Weapon Wear & Tear

DeletedUser

Okay, so this is how it goes.

Weapon Wear & Tear

A sharp weapon or precise gun will turn to regular after a month of gameplay. Then after another month, it will become rusty. Then it will break (you won't have it in your inventory).

BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THIS:

In the Gunsmith shop, there will be a button that says repair weapon. This will require $(x=level required to equip wep times 8). Also, it will require 5 skills-- Reparing, Repairing, Fine Motor Skills, Fine Motor Skills, and Stamina. (Labour points=level to equip wep x 8). Also there will be a warning 3 days before your rusty weapon will break.

I don't see how it could be abused...

This will add a level of realistic gameplay to the game-- it will cost to have the same shiny precise gun for a year (discluding weapons such as Huckleberry's Slingshot and Granmont's Pistol).

DeletedUser

Weapon Wear & Tear

A sharp weapon or precise gun will turn to regular after a month of gameplay. Then after another month, it will become rusty. Then it will break (you won't have it in your inventory).

In the Gunsmith shop, there will be a button that says repair weapon. This will require $(x=level required to equip wep times 8). Also, it will require 5 skills-- Reparing, Repairing, Fine Motor Skills, Fine Motor Skills, and Stamina. (Labour points=level to equip wep x 8). Also there will be a warning 3 days before your rusty weapon will break.

This will add a level of realistic gameplay to the game-- it will cost to have the same shiny precise gun for a year (discluding weapons such as Huckleberry's Slingshot and Granmont's Pistol).

And you want to make things harder on yourself and everyone around you... why? :huh:

I say leave it the way it is.. I dont need to be paying 800 odd dollars to repair my inventory.

Red Falcon

Weapon Wear & Tear

Absolutely not! Bad bad idea!

DeletedUser

I don't think I've ever had a weapon for a month. I suppose when I am able to afford the best weapon my character can get I'll keep the same weapon, but until then this wouldn't affect me at all. Plus there really is no point to it. I say no.

DeletedUser

Idk. The gatlin gun idea was far better than this and I hated it lol. :blink:

DeletedUser

Rush to find repair after you duel? Then we'd need weaponsmiths and repair guys!

:eek:hmy:

Seriously tho, it won't be hard to add an additional box in the gunsmith currently for a repair weapon option.

The question would be whether it would add anything to the game?

DeletedUser

i dont like the idea, but it would make it more real, but there should be a used factor. Why should someone's weapon rust when they never use it. If they do use they weapon they should be a weapon case to keep it in to pervent rust from happning

DeletedUser

I would be lying if I said I liked this idea, and I fail to see how it would improve gameplay...

*thumbs down*

DeletedUser

Iv'e said it a million times, sometimes people don't look for "more realistic" in a game they play, we have enough reality as it is.
no need for this idea in my opinion.

DeletedUser

OK, time for a different opinion. :)

I wouldn't mind items degrading, personally, but I don't like the idea of requiring certain skills to repair them. Everybody needs their items, not just characters with those particular skills, so it would imbalance the game in favor of characters who built up those skills. If you're going to do it, make it more equitable, like Diablo II where the blacksmith repairs everyone's stuff simply for a gold payment that's the same for anyone. I also think it should be on a usage system, as that's more realistic. Every use of your item for 1 hour could give a 1% chance to reduce the durability by 1, or something like that -- again, similar to D2.

Buuuuut, I doubt that my willingness to go with this idea can even be heard in here over the din of wailing, gnashing of teeth, and tearing of garments. :D

DeletedUser

Of course they would. All items would degrade, not just weapons.

So why would my Shotgun be used when I'm fishing?

Whereas if I'm dueling then it obviously would, it would be too hard to code imo, you would have to bring out tools for jobs such as mowing pasture because no one would use a weapon for that, they'd use a scythe.

So working would not always need a weapon equipped as such you would favour non duelers (not the class the people) as they would not need to pay for the repair of a weapon after working in most cases.

Red Falcon

Of course they would. All items would degrade, not just weapons.

If all the items were set to degrade, then you have no idea how many people would be complaining that they lost their item like let's say, while they were sleeping. This forum would be filled with item degrade complaints and many people would stop playing The West altogether. It will NEVER work. :nowink:

DeletedUser

If all the weapons and clothes were to degrade, most people would quit this game.

The game would be too hardcore, and thus not be mainstream.
Not part of the main-stream = risky, and potentialy alot less dough for Inno.

DeletedUser

items degrading would be stupid. i can unerstand that it would be realistic, but i dont think it should require skills AND a cost. the point of a tailor is make and repair clothes for you, and its the same with a gunsmith. if equipment degraded, then it should take a long time. it also shouldn't degrade in your backpack, and only degrade when you have it on you. and the cost would be extremely high, and could possibly make it better to just buy a new one.
and neckwear doesn't have a minimum level, as do horses. also, a lot of gear doesn't have appropriately assigned minimum levels, like a grey waistcoat with a mimimum level of 16, while a bowie knife costs $50 less, but requires level 30.

this idea is a terrible idea, and the errors in it make it completely worthless and stupid.
simply put: no.

DeletedUser

So why would my Shotgun be used when I'm fishing?

Whereas if I'm dueling then it obviously would, it would be too hard to code imo, you would have to bring out tools for jobs such as mowing pasture because no one would use a weapon for that, they'd use a scythe.

So working would not always need a weapon equipped as such you would favour non duelers (not the class the people) as they would not need to pay for the repair of a weapon after working in most cases.

You have a point; I hadn't thought about that. So, unless/until that changes, the very idea is imbalanced.

As for the time factor, yes, it would have to be a slow process, otherwise the fears of people quitting would come true. But D2 didn't have any trouble whatsoever in that regard, so gear degradation/repair isn't a terrible thing per se. I'm still interested in the concept, but with TW as it presently is, I agree that it can't work yet.