What determines items appearing in stores

Harsha..

Hey guys

You know, that there are several items in The West, they are of all types - shirts - waistcoats - boots, etc

As most of you know, there are about 6-8 of each item type, which can appear as each lvl of the town store is upgraded

for example: There are several types of shirts - Gray, red, blue, green, yellow, black, brown and fancy shirts - what determines the color i get, when i build the town also, what is the chance of getting the fancy shirt?

In the Gunsmith, the situation is similar, there are three types of each weapon - rusty, normal and precise

What determines the chance of getting the weapons in the Gunsmith?

Sometimes, i notice, that it is not possible to get two "precise" weapons, while upgrading a gunsmith lvl, is this a condicence, or was programmed to happen?

So, to summarize, what determines items and weapons appearing in stores, when they are upgraded?

Does it depend on

- Construction points the builder has
- the amount of construction points done into the next building lvl
- builder prayed before building
- Just random, like, from a dice

I searched, and the results were too vague and no post gave a clear answer to this question, does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The answers are vague because no one knows and all you'll get are the same theories you've seen before.

DeletedUser

Of course you can't get two precise weapons in one level, because you can get one precise firearm at a time. You might mean sharp and precise and yes, that tends to seem like it.
I will look into it and see if it is indeed true.
And as luck is a major factor in the game, I think it plays a big role here also. No philosophy, random drop, like in jobs, if you ask for my opinion.

Edit: As you can see it didn't take me a long time to let you know it is possible to get a sharp weapon and a precise weapon at the same time (meaning same gunsmith level).
Example: Precise Schofield and Sharp Cavalry Saber - town: Vienna - Recruiting in W2.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Of course it's possible to get a precise and sharp weapon in one level.

DeletedUser

Its purely dependent on luck as all other things in west are.

But prayer (as rumored) gives best stuff in store.

DeletedUser

Except some levels, where you only get one thing - e.g. level 9 of the gunsmith, you will only get a machete of some sort.

I think it depends on a lot of different stuff, mostly though the construction points and motivation of the builder finishing the level.

I think there is programming involved somewhere, and it is not possible say to get all items needed to complete a set... but I could be wrong

DeletedUser

Except some levels, where you only get one thing - e.g. level 9 of the gunsmith, you will only get a machete of some sort.

I think it depends on a lot of different stuff, mostly though the construction points and motivation of the builder finishing the level.

I think there is programming involved somewhere, and it is not possible say to get all items needed to complete a set... but I could be wrong

I say there's just random luck.
It's possible to get three sharp/precise weapons at a level - look at town XU352 in World 1 for example (http://weststats.com/Towntrader/?world=en1&town=806). They have the sharp cavalry saber, precise schofield and precise breech-loader. They also have the precise buntline and precise winchester. Out of 11 ranged weapons in their gunsmith, 8 are precise.

There's also possible to have a complete set - in World 5 there are two towns named "Indian set town" and "Charlatans set Town".

DeletedUser

If Dj Storm says it's luck, it's luck. I'm sure he's tested all the theories, although it's probably impossible for any builder to get enough data for any real conclusion. I think having high LP might help a bit though, but it's still possible for a low level builder to get all fancy/sharp/precise items.

DeletedUser

There's also possible to have a complete set - in World 5 there are two towns named "Indian set town" and "Charlatans set Town".

Well, i'll be :huh:

Okay - it's all random and luck and stuff then

DeletedUser

I think it is mostly random.

Praying may have something to do with it, but nobody is really sure.

DeletedUser

Praying may have something to do with it, but nobody is really sure.

The worst shop levels I've built in my life have been after praying. I'm getting sick of hearing the completely unfounded prayer theory. I can see prayer affecting luck or anything else, but store inventory? God is not a fashion designer.

DeletedUser

The worst shop levels I've built in my life have been after praying. I'm getting sick of hearing the completely unfounded prayer theory. I can see prayer affecting luck or anything else, but store inventory? God is not a fashion designer.

