvl cap?

I want to add that I play this game only for quests, interaction with other players and to collect every item in the game so for the 3rd objective I have some work to do (now I have almost every item until 1.30 update - max 15 items, my inventory has 3,000+ items), but I know and I've seen in the past that good players quit this game because they didn't had anything to do.

I just wanted to bring this problem to discussion so we will not wait again one year before lvl cap is increased.

Response:
Zet; said:
Contrary to the public opinion, we have no plans for raising the level limit again. You can gain XP when reaching the level cap and thus still fighting for the #1 rank position.

http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=454&lang=en#comments
(thanks to Elmyr for the response).

Last edited:

DeletedUser

To paraphrase zet, "you're making a false assumption that the cap will ever be raised again." I just wish I could find the quote.

DeletedUser

every game runs into this issue so i don't think raising the level will solve the problem. most other games have an 'end game' and i think that's what the-west should take a look at. currently fort battles are the only thing we have and the most valuable item is the #3 key. The quest golden weapons have made named weapons obsolete. so fort battlers fight for the chance to get the key and laborers respec at max level in hopes of getting it as a drop. releasing new named weapons up to 120 would be a big boost to interest.

DeletedUser

for as long as it took to raise the cap, i would seriously doubt it would be anytime soon, if ever

i like wyndlls idea tho, some new weapons would be something cool

DeletedUser

So I was lvl 99 for one year and 11 days (lvl 99 reached on 11 dec 2009 and 1.30 was added on 22 dec 2010).

I made some calculation and one level is made in max 10 days (usually 7) for servers with 2h jobs (where is 1h job it is faster).

This means that in max 180 days (for 2h jobs on server) we will reach max lvl.

Why do you think everyone levels that fast? Only really serious players set themselves to level within a certain time period, while others just don't care about when they reach the cap. Most of the players tend to slow down when they reach 70 or something like that. I've played W5 from day one and I still only 95.

DeletedUser

Yeah, that is pretty slow. I went from the mid-60s to 99 on w1 with 99% of my xp from fort battles and that took about a year with almost no effort. I've quit a couple worlds in the 80s, but that's not my usual practice.

DeletedUser

Yeah, that is pretty slow. I went from the mid-60s to 99 on w1 with 99% of my xp from fort battles and that took about a year with almost no effort.

Well clearly you and I have a different view on effort that s put into playing this game. We all know that you are the type who aims for a place in the hall of fame, while I just like to take it more casually. And Im about an average player, most are way slower than me.

DeletedUser

Well clearly you and I have a different view on effort that s put into playing this game. We all know that you are the type who aims for a place in the hall of fame, while I just like to take it more casually. And Im about an average player, most are way slower than me.

Yeah, a year from 65 to 99 makes me a power gamer. :rolleyes:

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
It's not like you can playing the game 'rushing' or 'relaxed', all you have to do is click a few buttons every few hours.

I don't understand why the game lacks goals though, or why as gaming company they aren't try to create the mechanisms which make games fun and addicting. The duelling highscores has survived pretty well, everything else has been messed around, although they are going to change how duelling works (I hope it's done right the first time).

A place on the hall of fame makes you a power gamer.

Not when the game lacks regular and experienced players.
Even I can get above rank 30 overall and I have periods where I completely ignore the game. If the community was replaced with the community of a more popular game I wouldn't get near the top 20%.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I made some calculation and one level is made in max 10 days (usually 7) for servers with 2h jobs
25 day that 1.30 update come for .net server and i am in level 107 for world9
means around 82k exp
82000/25=3.2 day
max 4 day ... not 7 day :)
2 more month for reach level 120 ;) ( but maybe some more than 2 month ! maybe 2.5 month :unsure: )

DeletedUser25632

25 day that 1.30 update come for .net server and i am in level 107 for world9
means around 82k exp
82000/25=3.2 day
max 4 day ... not 7 day :)
2 more month for reach level 120 ;) ( but maybe some more than 2 month ! maybe 2.5 month :unsure: )

So you were able to average out 3.2 days per level up until level 107, you have 13 more levels to go, not everyone can do X job to gain X amount of XP. Also, it was said max of 10 days, not 7. :p When you reach level 120 or someone else, we can officially have the "Average" for a Hardcore or Casual player.

Noobmic

@JonOfTheWest he is playing on W9 where job duration is 1h and it makes sense, at my calculation I specified for 2h job world.

DeletedUser25632

@JonOfTheWest he is playing on W9 where job duration is 1h and it makes sense, at my calculation I specified for 2h job world.

World 9 is not a 1 hour job, it's 2 hours. Only Worlds 11, 12, Arizona, and Briscoe are 1 hour jobs.

Noobmic

Sorry in that case, I was thinking that W9 was with 1h job. Then in this case vitamin lvl can be explained only by not having done all quests at lvl 99 and/or much more fort battles, but this doesn't happen on every world and @vitamin2002 cane you make some calculation that how much xp you got from fort battles/quests?

DeletedUser

Sorry in that case, I was thinking that W9 was with 1h job. Then in this case vitamin lvl can be explained only by not having done all quests at lvl 99 and/or much more fort battles, but this doesn't happen on every world and @vitamin2002 cane you make some calculation that how much xp you got from fort battles/quests?

i just gain 3200 exp from quest for now ( after level cap removed ) as i do all the high experince quest ( like level 67 and 75 as i take my medal for key3 / golden gun before update release ) and all another quest , when i was level 99 for more than 9 month :mad:

but for fort battle : i can not say anything as in world 9 we have good full side fort battles ... :D
PS : i am level 108 now !

DeletedUser

I don't expect any increase of lvl cap in the future.How ever they can give something like 1SP at every 10k xp and also let xp to pile up.Maybe some will stay in game for rankings :p