What makes someone who is Theist, become Atheist? And what about the likewise?

DeletedUser1121

I am a firm believer that what the Bible says is true.

Therefore, i refuse to believe what can't be proven.

129095737977046362.jpg

Prove to me that what the bible says is true then. And i mean with facts.
Not just with random stuff about buildings.

I dare you.

DeletedUser

I think that it is not
a question of "what"is true or not in the Bible.

It is a matter of question on how we see it,and how we believe in all of that.

Personally,I don't like messing with this kind of things,but MY personal opinion of any religion is that in every one,there is something missing.This has costed us years and years of hate,war,killing and more hate.Wouldn't it be better if we all just "get allong"?Someone once said,:"I wish there were never religions!"-it was a child who lost it's parents in a war started by human hate for "difference"
How religios,and race.
Why some people turn into atheists?Again I say,I don't want to insult anyone,but maybe it is not all true,in those religions..
Most of it is not true,about forgiveness,sin,and all other stuff.God forgives you before you even "commit a sin"..It is just to scare people,that God is forgiving..
But let's not start a fight about this,okay?

If you believe in Bible,fine,(everyone should respect their believing)if you believe in something else,okay.Fine.It is your choice and you no one can take this from you.But what do you think,when you pray,go to the church,mosque, a temple,what comes from your heart,when you say a quet word that comes from deepest part of your soul.When you speak to God,Allah,Yahwe I don't know,that is most valuable thing,and no church,temple,mosqe,can do it instead of you.That is the most powerful thing,and I don't think no priest,hadji,can do it instead of YOU.Many religions deny this,but,we are all God.We are not a small piece,but the completeness.

And it is just the way YOU think about all of that.There is no right and wrong.It is the way we think about it.I don't want to say that no religion is not "so good"-but,we should start thinking out of the box.It is time.
Would you ever think that there are even greater enemies than our selfs humans to each other--So,why not be UNITED instead of parted-in wars and hate,that last for cenutries.Why be controlled instead of free?
Look around you,aren't you TIRED of hating ? why did it even start?Think about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1121

I have absolutely no problem what so ever with anybody who is religious.
Neither do i have problems with people who don't believe.

People who find hope/happiness or whatever in a religion all should do what makes them feel good.

I have a problem with people who tell lies.
And Blondie is lying. I don't mind him lying to himself. That is his problem.
But when he starts spreading around his lies. I just asked him to back up his own statement with proof. Because i would love to see him do the one thing we do share the same thoughts about: "we refuse to believe what can't be proven."

DeletedUser

"we refuse to believe what can't be proven."
Okay,you guys rellie on logic.
But maybe,the thing the main point I'm saying is that:What have you being told,you believed.And when you found out that that is not true,you refuse to believe in God the way it was OrDeREd to believe.And that is fine,I completely support you in that way.
And now you don't believe in anything right?
You found out that what you believed is not true?Right?Ok.
But did you ever thought that We are being pulled by our noses?If you know now that what you believed in isn't true,you stoped.
Why not search for truth then?Why stop*?If you geaved of finding a hole in your religion,why don't you greave for REAL TRUTH?
Do you want it?That is the question.I my self don't believe in any of the KNOWING religions,because I know-I know the truth of it,all of it.And if someone heard me,if they could,they would put me in jail or even kill me.
So I say,do you want to stop there,or find the answer?:)

DeletedUser1121

Blondie is a firm believer. And i am not.

I was never told to believe anything. Ever since i was a really little boy i wanted proof.
i once burned my hand when i was 3 years old because i wouldn't just believe that the stove was hot and i would burn myself. It is a hard and painful way to go through live.
Some people would rather be in denial and just believe what they are told. But i always ask the how or why.

Besides i really have a hard time following orders i don't see the point of use for.
It is a bit of stubbornes that runs in the family. I am still thankful that i don't have to join the military anymore. It would have been a terrible time for me.

DeletedUser

I am the same as you.I don't know if you understand this,but I am.I don't want to start an argument here,but ask your self(about the religions thing)do you want to know the truth about them-I think if you just open yourself for all bunch of real evidence,new things,you will find the answer.But for ME at least the answer is not to sit around,and denie(btw what should be denied)and not finding the truth.

I am asking you now,do you want to know the truth?Do you?
It's up to you.Remain stubborn,or start searching for truth.It will not make a difference for me,but for you.It is not my job to do this.

I believe you can do it.We all can,if we know where to look.:)

DeletedUser

Hi Hilarion, you failed to understand what Desi was pointing out. It was not Desi that said , "i refuse to believe what can't be proven," it was Blondie. And in just about the same post, Blondie bashed non-believers for accepting what is evidenced, or proven.

In other words, Desi was pointing out Blondie's hypocrisy, as Blondie believes in God, and the literal interpretation of the Bible, without proof, without even a modicum of substantiating evidence.

DeletedUser

Hi Hellstromm.xD
Look,in this topic I see nothing but fighting.I'm not sure what all of this will lead to.

Yes,there are people like that,and you are fighting over something that I don't understand.No offence to anybody.
There is no proof that the Bible is right,and many will denie that.I sead everything in my posts.
But,I do not want to continue this,because it will lead into even more chaos.

I don't understand what kind of a topic this has turned into.

DeletedUser

In the end,does it even matter?

I think the best way would be to lock this topic,because you all can see where this is leading.But,it's not mine to decide...

DeletedUser

In the end,does it even matter?
It matters in the regard if you're going to jump into a debate, the least you could do is read the posts and understand what, specifically, is being debated. Otherwise it's just a distraction, and a resulting derailment, to an ongoing debate.