Everyone has their own opinions. I don't even know what I think. If it is, it is. If it isn't, it isn't. And I understand how you would get tired of reading the same post over and over again. Sorry for that.

But it may have something to do with it. I have no idea, neither does anyone else.

DeletedUser618

The worst shop levels I've built in my life have been after praying. I'm getting sick of hearing the completely unfounded prayer theory.

I am a builder in multiple worlds. In one world the gunsmith looks like a junk dealer, lots of rusty weapons. In another world, all the fort weapons are precise, except one. Because others in town subscribe to the belief that prayer improves items, I pray before building.

But I do not believe that it makes any difference in what is stocked in the store. Prayer has just become a habit. After building many buildings in 3 different worlds, I see no pattern or consistency in the effect of prayer on wares.

DeletedUser

i have been a member in a town that stated in their town rules that praying before building stores is a must. it didnt help anyone except for duelers in the tailor

i had a town in W2 that i built from ground to level 10(level 11 gunsmith) and never prayed and had plenty of fancy, sharp, and precise items. and i was an adventurer

one town let anyone build on the stores, but the builder with the most LP had to level up the store. didnt really make a difference

only time i pray is when i am banking between jobs and then go back out to another job. i have had success more often than not finding items on jobs after praying.

but i also prayed over 100 times before guarding the fort in W5 and i have yet to get a union flag

DeletedUser16628

We @ Bulls Bend are fortunate to have some of the best builders as we won't need to shop elsewhere all of our weapons are sharp or precise no rust baby.Great clothing boots I want to thank all of our builders for making my shopping experience so delightful.Having experienced builders does make all the difference no question.

Harsha..

So, from the posts, i can summarize, that it's totally random and praying has nothing to do with it

and, sorry - Duduie, i saw it happen in most stores, which i built, sorry for the mistake

But, there is another possible factor = the town hall, i remember one town, which i built in W2 - Blackquarter, there, i and my fellow builders built the town hall first and we ended up with many precise and sharp items...

The situation is a bit similar to my town in W11, where the town hall is at lvl 9, almost all our melee weapons are sharp and the 3 out of 5 guns are precise

Also, I'm also assuming that if many different builders work on the same store, the items, which appears seem to be better than those found in towns, which were built by single builders - is this a condicence?

As for praying, it's common knowledge that praying more than one time a day can lead to bad luck, has anyone ever ventured tried to test the "prayer theory"?

(such as praying at every possible time in a week and checking the item finds and in the next week, never praying at all and checking the items found in the high luck jobs)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

As for praying, it's common knowledge that praying more than one time a day can lead to bad luck, has anyone ever ventured tried to test the "prayer theory"?

The only valid prayer theory is that in any thread discussing building, finding products, or finding items gets longer, the probability of prayer coming up approaches one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser618

But, there is another possible factor = the town hall, i remember one town, which i built in W2 - Blackquarter, there, i and my fellow builders built the town hall first and we ended up with many precise and sharp items...

I disagree. One town I helped build, the Town Hall was maxed first before any shops were built. Shops contained the odd assortment of items.

The town I am helping to build now has a town hall at level 4, Level 11 Gunsmith is quite nice with Precise fort weapons except for brittle bow.

DeletedUser

The town I am helping to build now has a town hall at level 4, Level 11 Gunsmith is quite nice with Precise fort weapons except for brittle bow.

My current town in Beta is about the same. Town hall 1, prayer 0, and the gunsmith has 100% precise fort weapons except for a brittle crossbow and regular Winchester. That was also almost entirely with one builder, me.

Harsha..

i see....

I'm going to build a new town in W2 pretty soon and i'm going to put all the theories to test, i'll be the only builder and i'll pray before lvling up the store and, finally - i'll get the store completion to 90-99% before finishing it off, we'll see what the result will be!