Wars attacks tactics and more

DeletedUser

You can't overcome it. Unless your idea becomes so limited as to whom a town can attack that it is practically worthless. By the time you make it optional and then towns are popping in and out of being able to be dueled by whether or not their fortifications have been knocked down AND the players levels have to be fairly matched up...its not worth it.

never say never. :D
however if i (or others) can't find a solution the idea is indeed worthless.

Not to mention the fact that if the Mayor is in charge of pushing the button and is the one receiving the notification of an impending attack it makes the Mayor practically tied to his computer. What happens if the Mayor isn't online? This is a click and leave type of game. Your idea seems to change that into making one person in the town have to be online a considerable amount of time.

actually you could have 2-3 mayors or perhaps expand the push button thing to the coucelors. that's not such a big deal. the duel level crap is the problem now :(

DeletedUser

actually you could have 2-3 mayors or perhaps expand the push button thing to the coucelors. that's not such a big deal. the duel level crap is the problem now :(

It is a big deal. You cannot have any players able to control other players with the push of a button EVER.

DeletedUser

Some towns don't have 2 or 3 Mayors and don't want additional Mayors. The limitations on this idea are just growing more and more.

1. Must build fortifications if you want to attack
2. Should probably have more than 1 Mayor because someone has to be online all the time.
3. Have to have 10 players able to defend and 10 able to attack
4. Can only attack other towns with fortifications
5. Can only attack towns if the dueling/player level is fair

It's an idea with too many prerequisites attached to it. It makes it very limited. Again, especially when they are introducing forts.

You still have a problem with making 10 players defend a town when maybe they don't want to. The Mayor is control of all of that. Say I'm a soldier and I'm in the middle of a duel and the Mayor pushes his button. Now I'm already down on health from the duel I'm about to finish. You say I don't have to stop doing what I'm doing. Well technically, yeah I would. I would have to see what sort of health I have left over so I can know if I can continue to duel my next target OF MY CHOOSING. There is also the very real possibility that I will be KO'd because the Mayor pushed the button. Now I'm really going to be pissed. Now I get transported back to town and I can't duel for 2 days. I'd leave my town and find another one very quickly.

Also, as Elmyr said, your signature is too big and animated sigs are not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

DiM-topia, I think the best way to proceed here is for you to shelve some of this rather large concept and focus on implementing just part of it. Then, later on, we can revisit some more of it. IMO it's too much at once, as you've presented it. Narrow your proposal to something more bite-sized for now, and it may find a smoother reception.

Gradualism FTW.

DeletedUser5046

focus on the war tactics...after te town shootouts are implemented

Diggo11

That scenario is very limited.

Duellers, Workers and Adventurers all have equal chances in a duel, compared to the single class of Soldier that has an advantage, and even that is limited to the soldier being the defender.

Also the same applies for building. Adventurers, Duellers and Soldiers can all build just as well, its only the Worker that has a mere 5% bonus.
Yep just ignore the relevant facts!

so in the long run it comes down to how many points you have invested in your skills and how well you put them.
Exactly so when a Adventurer (speced as dueller) V Dueller contest occurs then its 50/50. So back to the point this makes your character class limitations really stupid.

If an adventurer is specced pure dueler (happens more often than you might think) and goes up against a dueler with the same gear and they are at the same level, using the same gun, it all comes down to how they are specced. Has nothing to do with character class. They both have an even chance. Soldiers only have advantages in dueling when they are on the defending side. So same scenario with a soldier attacking an adventurer then again, its an even chance and depends on specs. But that isn't even the point of your post.
an adventurer that goes against a soldier with identical weapons clothes and specs will lose because of the soldier's advantage in defence.
In 12 out of 16 possible duelling situations character class provides no [in duel] advantages, yet you persist in making a fuss over the minority chance!

No Advantage
Dueller V Dueller
Dueller V Adventurer
Dueller V Worker
Soldier V Dueller
Soldier V Adventurer
Soldier V Worker
Adventurer V Dueller
Adventurer V Adventurer
Adventurer V Worker
Worker V Dueller
Worker V Adventurer
Worker V Worker

With Advantage
Dueller V Soldier
Soldier V Soldier
Adventurer V Soldier
Worker V Soldier

So if a duel is instigated 3/4 times no class shall have an advantage. Anyway Soldiers don't get duelled - soldiers duel, making this bonus rarely used!

Last edited:

DeletedUser5046

well after sometime i noticed tat te first time i duel (as an adventurer) a soldier with higher level than me...te percentage of losing is almost 90% but then i won and was wrong wit mah thought..then te next time i battle te same soldier...i lost...its like te duelling level doesnt have much to do wit te way you duel...it slike it was only there to display how long have you been duelling...

DeletedUser

Dim, give it up already.

Your futile attempts are getting pathetic.

DeletedUser

great idea but i don't about the duelers been attackers and the soilders been defenders, that would be unfare to the soilders that are good at dueling just like me, my lvl is 22 and dueling lvl is 38, i don't think i'll be happy watching my friend fighting when i am just siting there doing nothing, and for small towns they can't even get 10 pp togather, so how are they going to get 10 duelers???:blink:

DeletedUser

There are some good ideas in this thread and I thought I might add a spin to it, rather than to start a whole new related thread.

Rather than a town "war", groups would be able to band together for missions against targets. It could work like fort battles as a mock-up top-down view of town, but use different skill sets for different mission types. This would require fighting types and some more specialized characters.

Also a 24 hour notice to the town would be used. numbers in the group should be limited to the population of the target town or some formula to calculate power based on cumulative levels. Missions should require a large energy value, so that they can not be done exclusively without the need to do regular jobs. Maybe require a small cash payment to start as a mission supplies.

Examples:
-robbing bank vault that would require some player with a high fine-motor skill to open the safe. higher level banks require higher skill and give greater cash reward.

-stealing horses that requires high animal instinct/horse riding and rewards victory based on highest level mount from general store.

-weapon/clothing thief that might use hiding.

-destoying town buildings might use construction skill. the abuse of the mission could be remedied by townspeople having to use repairing skill, rather than to actually rebuild buildings.

I am sure more ideas for interesting missions can be found. I don't want to overthink that here.

The rewards for missions should not come from the town that is under attack. They should be cash and experience just like regular jobs or just some type of new prestige ranking for the town. The attacker or defender can each earn them in a successful mission or defense.

A new town building Sheriff station may be helpful for small town, where increasing the level will add deputies, NPCs that fire on attackers until they are knocked out. Maybe just defeating shop owners who are difficult based on level of their building as a final step to win the reward.

Also there would be no point in a big town abusing a small town since there is very limited reward. Also there is no real damage done since the reward is not directly from town funds, so abusing would be painless for the victim.

Just a brainstorm from reading all about not changing character of the game and stuff. I like the game as it is now, but it has potential to have more intense, hands-on action on a limited basis.

tell me what is good and/or flame away!