We are being dueled by our visitors!

• Thread starter White Thunder Woman
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Our town is having a problem! It is just a few that are doing this, but we need to get this under raps...
I sent this telegram to all the folks visiting our town:

Hi there visitors to ThunderRolls! I hope our humble little town is meeting your sleeping and shopping needs whilst y'all are on your quest to find the murderer!
I DO have one major request while you are here, well two actually.
One: Please do not duel our town members! There are so many of you and our guys are not even able to do any jobs or quests because they are dueled SOOO much that they always end up passed out in the hotel, right in the next room to the guys who are dueling them! So if you see that the guy is from ThunderRolls, just move on to someone else please! We pitch in here and even our duelers are helping to build the town for the visitors and

Two: Please tell EVERYONE about number one. All your fellow townsmen and post in your forums. This murder quest will be around for awhile I assume and because of our location on the map we will always have visitors. Let's make the visits enjoyable for everybody please!!

Please respond to this and even if you did not duel any of us, let us know that you are willing to spread the Good Word.
Thanks guys

WTW-founder of ThunderRolls:(

That pretty much explains it, so unless the mods choose to move the location of the murder quest, EVERYONE on the quest needs to adhere to our request.

DeletedUser

What? You guys are too idiotic to think of talking like the game was rl? It's a sim game too if you West-speak. They are in MY town and beating up my guys, so of course I'm gonna say something. Get a brain....

DeletedUser

Aloha White Woman Thunder!

Let's be careful with our words. Who is truly the "idiot"?

The reason your question has been received in this manner is that it appears that you are new to the game and do not understand it's basic mechanics.

Just because you have built a hotel, and people stay in it, does not mean foreign occupants can not attack you from it's relative safety. This is called "camping".

Maybe you should offer them something more appealing!

Good luck with your uninvited guests!

Baldness

DeletedUser

You have to understand they are not friendly visitors, but simply people who wound up in your town doing the quest and feeling like scoring a few duels. You can't impose any rules on them or expect anything in return. As long as your town is there you will always be heavily dueled.

The players are allowed to do whatever they want to. I for example keep an eye on the people that visit my town and regardless of whether they were simply sleeping in my hotel I go to their town and start KO'ing people. No, it's not fair but it keeps me entertained. No one has come lately though.

DeletedUser

I hear ya, and I'm not so new as to not know the basics such as dueling. However when I posted that telegram, I was pissed and failed by saying "our duelers" when, in fact, we don't have any. Neither do we have soldiers. All workers and adventurers. Our top guy, Adventure Class, is only 2 levels above at 71 as a dueler and is getting KO'd by level 97 guys.
Also, everyone in town was wanting to leave because of this. So, as founder, I promised to do what I can to make the game fun again for them.
Anyway, our Alliance kicked in and all iz good now.

DeletedUser

Yes Kiwi don't let her and her town down. Make sure the hotel is up to your high standards and get back with us!

DeletedUser

Although she has not gone about it in a conventional way, I kinda have some sympathy for her.

Towns in the north-west corner near the ghost town, in the region near the coyote desert, or even near Mudgridge or other quest givers, have some advantages AND disadvantages. For one thing certain people could deposit money in their banks or sleep at their hotels, but I think its worse when duelers/soldiers get bored and decide to pop on of the town members... not cool! I prefer having my town located away from any of the major hot spots!

DeletedUser

*sighs* Forums! Ok, so I added "or else" in there as well whilst enraged, geez, some people on here nitpick over every word. And we DID get that bridge built and are over it.

DeletedUser

You have to go and buy a new location for your town. Go to the building in the south east corner and enter the real estate agents office. It doesn't show up until you get there. It cost 1k and you can pick a new location.