DeletedUser

You can't "prove" God, so stop believing in it.

You can't prove evolution, so stop believing in it.

Recently, an experiment was done to try and prove that all life could have evolved from just a few species. Such an experiment would recreate how it would have went.

They took a species of fly, mutated it, and did it over and over, and eventually, they thought that they would have a new species.

All they did, however, was disprove their own belief, because all they could do was create a mutated species, not a different or new one.

The Bible is scientifically accurate thousands of years before its time.

And prophecies that were recognized before they took place.

One example is the prophecy of alexander the great, the israelites new that he was the fullfilment of Daniel's prophecy, and knew that once he finished his conquest, he would shortly die, and 4 men under him would stand in his place, but not with his power. This came true when Alexander died and his four general's stood in his place, but without Alexander's power.

There are many more evidences the Bible presents, but to relate to the group of athiests in this forum would be a waste of typing.

Since it takes far less intelligence to deny something rather than look at the facts with an unbiased view and realise that it is truth.

DeletedUser21720

I have worked with teens in the mental field, and have also known several folks who claimed to be atheist. In my observations, almost all took this stance due to much personal tragedy, mental and/or physical abuse, or experiencing the pain of others suffering. A few others simply were not exposed to religion/attending a church while growing up as children, therefore did not have any history of its teachings.

Personally, I am really not a very religious person, although i was raised going to 2 different churches. one from my mothers side of the family, and one from my fathers side. Even after seeing and experiencing the toughness/sadness of life through the years, i still choose to believe...

DeletedUser

You can't prove evolution, so stop believing in it.
Considered scientific fact, and we're still waiting for you to prove the existence of god, any god.

Recently, an experiment was done to try and prove that all life could have evolved from just a few species.
Source.

The Bible is scientifically accurate thousands of years before its time.
I'm eagerly awaiting your explaination for that outrageous claim.

And prophecies that were recognized before they took place.
Sure thing chode.

Cite the prophecy and yiour alleged proof.

There are many more evidences the Bible presents, but to relate to the group of athiests in this forum would be a waste of typing.
Odd, I was thinking it was a waste of time trying to reason with those whom refuse to see reason, yet here I am, responding to your post.

Since it takes far less intelligence to deny something rather than look at the facts with an unbiased view and realise that it is truth.
Hahahahhaha oh, the irony of that coming from you!

I have worked with teens in the mental field, and have also known several folks who claimed to be atheist. In my observations, almost all took this stance due to much personal tragedy, mental and/or physical abuse, or experiencing the pain of others suffering. A few others simply were not exposed to religion/attending a church while growing up as children, therefore did not have any history of its teachings.
Did you just claim atheism is a result of trauma and/or lack of indoctrination from a young age?

Personally, I am really not a very religious person, although i was raised going to 2 different churches. one from my mothers side of the family, and one from my fathers side. Even after seeing and experiencing the toughness/sadness of life through the years, i still choose to believe...
*sigh* It's far easier living your life believing in fairy-tales rather than accept the harsh realities of life.

DeletedUser21720

I did. Just an observation based on actual experiences with those who claim atheism. Their exact reasons go a little something like this: "there cant be a god, or this wouldnt happen to me. my family. or there wouldnt be so much suffering..."

I realize this doesnt account for everyone, but a good sample i think. As I said, a majority of those I have come across used this as their reason. The others being ignorant (non educated) on the subject. hence, the lack of it in their upbringing. Maybe a few have been philosophers who are deep thinkers, and just cannot see how its possible. I have looked at that side of it in the past, but you're exactly right- it is far easier living life believing. whatever makes life easier....
Oh, and believe me I accept the harsh realities of life. Believing simply helps you on your journey through the crapola we all deal with.

DeletedUser1121

great post John. well spoken.

@blondie who ever said i believe in evolution. Agnostism.

DeletedUser8950

Seriously. You cannot believe in evolution!
It is like you do not "believe" in gravity as there is nothing to believe in-it's proven. That's the difference between religion and atheisim-actual proof. You don't believe, you accept.

DeletedUser

I did. Just an observation based on actual experiences with those who claim atheism. Their exact reasons go a little something like this: "there cant be a god, or this wouldnt happen to me. my family. or there wouldnt be so much suffering..."
Well, looking at all the suffering in the world does make a benevolent, omnipotent, caring, and loving god figure seem like an unlikely fairy-tale. No?

My experience is that those whom are religiously inclined cling all the harder to their belief when the going gets hard. Like when a family member dies suddenly. Their belief will be manifested in their search for answers and signs.

I realize this doesnt account for everyone, but a good sample i think. As I said, a majority of those I have come across used this as their reason.
Neither my example nor your example makes either experience point out a fact or trend.
Both are anecdotal in terms of evidence.

The others being ignorant (non educated) on the subject. hence, the lack of it in their upbringing.
There is a world of difference between "lacking" religion in your upbringing and lacking education on religion in your upbringing.

(...) but you're exactly right- it is far easier living life believing. whatever makes life easier....
Oh, and believe me I accept the harsh realities of life. Believing simply helps you on your journey through the crapola we all deal with.
One does not accept the harsh realities of life by seeking refugee in the opiates of religion.

great post John. well spoken.

@blondie who ever said i believe in evolution. Agnostism.
Thanks Desi.

As for believing in evolution: see Dn5's answer quoted here:
It is like you do not "believe" in gravity as there is nothing to believe in-it's proven. That's the difference between religion and atheisim-actual proof. You don't believe, you accept.

DeletedUser

once more, your belief has not been proven either.

It takes far more faith to believe the 1:1,000,000,000,000,000 odds that life on earth came about by chance.