What to do? Problem player.

DeletedUser

So im finding out the downside of allowing people come to town for a shopping visit, you'll get guys like vic09 who decide it would be fun to drain the towns treasury by building within your town. What to do? Cant kick him, since theres an 24 hour cooldown on invite/kick. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I dont know if there is much you can do about it except to warn others about him. There is no way to know who you are inviting into town so by allowing shoppers you also have that risk that they will do something like this.

DeletedUser

I put in a ticket, hoping they will kick him for us. I hope someday we have slightly more in depth resident ranks, so we can set who can construct etc. sigh. :mad:

DeletedUser

Unfortunately I don't think sending a ticket will get him kicked out. The fact is he was invited to the town therefore he is a town member and capable of building the town. I understand he was invited to shop but he was still invited. Its a risk inviting people and not really knowing much about them. Kick him after the eight hours and be a little more wary next time someone would like to shop. I'll bet he doesn't even leave a donation. I agree that it would be nice to have a feature that only allows certain people to build.

DeletedUser

No doubt , it has been mentioned in other threads before , but this seems to be a glaring flaw in the gameplay.

Some form of ranking and restricting permissions for town members could easily stop this from happening, yet it seems the developers are unwilling to help town members protect themselves from these maelitous greivers.

Unfortunately I dont think this will be the last post made about this kind of pratice

DeletedUser

Un funnily enough we have just had exactly the same happen he has donated a sarcastic $2 and is busilly wasting town funds.

And we cant dismiss him and he isnt responding to telegrams.

In another thread it was mentioned that the developers wanted building to be unregulated.

However having no way to defend against these kind of players certainly deters me from investing in further purchases of nuggets.:mad:

I suppose all that can be done now is to follow with interest where he goes back to :angryg:

Just to name and shame the character in this instance is "JPEG" .......

Town founders beware , and I invite anyone with 12 energy to enjoy

DeletedUser

Which is one more reason to keep your town's assets private. If you only sold to real town members this would not be a problem.

What the developers haven't done it is provide a realistic markup on goods with a decent profit margin to the town coffers. At 4x the town cost everyone and their brother wants to be a member first. I am pretty sure a 25% markup would end this issue even if the town does not get any.

Aruk

DeletedUser

Why let 1 bad apple ruin it for everyone else? I have allowed different ones into our town to shop and we don't charge anything for it, they just seem to donate what they can after they have bought what they needed. I guess we're one of the lucky ones :).

Also we haven't had a problem with anyone wasting town funds.

DeletedUser

This has happened to my town at least once. Just get him the second the 24 hours is up.

DeletedUser9891

I'd get people in to duel the heck out of them, really.

Means they drop fast.

Didn't have build issues, just a fool that refused to donate as promised, so an alliance friend came over and pew pew'd him.

DeletedUser

as a homeless adventurer that needs to buy a shopping membership to towns to save alot of money .
1)i may look to see what building the towns working on so i know if i happen to come back by it in future to stop and look at new products.
2) if town is new and im treated well as in "sure man ill send invite" and they seem to be good folks ive doubled or tripled my donation
so not everyone is bad and sometimes you can make a repeat customer or even a future fellow town member
just my two cents worth i hate folks spoiling good thing for everyone for there fast, cheap, gready, gain, or chuckle.

P.S. im looking for that "mexican bandana" but thats something needs to be in another thread

DeletedUser

They should add in a feature that sets you to give a shopping invite, where he can only use shops and hotels, and is automatically kicked after 24 hours.

DeletedUser9891

That's a good idea :)

Available in the shop to buy, funds go to town and you are able to buy only... but not get town members rights.

This would prevent the building rubbish.

DeletedUser

Yeah I like that proposal beefwipe , also I would restrict access to towns forums from them also ;)

DeletedUser

So im finding out the downside of allowing people come to town for a shopping visit, you'll get guys like vic09 who decide it would be fun to drain the towns treasury by building within your town. What to do? Cant kick him, since theres an 24 hour cooldown on invite/kick. :mad:

Could you please say way this is even a problem? The money is in the town treasury to build thing and that what he/she is doing with it. O.k. maybe he/she is not building what you wand build next but it still need to be build at some point. If anything he/she is wasting there time build a town there not going to live in latter on.

DeletedUser

It's a waste of money when the person building is not a high enough level to really contribute to the construction of the town. Most towns have set builders who they know will not only get the job done, but will be the most efficient at doing said job. Outsiders who do not follow this logic, only cause problems.