What determines items appearing in stores

DeletedUser

I would try a different theory than you chose. As you noticed, praying didn't help in some cases, so I don't think you need to pray. Also, town hall didn't either. The only idea still standing is: luck, random drops. I would only build during lucky days. I have good days and bad days. Days that I find items in a row and days when I find nothing, at the same high luck jobs, high motivation.
I would try leveling buildings up during lucky days.

DeletedUser

Maybe Prayer would benefit the most on Sunday in the game?

I dont have any conclusive evidence that prayer has helped in any aspect of the game for me.
I stopped using it a couple months ago.

DeletedUser

Ok Elmyr , you convinced me to give it a try again , Thanks =]

DeletedUser

skills

ive noticed sometimes at certain jobs, a skill helps you get the product faster, for eg ive always got the union flag easily, on my low level dex/shooter build, and heard lots of complaints about not finding it from people going on aspect
the same for injuries at some jobs, for eg. as a trapper i never got any serious injury from bears/wolves even with very low LP, but someone playing hider, doesnt even go close to those jobs because of high HP injuries..

what if construction will help you level something faster, and it does, and leadership/repairing help in getting better quality items?
i know ive always hit luxury items with my construction/leadership builder, i also pray always, but i dont have lots of experience as a builder

im sure you all have the builder set when building at higher levels, so getting quality items praying/not praying, if my theory is correct, the points on repairing and leadership from the set are those that help you with better items

someone going pure repairing or pure leadership could test this easily

and yet another theory could be the character type, i for one, always go quaker

DeletedUser

My current town in Beta is about the same. Town hall 1, prayer 0, and the gunsmith has 100% precise fort weapons except for a brittle crossbow and regular Winchester. That was also almost entirely with one builder, me.

I am trying the same, but my town hall is 10, starting from there. So far with 1440 LP I have still managed to get 1/2 if not more, rusty items.

DeletedUser

Luck has to do with it, and praying affects luck - as does the holiday set.

DeletedUser

I personally don't think that praying has anything to do with luck, but you might be on something with the holiday set. Never thought of it in connection with shop building.

Deleted User - 1278415

I wonder if having a lot of money in hand on you while you build plays any role in better items.

or maybe only building 2 hours a day

But really what are you really trying to get a perfect gunsmith that has precise and sharp everything?

if everyone knew how to do it do you think anyone would have rusty weapons anymore? and then what about the tailors would you strive to have all clothes fancy the workers or fort fighters the duelers or the questy adventurers? then you have shops around the world with the same item and then the less important items for other classes would be coveted or more desired.

My point is that if every lemming town had the same thing then the game wouldn't be interesting and we shouldnt try to figure out the randomness of the shops.

as for my 2 cents I prefer to have rusty weapons at the beginning of the gun builds.. as then I see that as I get closer to lv15 on gunsmith things are more precise/sharp.

DeletedUser

It would probably balance out, i.e if several towns started to get lots of shinies your town is less likely to.

DeletedUser

so basically pray is a waste of time and waiting till 100% motivation? you just gotta be lucky...Because, i'm sick of taking the time to pray and wait for motivation, only to have your stores end up rubbish anyway.

DeletedUser

Level 9 gunsmith now, still have over 1400 LP, only one sharp/precise item to date. I only build at 90+ % , so there has to be something more to it.

DeletedUser

I believe the game engine distributes items randomly but still in a way that existing game shops have all possible items.
If there would be a trick to get all best items in your shop, then what shop in the world would have a blue bandana? None.