Resolved Wasteland (lazy deputy)

Apelatia

There is a loop in the questline currently, which doesn't allow you to carry on with it past the first few steps. There will be a fix coming for this soon, so hang in there. You'll be able to continue with the questline soon enough.

DeletedUser

There is a loop in the questline currently, which doesn't allow you to carry on with it past the first few steps. There will be a fix coming for this soon, so hang in there. You'll be able to continue with the questline soon enough.

Ah ok. So must wait on patch to fix that. Thank you for answer.

Apelatia

You could also submit a ticket to support, and they will fix it themselves for you up until the update comes, which won't be long at all.

DeletedUser

Do I have to do something in particular to get the sheriff to give me the Wasteland Level 20 quest? I have completed Save The Saloon part 2. Since I am level 61 I thought perhaps I had already accepted it, but the Westwood's farm isn't showing up with any kind of a marker and when I go to it all the quest givers show locked. Thanks for any help. I did search already and I use TW-DB, but nothing is helping me so far.

DeletedUser

If the Sheriff isn't giving you the quest, then you haven't completed Save The Saloon, Part 2 (Showdown).
I know SO many people who say, "I HAVE completed it!" But when they check, they say, "Oh. I haven't. I could have SWORN I did."
If you go you your Questbook to the left of your screen and then click on "Completed Quests".
Have a look in there. If it does indeed list the above quest as Completed and the Sheriff doesn't offer you the quest, then you have encountered a bug and need to raise a ticket.
Honestly, I have done this quest about 10 times (restarted when I made mistakes) and have never once had a problem. (Except when the bug-loop happened, but that was fixed a LONG time ago.)

Post-edit: In the Saloon, click on every single character. Make sure that all quests that even MENTION "Save The Saloon" are completed. Also, you MAY have to do Waupee's quest to visit the Indian at the very lower-right of the map.

Last edited by a moderator:

Protasov

I was looking back through all of the available quest lines, and noticed that I had not yet started the level 20 quest "Wasteland".

I'm currently level 128, and have completed close to every quest line in the game, many of which required "Save the Saloon, part II", so that shouldn't be the problem.

From reading about the quest on tw-db, I should be offered "Lazy Deputy?" by Sheriff Fitzburn, but he has no quests available for me. It is not currently open in the Quest book and hidden either.

I've been to location where the Westwoods reside, and all 6 quest givers have the lock icon.

This isn't any type of critical issue for me, I'm just a completionist and would like to check this quest line off my to-do list.

Any advice?

DeletedUser34295

I was looking back through all of the available quest lines, and noticed that I had not yet started the level 20 quest "Wasteland".

I'm currently level 128, and have completed close to every quest line in the game, many of which required "Save the Saloon, part II", so that shouldn't be the problem.

From reading about the quest on tw-db, I should be offered "Lazy Deputy?" by Sheriff Fitzburn, but he has no quests available for me. It is not currently open in the Quest book and hidden either.

I've been to location where the Westwoods reside, and all 6 quest givers have the lock icon.

This isn't any type of critical issue for me, I'm just a completionist and would like to check this quest line off my to-do list.

Any advice?

Did you finish the quest "New Wasteland"? There was an error with the original wasteland quest and it was taken away and replaced with the one called "New Wasteland". The original is no longer available in the game.

Protasov

Did you finish the quest "New Wasteland"? There was an error with the original wasteland quest and it was taken away and replaced with the one called "New Wasteland". The original is no longer available in the game.

Why yes, yes I have completed "New Wasteland"!

The original no longer being in the game would certainly be the reason why I show it as not completed, and unable to start it! Doh.

Thank you Wondertje.