Resolved Wasteland (lazy deputy)

DeletedUser

I've banged my head against the wall on this one for a few days?
I'm having no luck figuring out how to do this quest
Also it's my first post:)
any help would be much appreciated, I looked at this website
http://tw-db.info/?strana=quest&serie=qs_66
but it just says to complete part 2??
Thank you

DeletedUser

Like it says, complete part 2. This isn't the only quest that requires you to complete subquests before you can complete the main quest. Accept the sheriff's quest, accept and complete Johnny's quest, complete the sheriff's quest.

Deleted User - 1278415

Hi joepaw, welcome to the forum and congrats on the 1st post. Sorry to hear you are banging your head. Seems to be a lot of that lately.

Are you having problems just finding the lazy deputy, Johnny Westwood? or are you past that?

I would assist more but that might lead to spoilers, and this thread would need to be moved into Quest Discussion before I can lay that info out in the open.

DeletedUser

I would assist more but that might lead to spoilers, and this thread would need to be moved into Quest Discussion before I can lay that info out in the open.

Explaining game mechanics isn't a spoiler. There's only one spoiler in this quest line and it's not the first quest.

Deleted User - 1278415

Ok well since I cant say what I originally posted, how do you determine what is a spoiler and what is not a spoiler?

DeletedUser22685

Answering a simple question about a quest that requires an answer already given in-game is not a spoiler. Giving away "secret" information regarding the time/date/location/item requirement of a quest that is not given in-game and is therefore intended to be discovered by the player is a spoiler and has to be posted in Quest Discussion.

DeletedUser35108

My world is Briscoe (en14.the-west.net). My browser is Mozilla Firefox.
Since id:735 the quest "Wasteland (The rightful owner II) isn't available for me because the white marks of three persons is absent on the map. There are only green marks on the little map. I passed all items before this point. I passed this quest earlier in other worlds of old version.

DeletedUser

My world is Briscoe (en14.the-west.net). My browser is Mozilla Firefox.
Since id:735 the quest "Wasteland (The rightful owner II) isn't available for me because the white marks of three persons is absent on the map. There are only green marks on the little map. I passed all items before this point. I passed this quest earlier in other worlds of old version.

Are you sure you accepted the first quest from the sheriff?

DeletedUser22685

If you still haven't found that map Elmyr told you about, Johnny Westwood is in county 9, second from the left in the bottom row. There doesn't seem to be a white dot on the map for me either, but maybe that's because I have no available quest givers at that location.

DeletedUser

If you still haven't found that map Elmyr told you about, Johnny Westwood is in county 9, second from the left in the bottom row. There doesn't seem to be a white dot on the map for me either, but maybe that's because I have no available quest givers at that location.
If that's the problem, he hasn't accepted the sheriff's quest.

DeletedUser22685

Yeah, I wasn't aware that the white dot didn't show up if you had no active quest givers at the location and thought this particular quest giver set may have been bugged on the mini map, but after a quick check it seems it's like that for all of them, which makes sense.

DeletedUser

I am like the guy who started this thread. I too am about to throw in the towel. I have asked repeatedly > HOW DO I accept: wasteland farming? I have canceled and restarted this quest. I have a check mark on "go to Johnny Westwood" I have left Johnny and returned, I have tried to do this quest and retried on different days. Now the game will not let me do any other quests. It seems I am to figure this out and can go no further until I do. I have checked the mini map and all other quest givers I have found.
I cannot yet accept Flint Westwood. The game will not let me. Please help. I am two seconds from giving up on this game. Really game designers make the clues possible/easy to understand!

I have looked at several game help pages. They give zero information not found in the game. I am not going to help pages to reread what I know. This Quest is the only quest on my quest log.
BTW ........ www.tw-tb.info ............is worthless.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't understand what's so hard about it. You need to go to FLINT Westwood. You were at the wrong quest giver. TW-DB pretty much explains it. You can't finish lazy deputy 2 until you finish farming. To finish farming, you need to accept lazy deputy 2 and go to flint and do the quest.

DeletedUser928

I am like the guy who started this thread. I too am about to throw in the towel. I have asked repeatedly > HOW DO I accept: wasteland farming? I have canceled and restarted this quest. I have a check mark on "go to Johnny Westwood" I have left Johnny and returned, I have tried to do this quest and retried on different days. Now the game will not let me do any other quests. It seems I am to figure this out and can go no further until I do. I have checked the mini map and all other quest givers I have found.
I cannot yet accept Flint Westwood. The game will not let me. Please help. I am two seconds from giving up on this game. Really game designers make the clues possible/easy to understand!

I have looked at several game help pages. They give zero information not found in the game. I am not going to help pages to reread what I know. This Quest is the only quest on my quest log.
BTW ........ www.tw-tb.info ............is worthless.

I know this is old. But I just had this issue... I was at the kid and could not figure out how to get to Flint...
Only after I came back in the Flint block showed up.... I can see why folks where going crazy..

DeletedUser

I cant complete that quest. Have do what I had to do, scare birds have 8/8 but cant click complete quest because I dont have it to click. Whats wrong ?